I've attached a few screen grabs. Just read Bla1ze's post on Doctor Who, and am a fellow Whovian that saw last night's Neil Gaiman penned episode "Nightmare in Silver". There was the moment when the little girl complained of getting no service (on another planet!) and put down her phone. Technically, not a Blackberry phone (looks like an Android knockoff), but I thought it might be a slight nod to Blackberry since it's a keyboard phone. (On a side note, love Matt Smith as The Doctor, he evokes some of Patrick Troughton, who I think was one of the best Doctors in the shows history).

Since switching to Blackberry I'm noticing cell phone placement much more, and I work in media so I tend to notice product placement, even when it's subtle.

Another show that does place Blackberry product, and one of the best written shows on television imho, is Justified. Raylan Givens is a Blackberry Bold user from the looks of things. I don't know if Blackberry pays for placement as it's pretty subtle, but given that the Executive Producer and Head Writer Graham Yost is Canadian, I'm pleased to see it there. If you want an example of OBVIOUS product placement, check out Elementary. Apple is clearly paying for placement, they even have all the sound effects!

Anyway, thought I'd post and wonder if there are any other Blackberry sightings in media (TV, Music videos, etc.). As someone who works in film and television this is something that I think BB should do more. Any thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry nod on Doctor Who?  And another BB show sighting.-doctorwho.jpg   Blackberry nod on Doctor Who?  And another BB show sighting.-justified.s04e13.mkv_002453075.jpg   Blackberry nod on Doctor Who?  And another BB show sighting.-justified.s04e13.mkv_002416496.jpg  
    Last edited by Gnomesane; 05-22-13 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Changed title to reflect users posts.
    eldricho likes this.
    05-12-13 09:03 AM
    ...yeah, same thing for 'The Following'.
    05-12-13 09:49 AM
    On hannibal too

I noticed that whilst watching the episode too!!! But decided it looks more like an android.

The funny thing is, when Neil Gailman was being interviewed regarding the episode, he actually mentioned that he was looking at how his phone has been upgraded so much over the years or somethibg... and I actually wondered if the new blackberry was an inspiration!!!
    Could not been happier when I read about ng being an ambassador... of sort... for blackberry!!!

Big fan of all 3 topics in this post

Blackberry nod on Doctor Who?  And another BB show sighting.-img_00000900.png

Posted via CB10
    baldanders and elmatatan184 like this.
    05-21-13 06:57 AM
    "Hannibal" displays a Bold 9900/9930 quite frequently in the hands of agent Jack Crawford.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 08:38 PM
    Btw doctor who fans do join my dw channel C000C125! Will try to post dw/bb related stuff!

Doctor Who Channel C000C1253
    05-21-13 08:51 PM
    Bones, Booth have a Z10 and in Continuum too, the chief of police department have one

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 09:25 PM
    Yup I saw Booth using the Z10 on Bones.. although it was recorded so I'm a little late

Posted via CB10
    05-21-13 09:38 PM
    Technically, not a Blackberry phone (looks like an Android knockoff), but I thought it might be a slight nod to Blackberry since it's a keyboard phone.
    that's a mighty big leap ya made there.
    05-21-13 09:42 PM
    that's a mighty big leap ya made there.
    Heh. At first I thought it was a Blackberry until I took a still frame. It's the Gaiman connection to Blackberry that made me think it might be a nod. Perhaps the Who production team didn't have any Blackberry units on hand.

Anyway when I see keyboard phones I always think BlackBerry.

So Hannibal rocks a Blackberry...

Great sightings, any more? Screen grabs would be great, we start a gallery.

And if any Blackberry media types are reading this, send some Blackberry phones to the Doctor Who production office, especially Steven Moffatt!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 07:00 AM
    Would be funny if the upgraded android phone became a BlackBerry lol...

Doctor Who Channel C000C1253
    05-22-13 07:33 AM
    What looks like a 9900 is very,very prominent as Kevin Spacey's phone in the Netflix version of House of Cards. Makes sense since it is a political show. Blackberries used to be prominent on Scandal until Microsoft threw money at the show but I still see a few there. It'll be interesting to see if BB10 makes a comeback next season.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-13 09:14 AM
    I know they all use BlackBerries on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, good advertising I always think, although Kim also has an Iphone now as well, but Khloe is a die hard BB fan, she even tweets about it!!

Also noticed on Homeland they use BB on there as well. Am sure there's more!
    05-22-13 10:26 AM
    I know they all use BlackBerries on Keeping Up with the Kardashians, good advertising I always think, although Kim also has an Iphone now as well, but Khloe is a die hard BB fan, she even tweets about it!!

Also noticed on Homeland they use BB on there as well. Am sure there's more!
    Homeland is a good one, what with the emphasis on secure communications. Don't tell me it's just the terrorists that use one! In which case I suspect Apple of funding the show! =)
    05-22-13 11:56 AM
    Okay, so far:

Doctor Who (Android?)
    Justified (BB Bold)
    Hannibal (BB Bold)
    Bones (Z10)
    Continuum
    Warehouse 13
    Homeland
    House of Cards (BB Bold?)
    Keeping Up With The Kardashians
    Scandal

Nice. This is money well spent by BB Marketing if that's the case, imho. Any others?
    05-22-13 12:18 PM
    Well... BB was once featured in CSI, but has been replaced by the iPhone.
    05-25-13 09:22 AM
    White Color has been very prominent with their BlackBerry phones.
    05-25-13 10:08 AM
    What looks like a 9900 is very,very prominent as Kevin Spacey's phone in the Netflix version of House of Cards. Makes sense since it is a political show. Blackberries used to be prominent on Scandal until Microsoft threw money at the show but I still see a few there. It'll be interesting to see if BB10 makes a comeback next season.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't House of Cards rather blatantly in Apple's pocket? There's a famous screengrab of the Spacey character and his CoS sitting at a table with no fewer than NINE idevices between the two of them!

Rather prominent placement of iMacs throughout as well.
    05-25-13 10:35 AM
    Pretty sure Danny Raegan off Blue Bloods uses a Bold 9000
    05-25-13 10:47 AM
    Kevin Spacey's phone uses the default ring tone "spirit". He definitely uses a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 11:31 AM
    Saw an old Bold on the season finale of Criminal minds the other day.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 11:38 AM
    Okay, so far:

Doctor Who (Android?)
    Justified (BB Bold)
    Hannibal (BB Bold)
    Bones (Z10)
    Continuum
    Warehouse 13
    Homeland
    House of Cards (BB Bold?)
    Keeping Up With The Kardashians
    Scandal

Nice. This is money well spent by BB Marketing if that's the case, imho. Any others?
    I saw an older legacy BB on New Girl. Winston had it.

Then one of the characters on The Office had the Bold. I don't remember his name. It was the guy who owns Dunder Mifflin.

The predictive text on my Z10 just suggested "Mifflin" when I typed "Dunder"! I've never typed that before! Has it been watching that show when I'm not around?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 06:31 PM
    On hannibal too

I noticed that whilst watching the episode too!!! But decided it looks more like an android.

The funny thing is, when Neil Gailman was being interviewed regarding the episode, he actually mentioned that he was looking at how his phone has been upgraded so much over the years or somethibg... and I actually wondered if the new blackberry was an inspiration!!!
    Could not been happier when I read about ng being an ambassador... of sort... for blackberry!!!

Big fan of all 3 topics in this post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000900.png 
Views:	785 
Size:	342.0 KB 
ID:	163789

Posted via CB10
    Nice wallpaper, how did you put it so that you don't have no apps showing on it?

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 07:08 PM
    Press and hold on an icon on your last page and move to the far right of screen till it adds page but don't drop it on the new page.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-13 07:56 PM
    theres a 7230 on a later series of scrubs (series 7 or 8) when doctor cox shows it off very obviously. that phone is an 100% android, feature phone or dummy mockup on doctor who, (i hope its android as itd fit in with a cybermen episode) though he has used a blackberry storm before
    Blackberry nod on Doctor Who?  And another BB show sighting.-550w_doctor_who_0501_1.jpg
    Doctor Who and Mobile Phones | Terence Eden has a Blog

cant believe the series has ended, i have a full blown addiction to doctor who XD
    05-25-13 08:55 PM
    John Hurt. 'Nuff said

Nice link on Who and phones. Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    05-25-13 09:17 PM
31 12