If you were given a million dollars and had a choice between keeping it or giving it to SnapChat so you could have on your BlackBerry, which would you do?
    I love BlackBerry but I'd rather have the million tbh lol

Posted via CB10
    Thud Hardsmack and Joey Vajda like this.
    04-14-15 12:35 PM
    I love BlackBerry but honestly it's died out because you can't make a normal app that runs perfectly. The Instagram sucks, there's no Snapchat, no good pic collage, no Viber, no Tango, even skype sucks, NO EMOJIS!!! I really think you need to take this into consideration because overall the phone is great but Apple is swallowing you. Before apple, BlackBerry was the ****. I'm really disappointed to switching from iphone to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7, Thesmartmale and Joey Vajda like this.
    04-14-15 01:04 PM
    Snapchat is a consumer app
    CharlieV likes this.
    04-14-15 01:12 PM
    I'm 15 and would never switch platform just for an app. I use snap chat but would never switch just did to lack of support for the platform I use

Posted via my Z30 running 10.3.2.281
    BryanVilla likes this.
    04-14-15 01:15 PM
    This thread is reminiscent of the Skype, Netflix, and Instagram threads. BlackBerry needs a lot of apps not just this one. Amazon was supposed to help close that gap officially, but devs are locking BB devices out of there too. We won't ever see native versions until BB10 can attain 10% market share, which is a long shot based on how things are currently trending.
    bp2k7 likes this.
    04-14-15 01:19 PM
    Snapchat is a consumer app
    I really don't get this attitude. In my mind there is little distinction between professional users and consumers. I send 100+ emails per day on my BlackBerry, but during my free time, I use Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, and Snapchat (to keep up with my friends' posts). I'm a professional business user by day, but a consumer by night, and I think it's absurd that BlackBerry and members of these forums expect me to waste my time and money carrying a separate phone for consumer apps.

Now maybe that works for Kim Kardashian or Hillary Clinton who have assistants to follow them around all day carrying their iPhone, but for most of us in the real world, carrying a second phone is not financially viable or at the very least, a royal pain in the a$$.
    blackhawksfan75 and NG888 like this.
    04-14-15 01:22 PM
    BlackBerry NEEDS apps.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-14-15 01:31 PM
    Pathetic people who come here and say " who needs snapchat" "who needs instagram" "who needs emojis"

Posted via CB10
    No more pathetic than the ones whining about emojis etc. Those are frills, not essentials.

Posted via CB10
    VictorRight likes this.
    04-14-15 01:31 PM
    If you were given a million dollars and had a choice between keeping it or giving it to SnapChat so you could have on your BlackBerry, which would you do?
    A million free and clear? I'd be keeping that.
    04-14-15 01:33 PM
    If theres a app that Blackberry doesn't need, it's the extremely useless Snapchat. Blackberry is not for hipsters
    04-14-15 01:39 PM
    I'm an 18 year old, and Snapchat DOMINATES online social interaction. I've been trying to sideboard the Android app, but it doesn't work. Not having Snapchat means that you miss out on a lot of social dialogue. Its a BIG DEAL. I'm a huge BB fan but I'm considering switching to Android if I can't remedy the Snapchat situation.
    bp2k7, mnc76, mithrazor and 2 others like this.
    04-14-15 01:53 PM
    It's amazing how many attitudes here remind one of GM in the 70s and 80s. Or IBM when Windows first came along.

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7 likes this.
    04-14-15 02:21 PM
    Losing Snapchat for the past 3 weeks on my BlackBerry has actually killed me. So much so that im on the market for a iphone to use as a secondary phone. Can't cope anymore.

Posted via CB10 on Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.2243
    04-14-15 02:31 PM
    My daughter is 21 years old and uses Snapchat all the time. The interactions consist of making funny faces or videos or whatever and then laughing at the funny faces back. To my eye, it is the modern equivalent of making funny faces at a chimpanzee at the zoo and hoping that they return the favor. The result is that I have had to double my data plan, which was already huge. I personally think the world would be better without Snapchat.

However, I realize that I am not the target demographic for Snapchat. Also, for anyone who is concerned about the long-term viability of blackberry, it does strike me as important for blackberry devices are able to use the fad services that provide endless fund for younger people with their phones.

Even having taken that into consideration, though, I am not sure that those people would buy blackberry devices in large numbers. I think blackberry is smart to focus its development efforts and resources to business users (as was originally the case that brought blackberry into prominence). And, in any case, Snapchat would be the developer of that application, not blackberry.

Is it not possible to sideload it as an android application? Oh, here... http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1007106
    Last edited by CharlieV; 04-14-15 at 03:08 PM.
    04-14-15 02:38 PM
    I really don't get this attitude. In my mind there is little distinction between professional users and consumers. I send 100+ emails per day on my BlackBerry, but during my free time, I use Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Netflix, and Snapchat (to keep up with my friends' posts). I'm a professional business user by day, but a consumer by night, and I think it's absurd that BlackBerry and members of these forums expect me to waste my time and money carrying a separate phone for consumer apps.

Now maybe that works for Kim Kardashian or Hillary Clinton who have assistants to follow them around all day carrying their iPhone, but for most of us in the real world, carrying a second phone is not financially viable or at the very least, a royal pain in the a$$.
    I agree with this wholeheartedly and the main reason why BlackBerry is in the position they are in right now. I hope that changes, but as of right now Mr. Chen is entrenched in this 'enterprise only' attitude, which in his mind means these phones are for users who do nothing but work, work, work, and aren't allowed to have any down time.

To Mr. Heins credit he did try and make BlackBerry appeal to the general masses by hosting BlackBerry Jams and a full touch Z10 phone. I believe big time developers were taking notice, but quickly fizzled after the disastrous launch in the US and no mass marketing campaign.

What pushed my decision to came back to the Classic is because of Cobalts' amazing job of having the Google Play store available on a BlackBerry.

I can always fall back to the HTC One if need be.
    MikeX74 and bp2k7 like this.
    04-14-15 02:41 PM
    I love BlackBerry but honestly it's died out because you can't make a normal app that runs perfectly. The Instagram sucks, there's no Snapchat, no good pic collage, no Viber, no Tango, even skype sucks, NO EMOJIS!!! I really think you need to take this into consideration because overall the phone is great but Apple is swallowing you. Before apple, BlackBerry was the ****. I'm really disappointed to switching from iphone to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    What's wrong with the Instagram Android app? Works perfectly on my Z30. I use it all the time, upload videos, IG direct etc... Loads very fast now in 10.3.1 as well.

As for the rest, yes... it's well known by everyone that BlackBerry's app gap has always been it's biggest blocker to wider adoption versus Apple/Android.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    04-14-15 02:41 PM
    Snapchat?!? Really? If you leave ur current phone for another, just for a social media app, I think your priorities in life are generally out of place! I think people tend to forget they can still send mms messages to a group. There are dozens of work-arounds for most apps until the developers create the app on BB world!

I think ppl that switch for an app were just looking for a reason to switch..just switch already, we don't wanna hear your complaining! What are you going to do when you switch, then 6 months down the line, the app is available on BB?? Then your out however much u paid for ur new crap phone!

My advise to ppl that are missing their fav app..just find a temporary work-around or just be patient. The developers have no choice but to eventually cave-in to our demands..who doesn't like money??

Posted on my New BlackBerry Classic
    mithrazor likes this.
    04-14-15 02:57 PM
    I'm an 18 year old, and Snapchat DOMINATES online social interaction. I've been trying to sideboard the Android app, but it doesn't work. Not having Snapchat means that you miss out on a lot of social dialogue. Its a BIG DEAL. I'm a huge BB fan but I'm considering switching to Android if I can't remedy the Snapchat situation.
    This exactly.

It's a form of communicating in the modern world. We don't use facebook anymore (I'm 23). We use Snapchat where we can post things that are deleted after a set time (supposedly).

For those saying BlackBerry doesn't need SnapChat, were probably the same ones saying we don't need apps, we don't need this, that or the third.

You're the reason BlackBerry is in the dumps. They failed to catch up, so they never caught up.

This mentality has slowly killed BlackBerry and I can see is continuing to do so.

I love BlackBerry, but they definitely need some major apps such as Snapchat and Netflix. Luckily I have my Galaxy S5, idk what I would have done with out it.

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7, amjass12, hasa77 and 1 others like this.
    04-14-15 02:58 PM
    Snapchat?!? Really? If you leave ur current phone for another, just for a social media app, I think your priorities in life are generally out of place!
    Harsh.

Posted via CB10 on Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.2243
    04-14-15 03:23 PM
    This exactly.

It's a form of communicating in the modern world. We don't use facebook anymore (I'm 23). We use Snapchat where we can post things that are deleted after a set time (supposedly).

For those saying BlackBerry doesn't need SnapChat, were probably the same ones saying we don't need apps, we don't need this, that or the third.

You're the reason BlackBerry is in the dumps. They failed to catch up, so they never caught up.

This mentality has slowly killed BlackBerry and I can see is continuing to do so.

I love BlackBerry, but they definitely need some major apps such as Snapchat and Netflix. Luckily I have my Galaxy S5, idk what I would have done with out it.

Posted via CB10
    Like another user stated, BB has nothing to do w/ Snapchat not being on BB. It's the developers decision to put it on BBWorld. And for the record, I DO have Netflix on my Classic and it works flawlessly. I think the basic consensus is that all non-blackberry users automatically know what us BBusers can and can't do, even though they have no clue. Things have changed and we have access to more than you think!
    BlackBerry NEEDS Snapchat-img_20150414_152414.png
    BlackBerry NEEDS Snapchat-img_20150414_153437.png

Attachment 347492
    Last edited by jmo712; 04-14-15 at 06:11 PM.
    Joey Vajda likes this.
    04-14-15 03:35 PM
    I am a heavy Snapchat user. Both my sister, my father (late 50's) and my mother (late 40's) use Snapchat as entertainment and love it. No one can say that Snapchat is just used by the teenaged crowd. It's a huge app now.

Although the apk is alright, it only creates a bandaid rather than a solution or a fix for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 03:41 PM
    Always one of these butthurt comments on these sorts of threads

Posted via CB10
    that quote is somewhat right, if BB can't appeal to the consumer who uses apps which are popular
    on almost every other OS they should consider leaving. I had issues on my Passport with social media platforms as well as not being able to download my bank app, that was enough for me to leave the BB Experiment and go back to Apple.
    Last edited by nicky_willz; 04-14-15 at 07:55 PM.
    04-14-15 06:01 PM
    that quote is somewhat right, if BB can't appeal to the consumer who uses apps which are popular
    on almost every other OS they should consider leaving. I had issues on my Passport with social media platforms as
    well as not being able to download my bank app, that was enough for me to leave the BB Experiment and go back to Apple.
    I had the same issue and just started using my bank's mobile site, which has never gave me any problems..of coarse I would like the app, but I think the apps are a little less secure then actually using the banks secure site

04-14-15 06:14 PM
    Are naked selfies really a blackberry user obsession?
    04-14-15 06:47 PM
    I had the same issue and just started using my bank's mobile site, which has never gave me any problems..of coarse I would like the app, but I think the apps are a little less secure then actually using the banks secure site

The apps would be less secure if they were downloaded/sideloaded from an untrusted source.

Posted from a D618
    04-14-15 06:48 PM
616 12345 ...