I believe the long time BlackBerry PR gal was kindly shown the door. Or she voluntarily left to pursue new avenues, which all of us with corporate world experience, know what that meant. I realize Chen has done his best to tout security and has backed that up with smart acquisitions. In an ever insecure time I think he could have made a better effort in regards to handsets. People know the likes of Google and everyone else are profiling and profiting off of people's personal information. A Classic and higher quality Leap both with Passport internals would have been a much better strategy. More costly yes but any of us in business know you have to spend some money to make money. I know exactly what my marketing strategy would be against Android. Oh well we will see what the Priv offers and how the market responds. I'll just continue digging my arsenal of BlackBerry 10 devices for a few more years.

Z30 wickedness
    11-05-15 05:53 PM
    Well, someone sure hates sliders. Did you get food poisoning at White Castle or something?
    I don't eat from garbage cans.
    11-05-15 11:40 PM
    Weren't there some threads on CB some months ago on the same lines, but regarding the Android Priv rumors: "BB must deny that they are working on an Android phone"?
    11-06-15 09:06 AM
    It was clear from Chen's interview with Bloomberg that marketing had told him to stop saying that.... He went so far as to indicate that Hardware was safe... didn't explain what that was based on.
    paul360 and JeepBB like this.
    11-06-15 10:15 AM
    It was clear from Chen's interview with Bloomberg that marketing had told him to stop saying that.... He went so far as to indicate that Hardware was safe... didn't explain what that was based on.
    The damage has been done already. Most media is reporting that this is the last hope for hardware and after this, they are exiting the hardware market. People are not going to buy a phone they think will be the last one from a company. Chen had to tell people that they will continue to make hardware and they are trying to figure out the best way to do that, but that end to end security is important and that starts with hardware and will always be that way with BlackBerry. Enterprise wants assurances that the products they buy will be continued to be made before they invest in them.
    JeepBB and anon(9188202) like this.
    11-06-15 10:41 AM
    With all the excitement about the Priv release on the Internet, there is a very concerning trend that nearly half of the articles are leading with "this may be BlackBerry's last phone"

This is a major problem, reminiscent of the days when TH put the company up for sale. BlackBerry really needs to get out in front of this and say something, even along the lines of, "we look forward to continuing to innovate in the device space" it's ambiguous enough that if this is the last phone ever made, they could not be called liars by releasing the BlackBerry productivity suite or something.

The sales potential of the Priv is suffering because of this looming threat that it will be the last device from BlackBerry, this could make the difference between it being successful or failing.

Please BlackBerry get in front of this so the Priv can enjoy the level of success it deserves!

BB for Life
    Forget them, they always have to have something to say.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:16 AM
    Chen has also said that he won't sugar coat anything. I respect him for standing his ground although you make a great point.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 11:19 AM
    Forget them, they always have to have something to say.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah... sadly they are usually right.
    11-06-15 11:20 AM
    The damage has been done already. Most media is reporting that this is the last hope for hardware and after this, they are exiting the hardware market.
    ...I haven't seen anyone say this is OFFICIALLY the last device, but "if this doesn't succeed, they will exit..." which is bad enough.

People are not going to buy a phone they think will be the last one from a company.
    ...which is why BlackBerry management is insisting that BB10 is not dead... but it's not so cut and dried: some will buy the device on its merits, even if they think this is BlackBerry's "last gasp". To reduce the customer concern, I was suggesting that BlackBerry issue a "Yes, we will be putting Android 6 Marshmallow on the device, and we will ALSO promise to port Android 7 Nougat", which would give customers confidence that they'd be able to get two or three good years out of the device. I still think they should do that, if they encounter these types of objections with large enterprise customers.

Chen had to tell people that they will continue to make hardware and they are trying to figure out the best way to do that, but that end to end security is important and that starts with hardware and will always be that way with BlackBerry. Enterprise wants assurances that the products they buy will be continued to be made before they invest in them.
    I think enterprise actually cares less about that than consumers: enterprise customers want to be sure they'll get their tax-benefits from 3 years of use before they write them off, but if they're already going android, in 3 years, there will be other equally-secure devices: either from BlackBerry or from whomever buys BlackBerry's hardware security patents with their empty bottle refund money.
    11-06-15 11:23 AM
    PR is not going to help. The usual suspects are doing what they always do and the hatchet job articles are trickling in. Pretty sad that this kind of "tech journalism" is still around and only getting more blatant.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 12:18 PM
    Thankfully JC did finally come out and say there is still a future in BlackBerry hardware, see other threads for links to video and see also Vienna.

My question now is, was this said after the Priv launch because they needed the PR boost as I suggested, or did they come out and commit to future hardware because the Priv is already proving successful (based on whatever their targets were)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 03:59 PM
    A USA nationwide commercial would be great (Kelis's buttons) circa 93 throw a zinger in, maybe a, NFL thanksgiving commercial by at&t, w/ footage of a hail Mary high school Friday nite game w/ an apple pie on the table that doesn't hav buttons n no1 wants to partake PR is right, Mr.Chen plz give us a commercial.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-15 12:47 AM
    Chen said there'll be more devices. Hope for the all-touch aficionado crowd they'll get their purist slab... :-)

�   AC/CB - back in black or highway to mobile h*ll? ;-P   �
    11-14-15 08:59 PM
    Don't think that any BlackBerry loyalist doubts the future of BlackBerry the way they're droppin $ on other investments. A commercial of sum sort that's witty involving music is needed n deserved. Pr shouldn't be left 2 the kardashians. I think since the Play store included itunz and rumors of white candybars ditching an audio jack so they're customers will b forced to buy an unnecessary accesory says a lot bout PRIV's influence-a retro song we all once loved n cast 2 the side will do the trick! I mean the meshing of green bots w/ a shield has caused waves and nothing more than music hits the masses! a U.S. advertisement or worldwide one is needed-an ad campaign better than att's nothingness @ least!

~sweetsweetPRIV
    12-25-15 08:12 PM
    12-26-15 07:48 AM
    Anyone recall BlackBerry's commitment to the PlayBook ???? Words mean nothing. JC, TH, anyone at the top of the food chain will make a decision based on the business model, its future , potential for profit/loss. Especially now with the company's future at stake. That's it. BB10 has a cloudy future at best. Much as I love it, I'm thinking the best hope for diehards is more BB10 feature integration into Android. The opposite of what we have had up till now with Android integration into BB10 with the likes of runtime. I'd be 'ok' with that. Better than not having anything.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 11:54 AM
    BlackBerry has more devices coming and the road map will be announced at CES

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 12:03 PM
    Anyone recall BlackBerry's commitment to the PlayBook ???? Words mean nothing. JC, TH, anyone at the top of the food chain will make a decision based on the business model, its future , potential for profit/loss. Especially now with the company's future at stake. That's it. BB10 has a cloudy future at best. Much as I love it, I'm thinking the best hope for diehards is more BB10 feature integration into Android. The opposite of what we have had up till now with Android integration into BB10 with the likes of runtime. I'd be 'ok' with that. Better than not having anything.

Posted via CB10
    That era is gone. BlackBerry is out of the worst. Onwards and upwards! :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    12-26-15 08:03 PM
43 12