Hey guys,

I'd like to get myself a blackberry music gateway or some other type of wireless audio adapter and I would like opinions. I'm all in for supporting blackberry but I would like to know how their solution compares to other adapters (e.g. logitech wireless speaker adapter). Should I get the blackberry one or do you recommend something else? I would use it with a logitech z906 speaker set.

Thanks
    04-22-14 07:58 AM
    If I recall the Logitech would not allow me to control the volume using the device (z10 or playbook but it has been a while so I really don't recall the "glitch")

The BB Gateway is connected to my Living Room receiver system and works really well. I have it paired with the Z10 and Playbook.

I did purchase it on Crackberry which has a sale at this time - I don't know if they have it in stock.
    04-22-14 08:59 AM
    I love my BlackBerry Music Gateway. I haven't used any other type of wireless audio devices so I can't comment on that. I have one paired to my home audio system that I have my playbook, Z10 paired too. Also my brother has paired his iPhone to it and it works fine. I also have one installed in my 2006 acura TSX that allows me to connect all my music on my Z10 to my car. It works so well that I rarely use my sirus satellite radio anymore. The best part is that my Z10 pairs up to both my cars blue tooth so I can make/receive calls and pairs to the BlackBerry music gateway at the same time. I just hard press the up/down volume buttons on my phone to change between songs.

For all you snowboarders -> C0034CABD
    04-22-14 09:22 AM
    I've been using the BB Music Gateway for almost 2 years, permanently hooked up to my home stereo, paired with my Z10 and my PB. We use it to sit on the deck out back and control the tunes. Just remember the limitations with Bluetooth range - it's something like 30-feet, line of sight. I believe this is a limitation with all bluetooth devices, not just the BB Music gateway. Regardless, mine works awesome
    04-22-14 09:36 AM
    thank you all, just ordered mine from a local store, we'll see how it turns out
    04-22-14 09:48 AM
    How does the music gateway benefit someone more than the mini bluetooth speaker? I have one hooked up in my car all the time. It's plugged into a car lighter adapter and hooked up to the car through aux. I can pair all my devices and my friends can pair their androids and apples np. I can also take calls in the car using it. The best part was the cheap price. I picked it up at the source for around $30+tax.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 09:51 AM
    How does the music gateway benefit someone more than the mini bluetooth speaker? I have one hooked up in my car all the time. It's plugged into a car lighter adapter and hooked up to the car through aux. I can pair all my devices and my friends can pair their androids and apples np. I can also take calls in the car using it. The best part was the cheap price. I picked it up at the source for around $30+tax.

Posted via CB10
    i for one want to hook it up to my 5.1 speaker set, ill be able to stream music from my laptop, phone, etc. and when im front of my workstation pc ill just switch the input source of the speaker set to my workstation pc
    04-22-14 10:38 AM
    I have a Sony SBH200 I believe it is.
    No problems so far connects easily to bb10, HTC ONE and playbook.

Range is decent if charged, when battery runs low it gets choppy.

Prefer this over my brothers Sonos I borrowed since I can play any media source I wish.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-14 10:50 AM
    the package just arrived, it works like a charm, superb bluetooth range too, i can go anywhere in the house and its still connected, didnt think it was so small, its so cute :P

edit: i have to say blackberry accessories are top notch and they are not even blackberry specific, they really should be marketed a lot more and the phones as well ofc
    04-24-14 11:17 AM