So I know that BBRY didnt have a CMO for a long time, and now it seems they do. Although I have not seen any add campaigns on TV for a long time time, I have been noticing the brand creeping up in other places.

Formula 1 is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of motor racing. Aside from NASCAR in the US, most of the rest of the world watches F1, and they have races in many countries (including large BlackBerry markets- ie India). The US recently built a new circuit for F1 and has signed a deal to host a race for many years to come. F1 is a multi billion dollar industry, and has all the glitz and the glam to go with it.

Mercedes, one of the worlds most recognizable brands, signed Lewis Hamilton for the next 3 years as a driver. This was a massive deal in F1, as Lewis has so much raw speed and talent; this deal was BIG. F1 is about to have their first round of winter testing, and the cars have been launching this week. Check out Mercedes' team kit:

BlackBerry: A new era of marketing-f1-1.jpgBlackBerry: A new era of marketing-f1-2.jpgBlackBerry: A new era of marketing-f1-3.jpgBlackBerry: A new era of marketing-f1-4.jpg

What do you guys all think?

Personally I think its great! Won't be super effective in the US market, but everywhere else... I think it'll have a big impact
    TheGreatGouk and PatricPoulin like this.
    02-04-13 12:37 PM
    Gotta edit the attachments.

I don't know anything about F1 marketing.

But the NFL commercial was absolutely amazing.

IBWT (In Boulben We Trust)
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-04-13 12:43 PM
    BlackBerry is a World Brand, so they will need to market BB10 in a number of different ways to reach their target customers.

Hope they win a lot of races!
    02-04-13 12:52 PM
    This is awesome news. Marketing is off to a great start!

This guy looks like a certain Hip Hop artist. I can't figure out who. I want to say Omarion but not exactly lol.
    02-04-13 12:59 PM
    Regardless if they win or not, Lewis will be interviewed and should be on the podium at least. He's a really popular guy and gets a lot of airtime
    02-04-13 01:12 PM
    Globally, NASCAR has no comparison. F1 is HUGE in a lot of countries around the world. Sponsoring a team with Lewis Hamilton's great too (help with UK marketing). BB must have paid lots of dollars...
    02-04-13 01:13 PM
    the marketing is coming, should start seeing more commercials and such today actually The "keep moving" spots look very good

BlackBerry Keep Moving Projects - Neil Gaiman episode 1 | CrackBerry.com
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    02-04-13 01:17 PM
    This is the best news Ive come across since following BB for years.

F1 is a huge huge worldwide market, with tremendous exposure. They picked a good team with a great driver.

Exciting things ahead. Way to go BlackBerry F1!
    02-04-13 01:19 PM
    This is awesome news. Marketing is off to a great start!

This guy looks like a certain Hip Hop artist. I can't figure out who. I want to say Omarion but not exactly lol.
    Chris Brown

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    mithrazor likes this.
    02-04-13 01:22 PM
    This was incredibly exciting to see! Now, though, I wont know who to cheer for, Redbull or Mercedes??!! lol
    02-04-13 04:17 PM
    yeah that surprised me we on a F! car thats pretty cool.Damn Boulbon goes in hard he aint playing.
    02-04-13 04:49 PM
    This was incredibly exciting to see! Now, though, I wont know who to cheer for, Redbull or Mercedes??!! lol
    haha Im a Mclaren fan, it would have been kinda cool to see Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes with BlackBerry logos all over it
    02-04-13 05:58 PM
    This is more like it!
    02-04-13 06:18 PM
    Globally, NASCAR has no comparison. F1 is HUGE in a lot of countries around the world. Sponsoring a team with Lewis Hamilton's great too (help with UK marketing). BB must have paid lots of dollars...
    agreed, F1 is the worlds premier motoring sport
    This is a huge step.
    sticks with the Keep Moving theme too
    02-04-13 06:21 PM
    I was really really hoping they will sponsor Mclaren eh but good for BlackBerry!!
    02-04-13 08:27 PM