Just got the two I ordered. I am going to hook them up to the TV, because I haven't got a stereo in the house.

I wanted to post a couple photos showing how tiny it is. I hope the pics do it justice.
    06-08-12 06:57 PM
    Just got the two I ordered. I am going to hook them up to the TV, because I haven't got a stereo in the house.

I wanted to post a couple photos showing how tiny it is. I hope the pics do it justice.
    Does it have to remain plugged into an electricity source to be used?
    06-08-12 07:05 PM
    I believe it does.
    06-08-12 07:24 PM
    I have wanted one for my car for Pandora and BB Traffic. That would be the killer application for it. Now I just need to update my head unit to have a headphone jack...
    06-08-12 09:01 PM
    I believe it does.
    *sigh* only drawback, IMHO. I own the original, and loved it. If they could somehow make it rechargeable, it would be so versatile.
    06-08-12 09:54 PM
    I suppose you could pick up a USB charger pack. They are quite cheap, then you would have the best of both worlds and could use it on your phone if you wished as well?

The NFC feature is nice too. As soon as I plugged it in, the LED was flashing and I just touched it with my phone. paired!. cool.
    06-08-12 10:15 PM
    Yeah, since it's powered off USB it's fairly flexible in terms of how you can run it.

I've gotta say, this looks like a cool little unit. Interesting.
    06-08-12 10:27 PM
    I have the original, looks about the same size, but a lil more square. That dose work, I have a cheap wireless charger, and I sometimes plug it into my gateway when I hook it to a portable amplified speaker, then it will stay on for at least 3 days before the batt dies, so it can't be using much power.

Sent from my 9810 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 10:28 PM
    Yeah, since it's powered off USB it's fairly flexible in terms of how you can run it.

I've gotta say, this looks like a cool little unit. Interesting.
    My concern with regards to the original were the extra wires. Nitpicking, really (though it irked me that it was inconvenient to use in car with ancient sound system).

Still, I would recommend it to anyone.
    06-08-12 11:53 PM
    My concern with regards to the original were the extra wires. Nitpicking, really (though it irked me that it was inconvenient to use in car with ancient sound system).

Honestly, extra wires, the new and old gateway hook up the same way, audio out jack and power cord, the diffrences between to two, new one has NFC for easy pair, and has micro usb for power. Old has mini usb for power. Other than that and genral looks they are the same.

Sent from my 9810 using Tapatalk
    06-09-12 01:27 AM
    I really want one for my bose soundock.

For all the people wanting to put it in the car. Just do what I do. Get the blackberry visor mount and run the audio through the car speakers via the fm transmitter.
    06-09-12 03:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD