woow cant wait to test this out, i hope they planning to roll out to other countries outside the UK soon
    01-04-13 04:54 AM
    here is the list of options available...

Attachment 130258
    Thx. My dad will like the truck feature as he's a trucker.
    01-04-13 05:17 AM
    Someone posted this tip in the comments on the blog post so I thought I'd share; if you're not in the UK just change your address to somewhere that is in your Beta Zone profile and log in on your Berry. I'm in Australia and I have the app running fine.
    So it has all the map data ect for Australia?
    hmm I would have thought that an App for just UK users would only have UK maps. Can someone check it for Canadian maps?
    01-04-13 05:19 AM
    Morning

All worked fine this morning on my way to work.

Only 2 issues -

1. I don't find the operation particularly user friendly, but I'm sure that will come with time/use.

2. When I choose "Default Audio Device" I get no audio through my Bluetooth handsfree which works fine with phone calls & Bluetooth audio streaming, so I have to select "phone speaker" which is not really loud enough with background noise - any suggestions?

Regards

Neil

Sent from my BlackBerry� Bold 9900 using Tapatalk
    I was a Beta Tester for BlackBerry Traffic The first BB Traffic app had the same issue, they fixed it in subsequent releases. May I suggest that you go to the beta zone & report the issue. Indicate what make/model your Bluetooth Handsfree is, your phone, your OS, & which Navigator vs your using. That way they can look into the issue & fix it
    01-04-13 05:22 AM
    hmm I would have thought that an App for just UK users would only have UK maps. Can someone check it for Canadian maps?
    When I first loaded it up it showed a downloading resources notification, then it found my location in the middle of Melbourne and I plugged in a few locations to test it. Found the addresses I entered, I have yet to actually test it as a navigation device but it displays local maps fine.
    01-04-13 05:58 AM
    Just been having a little play with it - it looks rather good. I've been a Beta tester for the Telmaps sat nav app but first impressions here are pretty favourable. I'll report back when I've used it properly.
    01-04-13 06:04 AM
    yeah to testers just leave the feedbaack so RIM can fix it before launch.
    01-04-13 06:25 AM
    Remember this is UK ONLY at the moment. Think it's very much like BlackBerry Traffic for you folks in US? I had to downgrade my OS to get past the Keycode Paste Bug. This is literally the Goviko App repacked by the looks of things.

Attachment 130216Attachment 130217Attachment 130218Attachment 130219Attachment 130220Attachment 130221Attachment 130222Attachment 130223Attachment 130224Attachment 130225Attachment 130226
    Nice. Looking forward to it being available for the rest of us.
    01-04-13 07:31 AM
    But it works like a champ and very reliable. I love BB Traffic.

Hopefully the new Navigator add the beautiful UI but improve upon (*or at least use the same*) the algorithm engine for directions of Traffic.
    One of my "favorite" apps.
    01-04-13 07:33 AM
    So this is essentially the same combination most carriers are now using. This is VZnav on Verizon and AT&T nav. It will be very familiar. The UI and maps are good, not great -- but certainly a mlion times better than what's currently supplied by RIM. Garmin and Telenav have a superior UI and navigation view in my opinion, but both obviously lost their bid to develop the native nav app, and I think why both appear to have pulled support for BB. VZnav is $2 a month if you want to see exactly what you're getting.
    01-04-13 07:43 AM
    As soon as I downgrade from .746 to .714 I will let you know how it works in Canada.
    01-04-13 07:59 AM
    just installed it for S.A and it works just well
    01-04-13 08:33 AM
    i downgraded last night. It works on .714, canada
    01-04-13 09:02 AM
    Here's a problem I encountered: When going into contacts, it doesn't list any of my contacts.. Kinda shabby.

However, if you find a store or shop in navigator and add it to you contacts, its shows in navigator and regular OS contacts...
    01-04-13 09:04 AM
    I don't appear to have any problems with my contacts.

I used it today and I was quite impressed with the experience... although I have to agree that the sound is way too low.

here are a few more screenshots.....

BlackBerry. Navigator-uploadfromtaptalk1357314850638.jpg
    BlackBerry. Navigator-uploadfromtaptalk1357314863555.jpg
    BlackBerry. Navigator-uploadfromtaptalk1357314876464.jpg
    01-04-13 09:55 AM
    Found it really simple to use this morning. Clear and concise directions. - No issues as reported by other users.

• No GPS Issues for me
    • Loaded Contacts
    01-04-13 09:57 AM
    Wow BB is gonna come up with their own Map app? Do they even have enough resources to do so??? Why not just stick with Google maps?
    Google Maps for BB hasn't been updated in years (v4.5.3 released 2009?), so I'm guessing Google currently has no plans to update the app for OS6/7. There's also multiple threads out there on how hard it is to find the app, and the hoops you gotta jump through to install. Maybe that'll change w/ BB10.....maybe not.

The original BB Maps that came w/ my Torch 9800 (OS6) sucked....and that's when they even worked. AT&T Navigator is a POS that costs $9.99 a month. All I need is a basic map app....like Google Maps. All these extra bells & whistles are nice, but will BB Navigator show me a basic map, my location, and traffic? I use that every day.
    xiaohuaxing likes this.
    01-04-13 11:12 AM
    Well as Im unable to paste key code I thought I would give Goviko a try! Couldnt locate GPS signal, UI no where near as polished as M8. So I deleted it and will stick with M8, which has speed camera alerts too
    01-04-13 11:50 AM
    No 9850 downloads. Poopey!
    01-04-13 01:27 PM
    Google Maps for BB hasn't been updated in years (v4.5.3 released 2009?), so I'm guessing Google currently has no plans to update the app for OS6/7. There's also multiple threads out there on how hard it is to find the app, and the hoops you gotta jump through to install. Maybe that'll change w/ BB10.....maybe not.

The original BB Maps that came w/ my Torch 9800 (OS6) sucked....and that's when they even worked. AT&T Navigator is a POS that costs $9.99 a month. All I need is a basic map app....like Google Maps. All these extra bells & whistles are nice, but will BB Navigator show me a basic map, my location, and traffic? I use that every day.
    Quick answer, stop by this thread...http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...solved-758680/

Old or not, it's still Google maps and it works.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    01-04-13 01:30 PM
    I currently use Wisepilot and am pretty impressed with it. Does anyone know yet how Navigator compares with it?
    01-04-13 03:55 PM
    OK for those saying that they changed their account profile to UK & were then able to DL it.
    How did you do this? I tried & it still says I’m not eligible
    01-04-13 10:32 PM
    Quick answer, stop by this thread...http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...solved-758680/

Old or not, it's still Google maps and it works.
    No voice navigation
    01-04-13 10:56 PM
    No voice navigation
    That may be your needs, but that was not a necessary requirement of the poster that BlackLatino responded to.
    All I need is a basic map app....like Google Maps.
    01-04-13 11:07 PM
    That may be your needs, but that was not a necessary requirement of the poster that BlackLatino responded to.
    True but for BB10 to be competitive in the market they will need it - Apple knew that as well and that's why they tried to make their own maps after Google refused to provide it. And judging from how Google doesn't really let you download their app anymore for BB and it hasn't been updated in years, I'd say it's not going to happen.

It's pretty ridiculous that right now I have to have two apps open to get both map view and voice navigation
    01-04-13 11:11 PM
136 ... 23456