BlackBerry is moving to an subscription, software, services, security solutions model.
    Im thinking this is going to look something like the Netflix video streaming platform, asking for a monthly fee and providing the user with an 'eat as much as you like' buffet.

Taking BlackBerry software suites cross platform, is a bold and progressive initiative and one I believe will bare fruit, nurishing the company's core.

Android and ios have a substantial lead in the mobile os arena and it will take the true innovation of 'universal apps/software' to allow new OS players to gain a foothold and eventually surpass the current leaders.

What do you think is a reasonable monthly subscription price for BlackBerry Solution suites for:
    Enterprise
    Consumer

Do you think this would be better as a paid app? on an paid app by app basis?

Share your thoughts

C001C21C1
    03-09-15 06:02 AM
    Funnily enough this was the plan all along, BBM is free but everything else that bolts on has a charge. Video calling on other platforms (android, iphone, windows phone) will be going this route because of the years of delay they have with releasing it. Probably hard to implement such a feature to be honest with a payment plan.

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    03-09-15 06:23 AM
    Moving trucks already showed up for the Consumer based and most things will be broken up.
    We already know that No Adds = $0.99/mnth and / Vanity BBM ID = $1.99/mnth
    Hard to know where they will slate Prosumer services and how they may bundle, but one can suspect it won't be 'cheap' given the shot across the brow for the 2 services stated, and what these so called bundles may contain.
    Enterprise I am not sure this will be BBRY based but may become more of a Carrier or 3rd party interest based service offering (BES12), more like what we get now for some Microsoft services offered by ISP/Hosting houses. IMO
    keypad likes this.
    03-09-15 06:31 AM
    I think the suites thing is a good idea to appeal to the enterprise environment, not so sure about consumer market as most consumers cant get their heads around this stuff and even in these days of Snowden, couldn't care less about security as they think its the Internets responsibility to keep them safe online.

Regarding cost:

Enterprise : No idea

Consumer : $3.99 a month, for all services if they are at all interested.

Posted via CB10
    keypad likes this.
    03-09-15 06:44 AM
    Whatever pays the bills I guess.

I think this is the right direction for the company going forward, things a changing rapidly and hardware in general, is becoming less relevant for many company's.

With projects like google ara/ phonebloks, hardware can be upgradeable, customised and with 3D printers, designed and printed by the consumer.

It my take a while to gain traction but its sure coming to a future near you.

That will mean the software experience is even more critical to the user and getting it right first time, for the software company's, is vital. Prioritising software seems very a prudent decision by BlackBerry.

C001C21C1
    03-09-15 06:59 AM
    This was nice to see this morning on the amazon appstore

C001C21C1
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry the new Netflix for Mobile solutions-img_20150309_120244.jpg   BlackBerry the new Netflix for Mobile solutions-img_20150309_120258.jpg  
    Oglon3r likes this.
    03-09-15 07:05 AM
    I'm not sure you can charge anything to consumers for mobile solutions. Even if you can squeeze $5 per month out of consumers, there are two huge ecosystems, iOS and Android, which are making a ton more from these consumers and can well afford to build these services to their ecosystem for free if there is truly a demand. In iOS, we call it being Sherlocked.
    keypad likes this.
    03-09-15 07:12 AM
    Absolutely love it!

Supporting the people's struggle worldwide via my STA 100-5, Z30.
    keypad likes this.
    03-09-15 07:54 AM