It was the same chaos with Instagram when BB10 first rolled out

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    I remember wishing I had IG back in the day. Now we have it. I don't use Snapchat but it's too bad they're such d-bags to not make a BlackBerry app or allow 3rd party Snapchat apps. Really a **** move on their part.

Posted via CB10
    sfor13thlegion likes this.
    04-13-15 10:52 PM
    I've said this before.. but I don't see why I'd need snapchat if I can use bbm timed pictures (without paying a fee).. IMO timed messages and retraction are features that [if free + if people know about it..+ 240-480p resolution video recording to send short vids + the option to be found using your phone number] would give bbm the push it needed to continue the snowball effect.

Any and every snapchat user that I told about bbm, started using bbm alongside snapchat. Why? I can't use snapchat, but we need to do our timed messages. LoL. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Bbm works on more devices than snapchat.. even the perception that nobody uses bbm is used by users of bbm.. you could call it privacy via obscurity.
    "Can't snapchat right now, bbm me "

Without free timed pics.. I'll need snap chat, and for that.. I'll need a non BlackBerry device..
    In other words, why would a non BlackBerry user use bbm? You gain absolutely no features.. unless ads are a feature.
    Everybody is already making use of Tumblr, instagram, whatsapp, snapchat, fb messenger, twitter..
    using bbm does what for you? Whatsapp?

With free timed messages, you got snapchat + whatsapp + fb messenger + channels - a twitterish, censored tumblr/more private ig (friends don't know who you follow or what you like) all in one.
    Without free timed messages, you get whatsapp, fb messenger and channels.
    Snapchat + whatsapp is what sold people on other platforms to continue to use bbm.. or to come back . Privacy, not security.

For those who don't believe me, LOL, I wish I could share my eyes

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281
    04-13-15 10:58 PM
    I wish people would get off the nude photos train that people who don't use Snapchat think it's all about.

It's a social platform, you see what your friends are up to, the stories show places you're at. It's a snapshot of what's up in everyone's lives at that moment.

Yeah. BlackBerry needs it. My mom uses it lol.

Also I'm not going to get into another argument with the guy who thinks BBM could replace Snapchat but it is ludicrous to think that.

Anyways, Snapchat I believe is very important to have as it is a social media platform and a major one at that. I really just can't stand the notion that most people think it's for nudes and nudes only lol. It's much more than that!

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7, mnc76, Coachbulldog and 5 others like this.
    04-13-15 11:28 PM
    It was the same chaos with Instagram when BB10 first rolled out

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    The differences is there are several work arounds for instagram but none for snapchat

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7 likes this.
    04-13-15 11:35 PM
    I need Snapchat so bad!

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 11:47 PM
    What the heck is Snapcha?, I'm retired and have to spend half my day on Facebook to keep up with all the posts. Why would I need another app on my phone?
    miker476 likes this.
    04-14-15 12:06 AM
    What the heck is Snapcha?, I'm retired and have to spend half my day on Facebook to keep up with all the posts. Why would I need another app on my phone?
    Thanks for the post, old timer. But most old folks love BlackBerry

Snapchat is a must have app for staying social.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 12:25 AM
    On topic but a bit out random.

Has anyone successfully patched Snapchat sot t it works since the latest update?

Haven't found an earlier build either which works, since the most recent update, when they brought the attributes (back)? to contacts.

Someone needs to make a petition to Snapchat to port it over to BlackBerry World.

Shredding the  BlackBerry Passport
    04-14-15 01:10 AM
    I don't care about Snap chat.
    Snap chat is for se*ting, eww
    I prefer BBM, insta, twitter and fb over that.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 04:32 AM
    Typical forum response. Customer says I need xyz feature to continue using BlackBerry. Crackberry responds with go buy a android. Well millions and millions already have which is why we can't get the apps other platforms have.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 04:43 AM
    You have to adjust to the market. The market rarely adjusts for you.

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7 likes this.
    04-14-15 07:48 AM
    Snapchat is not all about sending nudes, I have a 18 year old son in the military and he is stationed in Hawaii
    And for some reason most of the pictures he sends us is through snapchat

Posted via CB10
    bp2k7 and neoberry99 like this.
    04-14-15 08:30 AM
    meh this is such a non issue with the google one working, no issues with google version as long as its downloaded with cobalts google play app.
    04-14-15 08:40 AM
    Seriously, how hard would it be for Snapchat to port their Android app and release a BlackBerry version. How about we start spamming Snapchat's email account demanding an official app.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 08:47 AM
    I have my old android phone that I use and I send snapchat messages a couple times a week asking when they are going to make an app for BlackBerry, don't know if it is doing any good.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 09:00 AM
    I'm 20 and I think snapchat is the dumbest thing on Earth. But thats just me
    Anthony_2u and MarsupilamiX like this.
    04-14-15 09:19 AM
    On topic but a bit out random.

Has anyone successfully patched Snapchat sot t it works since the latest update?

Haven't found an earlier build either which works, since the most recent update, when they brought the attributes (back)? to contacts.

Someone needs to make a petition to Snapchat to port it over to BlackBerry World.

Shredding the  BlackBerry Passport
    It won't give any errors it just won't login.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 09:52 AM
    Lol whatever happened to just sending multimedia message? You know, just attach a photo and write something. You only want the person to see it for 7 seconds? Well all it takes is a screenshot...

I really dont understand the concept of wasting ur battery and using different apps just to accomplish simple tasks. It can all be done on facebook. But nope, they have to separate instagram, snapchat and other useless apps.

Posted via CB10
    HabsFan9860 likes this.
    04-14-15 09:57 AM
    Need More Apps like Google Maps than snapchat!!
    04-14-15 10:37 AM
    I agree it's a repetitive app, but none the less it's a popular one and certainly would not hurt blackberry to have it available.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 10:43 AM
    I can't log into Android version since update. Quite a bummer, got used to it, and it worked pretty well (except for video sometimes). But there is no way I am buying another phone because of it..
    officialtom likes this.
    04-14-15 11:09 AM
    Pathetic people who come here and say " who needs snapchat" "who needs instagram" "who needs emojis"

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 11:10 AM
    If you were given a million dollars and had a choice between keeping it or giving it to SnapChat so you could have on your BlackBerry, which would you do?
    04-14-15 11:42 AM
    Is anyone who's commented so far under 25?

Posted via CB10
    I'm 23 but haven't commented yet. But I wouldn't leave blackberry for a stupid app Kmt I'm too loyal with this OS everything runs smoothly best touch screen keyboard why switch makes no sense apps are like toys at time snapchat is the lease mostly females use it anyway to send nudes etc I gots. No time what I need is Snupps app now that's better organized my stuff.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 12:03 PM
    I don't use Snapchat, but it's clear many people do, and if we ever want BB to grow (and not continue to shrink), it NEEDS to have apps like Snapchat or it just becomes one of many reasons BB10 will be overlooked for the strengths it has.

I noticed Snapchat isn't available in Amazon Appstore either. So it seems the best way to go might be if they can make a version that works in the Amazon Appstore that could also be for use on BlackBerry 10 devices (and any other non-Google Play Android devices out there, like OnePlus One). It'd be minimal effort and give them more exposure (even if only a little). If they are concerned with developers abusing the API and making the service insecure, perhaps they could at least allow specific developers access that are vetted and have signed agreements. That way the smaller platforms can have the apps without making things insecure.
    officialtom likes this.
    04-14-15 12:32 PM
616 1234 ...