Hello,

I'm a Blackberry noob, having never used one. I am currently on a Razr V3xx with att. My contract ends in August. I'm looking at the new Tour with Verizon, I need the device mainly for PIMs and email. Calendar is extremely important for me. Everything I hear about Blackberrys are there superior email but nothing on the calendar.

So how is the Calendar? Is it better than Winmo?

I don't have any corporate backbone support, but can I still wirelessly sync calendar, contacts... with the $30 BB plan?

Thanks
    05-03-09 02:05 PM
    The calendar is pretty basic IMO. You can probably get a better calendar app, but you will most likely have to pay for it.

You can wirelessly sync your calendar and contacts using Google sync if you have/get a Gmail acct.
    05-03-09 02:19 PM
    If I sync it though Google, then I would have to first sync outlook to Google. Is there a way to sync directly from Outlook to BB?
    05-03-09 02:27 PM
    Yes, you would sync Outlook to BB using the Desktop Manager software that comes on a CD with your BB, or can be downloaded from the Blackberry website free.
    05-03-09 02:29 PM
    With PIBB you can sync with outlook and completely bypass the BB pim. However it is not a wireless sync yet. Alex says that is an option probably coming later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 02:30 PM
    i really utilize the calendar on my bb and find it very easy to navigate...like stated above, its pretty basic but gets the job done...using a "today theme" (themes are the way your homescreen and icons look) you can easily view your calendar appts on your home screen
    05-03-09 02:58 PM
    With PIBB you can use icons and color coordinate events and know what you have at a glance. Works great with keeping track of multiple people's activities.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 03:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD