Did anyone notice that BlackBerry is systematically being in news all the time. I feel this is most innovative advertising...
    They are making news almost every fortnight.

List may not in order

Christmas giveaway
    BBM for android, ios
    CES presence
    Foxconn deal
    BlackBerry express/ ekke's chart
    10.2.1 OS
    Typo law suit
    EA games giveaway
    BBM Channels
    BVE/bb community app
    Valentine giveaway
    BBM 2.0/ BBM 3.0
    Tilt UI- BlackBerry sweden/ refocus labs
    Senior management changes
    Twitter /fb app update
    Chen's continual interviews

Pipeline

64 bit device
    Ja kart a - Foxconn
    Camera improvements-low lite,face detection, panaroma

Are you still not buying BlackBerry shares :-)... long live Canada's warren buffet

Anand, Z10, India
    bb624, Mecca EL and darkehawke like this.
    02-13-14 11:47 AM
    Whether it's effective enough is debatable... however given they don't have any new products to advertise, I think they've done fantastically well to keep being relevant... on another note I've been seeing less blackberry hate so I think that in itself is an accomplishment

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 and anand_ma like this.
    02-13-14 01:43 PM
    BlackBerry has been in the news a LOT over the last couple years, it was just primarily negative. It's been much better of late, for the most part anyway.
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-13-14 02:26 PM
    Op I have thought the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-13-14 03:49 PM
    Whether it's effective enough is debatable... however given they don't have any new products to advertise, I think they've done fantastically well to keep being relevant... on another note I've been seeing less blackberry hate so I think that in itself is an accomplishment

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what BlackBerry /chen is trying to do. Increase goodwill and decrease hate, I think.

I'm in India, is it legally permitted to buy BlackBerry shares from here?

Anand, Z10, India
    02-13-14 06:16 PM
    That's exactly what BlackBerry /chen is trying to do. Increase goodwill and decrease hate, I think.

I'm in India, is it legally permitted to buy BlackBerry shares from here?

Anand, Z10, India
    Why would it be illegal?

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 06:25 PM
    Why would it be illegal?

Posted via CB10
    I don't know, if you know the procedure, let me know. I'm trying about retail purchase of few tens of shares

Anand, Z10, India
    02-13-14 06:31 PM
    I don't know, if you know the procedure, let me know. I'm trying about retail purchase of few tens of shares

Anand, Z10, India
    Hahaha don't ask for finance advice from people on crackberry.com go see your financial planner

Posted via CB10
    darkehawke and Bdot-1 like this.
    02-13-14 06:54 PM
    Go BB go! hehe
    02-13-14 07:12 PM
    Did anyone notice that BlackBerry is systematically being in news all the time. I feel this is most innovative advertising...
    They are making news almost every fortnight.

List may not in order

Christmas giveaway
    BBM for android, ios
    CES presence
    Foxconn deal
    BlackBerry express/ ekke's chart
    10.2.1 OS
    Typo law suit
    EA games giveaway
    BBM Channels
    BVE/bb community app
    Valentine giveaway
    BBM 2.0/ BBM 3.0
    Tilt UI- BlackBerry sweden/ refocus labs
    Senior management changes
    Twitter /fb app update
    Chen's continual interviews

Pipeline

64 bit device
    Ja kart a - Foxconn
    Camera improvements-low lite,face detection, panaroma

Are you still not buying BlackBerry shares :-)... long live Canada's warren buffet

Anand, Z10, India
    This is all great but I've only seen most of these stories on crackberry

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    02-13-14 07:15 PM
    I think its more important for BB to stop negativity among Crackberry users (Current BB users) than with users from other companies. There are more people out there who had BB experience using other phones. There are being teased with BBM etc... BBM is said to have in app purchases. May be product/service selling through channels.

A happy BB user will spread the joy to others....
    This is all great but I've only seen most of these stories on crackberry

02-13-14 09:19 PM
    I think its more important for BB to stop negativity among Crackberry users (Current BB users) than with users from other companies. There are more people out there who had BB experience using other phones. There are being teased with BBM etc... BBM is said to have in app purchases. May be product/service selling through channels.

A happy BB user will spread the joy to others....
    That is an issue then. There is a huge divide between legacy users and bb10 users.
    Blackberry were foolish in leaving out a lot of legacy features and causing this divide.
    It will take a while before blackberry can unite their users again

02-14-14 10:30 AM
    That is an issue then. There is a huge divide between legacy users and bb10 users.
    Blackberry were foolish in leaving out a lot of legacy features and causing this divide.

I don't think BlackBerry intentionally left lot of features, there only certain things that can be done in certain time period robustly. Wait for 10.3.... :-)

Anand, Z10, India
    02-14-14 12:06 PM

I think what you people fail to realize is that blackberry 's hands were forced. They even had to move the launch date 2 months back. Rewriting an entire OS in a way to match what 6yrs of competition has is very hard. Now doing that while truing to still incorporate major things from the old OS is even harder. The time constraints made it fairly impossible

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 01:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    There is less hate on other sites such as Engadget and BGR, but more on Crackberry as if late by posters.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 02:09 PM
    It's not just legacy posters.....but that is a debate spurring BlackBerry to bring those features forward, and BlackBerry is all the time. it's the constant barrage of BlackBerry bashing from those that use iphones.....its there last ditch effort to crush BlackBerry. BB10 will get out to the masses and iphone is going to be exposed.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 02:15 PM
    It's not just legacy posters.....but that is a debate spurring BlackBerry to bring those features forward, and BlackBerry is all the time. it's the constant barrage of BlackBerry bashing from those that use iphones.....its there last ditch effort to crush BlackBerry. BB10 will get out to the masses and iphone is going to be exposed.

Posted via CB10
    Don't turn this into anti apple. Although ive,seen my fair share of apple fanboys on here.. you never see them discuss on a thread unless the thread has something positive about blackberry lol

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:12 AM
    There is less hate on other sites such as Engadget and BGR, but more on Crackberry as if late by posters.

Posted via CB10
    It's ironic isn't it? You are right. You have people like BD on crack berry who swear that bb10 is the worst os ever developed and bb7 is the future, then you have the android and iPhone camouflagers.. then you have BlackBerry users whining as well as if they didn't know what they bought into before they bought it. And then there are of course the apple and android users who do indeed know what they are talking about but always become the party poopers(:

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:15 AM
    "And then there are of course the apple and android users who do indeed know what they are talking about but always become the party poopers(:"

I hope you are talking about former iOS and Android users like me, not the ones who have never used a BB10 device but consider their own old skool OS superior. Those people, like most clueless blowhards, annoy or amuse me, depending on my mood.
    02-15-14 09:12 AM
    It's ironic isn't it? You are right. You have people like BD on crack berry who swear that bb10 is the worst os ever developed and bb7 is the future, then you have the android and iPhone camouflagers.. then you have BlackBerry users whining as well as if they didn't know what they bought into before they bought it. And then there are of course the apple and android users who do indeed know what they are talking about but always become the party poopers(:

Posted via CB10
    Yes but BlackBerry has been there own worst enemy. The PlayBook was a huge black eye for them. They promised so much with it and delivered very little. Worse they made late promises of BB10 to move fire sale devices when they should have known by that point it wouldn't support BB10. BB10 launch should have been delayed to 10.2 and they should have just scrapped the Z10 or redesigned it with AMOLED screen and with updated Miracast and FM hardware for parity with the rest if the line launched at the same time.

And as much as people here complain about Apple releasing the same device over and over again, the BBOS 4.x through 6 devices were the same thing. This is the view that is associated with the majority of the public about BlackBerry right now because of BBOS.

My Z10 with 10.2.1 is an excellent device and much improved over the device I bought. If they had gotten here before the iPhone 5s launch, my kids would probably be using Z10's and not an iPhone 5. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and BlackBerry has given some poor first impressions for a while.

As for the legacy cult here, IMO these are individuals who have been using cheap plans and cheap services with those plans and they refuse to spend the little extra money to get what the industry standard business grade services are because BIS allowed them to make POP and IMAP accounts function on mobile device, or people who were abusing unlimited BIS plans to the tune of GB's of data use per month. They don't see the big picture that BIS adds more expense for BlackBerry in data center costs, power, support, etc., they just want to stay on the cheap.

My hope is that BlackBerry will come out with a new awesome device over the summer, and put in a marketing effort that clearly lays out they are not BBOS devices, shows they can use Android apps, and maybe even make fun of the old devices and perception of BlackBerry in the process. I think they have a chance to compete now, they must out in a substantial effort to make up for the past mistakes.

Posted via CB10
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    02-15-14 09:14 AM
    I was just thinking yesterday,as the stock lost 3.67% during the day, and BBM improvements were announced,that this happens all the time when good announcements are made.Maybe no news would be good news for BB stockholders,wtf?
    02-15-14 09:25 AM
    Yes but BlackBerry has been there own worst enemy. The PlayBook was a huge black eye for them. They promised so much with it and delivered very little. Worse they made late promises of BB10 to move fire sale devices when they should have known by that point it wouldn't support BB10. BB10 launch should have been delayed to 10.2 and they should have just scrapped the Z10 or redesigned it with AMOLED screen and with updated Miracast and FM hardware for parity with the rest if the line launched at the same time.

And as much as people here complain about Apple releasing the same device over and over again, the BBOS 4.x through 6 devices were the same thing. This is the view that is associated with the majority of the public about BlackBerry right now because of BBOS.

My Z10 with 10.2.1 is an excellent device and much improved over the device I bought. If they had gotten here before the iPhone 5s launch, my kids would probably be using Z10's and not an iPhone 5. You never get a second chance to make a first impression and BlackBerry has given some poor first impressions for a while.

As for the legacy cult here, IMO these are individuals who have been using cheap plans and cheap services with those plans and they refuse to spend the little extra money to get what the industry standard business grade services are because BIS allowed them to make POP and IMAP accounts function on mobile device, or people who were abusing unlimited BIS plans to the tune of GB's of data use per month. They don't see the big picture that BIS adds more expense for BlackBerry in data center costs, power, support, etc., they just want to stay on the cheap.

My hope is that BlackBerry will come out with a new awesome device over the summer, and put in a marketing effort that clearly lays out they are not BBOS devices, shows they can use Android apps, and maybe even make fun of the old devices and perception of BlackBerry in the process. I think they have a chance to compete now, they must out in a substantial effort to make up for the past mistakes.

Posted via CB10
    Oh agreed although unlike most people I am not rolling in money so if something isn't certain I usually don't buy it. Bought my z10 10 months after, playbook over a year after launch.

Point being I don't see why there was a fire sale of playbook based on that.. it's not as if the price was ever going up because of that.

The z10 was incomplete and they already had to scrap the original launch date and a late bad first impression is imo still better than pushing it 4-5 months. It would have taken time...months to catch up to where they are now regardless of if they pushed it.

Thor tho was horrible imo. So much indecision. I hate how there are little difference between z10 and q10 and z30. Poor decision.

Oh Btw this discussion went a different route but what I meant by blackberry whiners are people that buy, then come on here and ask why the apps are low or why "it can't do blah blah like iphones"

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:27 AM
    I think what you people fail to realize is that blackberry 's hands were forced. They even had to move the launch date 2 months back. Rewriting an entire OS in a way to match what 6yrs of competition has is very hard. Now doing that while truing to still incorporate major things from the old OS is even harder. The time constraints made it fairly impossible

Posted via CB10
    They weren't forced. It was choice. They were two separate teams with little collaboration.
    What's done is done and we can debate it all day. The important thing is to get legacy users into bb10 then expand outwards

02-15-14 11:11 AM
    They weren't forced. It was choice. They were two separate teams with little collaboration.
    What's done is done and we can debate it all day. The important thing is to get legacy users into bb10 then expand outwards

My comment had little to do with legacy users. From my end (obviously not blackberry) I could give little of a flip about legacy devices since i used iphones most during the majority of those . My comment had to do with the fact that there were little bits of essential stuff missing that doesn't sound like a lot but once someone's using it is frustrating.

I remember this past December when I got my z10 finally, it had 10.1 and my gracious it was atrocious. Often the system would just be spinning in a circle and I'd have to pull the battery. I almost regretted buying it, then I somehow remembered crack berry and I came on here to ask for advice and that's where I found there was an updated os.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 12:10 PM