The reason why I made this post is because I own a Z10 and have done for nearly two years. I want to own a new BlackBerry. Should I buy a Z30 or should I get a passport as it's now their flagship phone or should I wait and see what the future holds. As I would really like a full touch phone.........

Posted via my Z10 music monster!
    09-28-14 02:33 AM
    The reason why I made this post is because I own a Z10 and have done for nearly two years. I want to own a new BlackBerry. Should I buy a Z30 or should I get a passport as it's now their flagship phone or should I wait and see what the future holds. As I would really like a full touch phone.........

Getting a Z30 wouldn't be a bad choice. Price should be dropping a bit too since passport is out.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    09-28-14 02:38 AM
    What does that have to do with anything? This is and never has been a valid argument as far I'm concerned. Not everyone in business wants keyboard phones. Give it a rest people. Yes they have their place, and yes BlackBerry is known for being the best keyboard devices. Who cares? They need to cover the all their bases and that includes all touch devices. The sheer # of slabs being sold year over year proves BlackBerry cannot abandon this area. It is extremely popular and should be quite lucrative when done right. BlackBerry knows this and I can't see them producing qwerty only phones. All this talk about how BlackBerry "is keyboards" is the kind of thing that would get BlackBerry into the same trouble all over again.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed.

I might give you a number to support your argument:
    At best, 0.5% of phones sold this year will have a keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    Savior4Life and techvisor like this.
    09-28-14 02:49 AM
    Hmm... I'm giving them 2 years from the Z10 release to get a touch screen out. A bit premature to panic now.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    They don't have a touchscreen flagship since 6 months after the Z10.
    The Z30, and you know it just as well as I do, was NEVER a flagship device.

Even T.Heins knew how it will look like to launch that phone for 600+ Euro/$, so he didn't even launch it himself.
    Not even talking about the place where the Z30 was launched (no disrespect intended. It's just not where the major players would unveil a device).

The problem is, that the Z30 was a midrange device when it launched already, and is now in the lower end of the mid-range.

So I don't want to speak for others, but I can imagine that there is a similar train of thought:
    I want a new flagship since I used the Z10 for about a year, and the Z30 just isn't a flagship.

Went my z10 turn 2 years we talk about, before that, I don't panic
    That's fine if BlackBerry only wants to sell to current Z10 owners on a 2 year contract.
    If BlackBerry wants to actually, well, increase their sales, they have to appeal to a little more people than those Z10 owners.

And it's a matter of fact that BlackBerry has no equivalent to an HTC One, a Samsung Note or an Apple iPhone 6.
    All BlackBerry has is a Z30 with 2 year old hardware.....

Getting a Z30 wouldn't be a bad choice. Price should be dropping a bit too since passport is out.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    I probably don't share this opinion but I wonder about one thing...

Since the Z30 is rather cheap by now (for a BlackBerry), how cheap will they make the LTE Z3?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 09-28-14 at 06:43 AM.
    techvisor likes this.
    09-28-14 02:53 AM

If you so desperate to upgrade your z10 (apparently it's dying) my advice it's to get a z30 and wait for a high end full touch screen on next spring
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-28-14 02:54 AM
    My advice to all those desperate to upgrade for a full touch screen it's to jump ship if the urge to upgrade it's so bad they can't make due with the z30 and wait for the new one next spring
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-28-14 02:58 AM
    If you so desperate to upgrade your z10 (apparently it's dying) my advice it's to get a z30 and wait for a high end full touch screen on next spring
    Yeah, but that would mean that I paid 350 Euro for a phone I never wanted.
    And that doesn't sound smart to me

My advice to all those desperate to upgrade for a full touch screen it's to jump ship if the urge to upgrade it's so bad they can't make due with the z30 and wait for the new one next spring
    Haha.

I will exactly do that, if I don't like the Passport.
    I have had enough of waiting and overpaying, to be honest.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 03:01 AM
    An OS10 Torch type phone with sliding keyboard would awesome
    cbosdell likes this.
    09-28-14 03:05 AM
    Now a BlackBerry Z30 successor would be awesome.

From my ? phone.
    09-28-14 03:31 AM

I think you should give Passport a try.. I was also into all touch camp.. but then I decided to give this beast a try... trust me you won't regret it... you get a massive touch screen and a touch sensitive kb to go with it.. I'm loving it...

Beast Unleashed!! Passport is the Name!!!
    09-28-14 04:41 AM
    I hope they don't abandon the touch segment. I don't expect them to release a flagship touch device, but a midrange like the z30 with updated specs and a focus on continuing to improve the software keyboard would be nice.

They have another year and half to get me an updated phone, otherwise I may have to do the unthinkable... buy an Android... ***shudder***.

Posted via CB10
    GEO1ER likes this.
    09-28-14 05:59 AM
    I hope most of you are wrong an BlackBerry continues to make high end all touch devices to replace the Z10 and the Z30 cause in all honesty I don't like the Passport and I think the Classic while it looks nice, is taking a step back. No new high end all touch devices may mean that for the first time since I have owned smart phones (always BlackBerry) I may actually consider saying goodbye to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-28-14 06:22 AM
    I think what many of you are forgetting is that those various flagships are in the $700 range while the z30 is $500 and the z10 is $200.

Sooo if you have the disposable income to buy an $700 phone every year when your current one functions just fine and the passport is not for your liking, then buy the lg/htc/galaxy/iphone if you can't wait for the next BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-28-14 06:43 AM
    I think what many of you are forgetting is that those various flagships are in the $700 range while the z30 is $500 and the z10 is $200.

Sooo if you have the disposable income to buy an $700 phone every year when your current one functions just fine and the passport is not for your liking, then buy the lg/htc/galaxy/iphone if you can't wait for the next BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    So, basically, instead of BlackBerry selling more phones and having a better line up, you think that the correct strategy for BlackBerry is to drive away what little customers they still have?

Sounds like a healthy business plan

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and GEO1ER like this.
    09-28-14 08:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I'm saying I may have to do, if BlackBerry gives up on all touch. My contract is up in August 2015. All I'm saying is I really hope BlackBerry has something up there sleeve regarding all touch phones or I may be forced to get a, dare I say it? ... Android... ugh!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:01 AM
    That's exactly what I'm saying I may have to do, if BlackBerry gives up on all touch. My contract is up in August 2015. All I'm saying is I really hope BlackBerry has something up there sleeve regarding all touch phones or I may be forced to get a, dare I say it? ... Android... ugh!

Posted via CB10
    I currently have the same thoughts.
    I don't buy on contract though, so it's just that I had enough of my Z10 and want a replacement with a far bigger screen.

So, whenever the Passport gets available in Switzerland, I will test it, and then I have to decide if I'll get a rooted Android phone or the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 09:05 AM
    BlackBerry is not going to be able to develop hardware fast enough to keep up with the tech junkies who "update" their devices every couple of months. Quality take time! The mad dash to change devices every two months isn't sustainable in the long run anyway and after the mobile market stabilizes we will see what companies are healthy and which ones just stick to televisions.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-28-14 09:28 AM
    BlackBerry is not going to be able to develop hardware fast enough to keep up with the tech junkies who "update" their devices every couple of months. Quality take time! The mad dash to change devices every two months isn't sustainable in the long run anyway and after the mobile market stabilizes we will see what companies are healthy and which ones just stick to televisions.

Posted via CB10
    Part of the reason the other platforms can put out devices sooner is because they stick to 2 or 3 phones and update those phones every two years. BlackBerry on the other hand has out out a whole slew of phone and rather than update them they just keep making more. You have the Z10, Q10, Z30, Q5, Z3, now Passport and soon Classic. I mean really? 7 phones? Not to mention the various Porsche editions, which I think is a waste of time any money. Have two all touch devices and two key board devices premium and mid range, and build from there! Just my opinion.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:05 AM

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    They should just drop it to $350 and be done with it.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-28-14 10:13 AM
    They should just drop it to $350 and be done with it.

320 Euro on Amazon.de is pretty much there.
    Which means that in Europe, it's actually priced rather acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 10:15 AM
    320 Euro on Amazon.de is pretty much there.
    Which means that in Europe, it's actually priced rather acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    That is $452 cdn in my town.

PS what version of a Z10 do you have? My STL 100 - 3 does fairly well.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 09-28-14 at 10:58 PM.
    09-28-14 10:31 PM
    It is $499 on Shopblackberry.com in the US. Amazon has some for $369, but you can't tell for sure if they are the Euro versions without proper US LTE support. BlackBerry should just use Amazon as their official store and be done with Digital River running shopblackberry.com.

09-29-14 06:19 AM
    I love the Z10 touchscreen although previously I only owned BBs with keyboards. I would never switch back to a keyboard, nor would I ever consider buying a non-BB. The touchscreen keyboard and error correction are unsurpassed by any other smartphone producer. It would be great to see a touchscreen Passport--one in which the width and position of the keyboard can be adjusted to be convenient for one- or two-hand typing. Please don't abandon these innovative touchscreen keyboards in future phones!
    09-30-14 09:00 AM
    I'm in favor of a new all touch BlackBerry phone. I am shaking my head at this because I was such a staunch, die hard keyboard enthusiast. The Z10 changed my feelings about all touch devices completely. In my opinion, BlackBerry's virtual keyboard is every bit as good as their physical key board. I hope BlackBerry comes out with a new, quality all touch phone. However, I'm in no hurry and will wait patiently to see what happens.
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-30-14 09:56 AM
    Went from a Z10 to Z30 and absolutely love the phone. It will be still a good phone 2 years from now also.
    09-30-14 10:09 AM
65 123