03-21-09 11:39 AM
- I took a look at Apple app store last night and if the bb store is anything like that, I am expecting lost of good things. Right now things are strung out all over the place.
I am very new to this bb thing, and I have to agree, there are a few things I am not happy with, but I just bought a thousand dollar flat screen tv that has some things I am not happy about either.
The difference is, with my bb, I can change some of the ways it works, where I am stuck with the things my tv does or doesn;t do.01-21-09 08:39 PM
- raverx3m, I hate that you are unhappy with your BB. However, there are free apps all over the place. In regards to wallpaper, there is an almost endless supply. My BB wallpaper is a free one I found that had been designed for a computer screen, but it was easily resized to my BB and looks great.01-21-09 09:02 PM
- They didn't say anything about it existing.There was no need for such a personal attack on this person either. While you may not agree with what was said, we can "argue" nicely
Personally, I think this thing is great.
I don't have to pay for ringtones like my LG phone. I can make whatever I want.
I don't have to pay for backgrounds, I, and any of you, can make anything you want into a background.
This thing is only a couple months old. I'm pretty confident that when the newness wears off, we'll be seeing many more stable applications out there, at more reasonable prices, and maybe even some of them built into the OS like they should be.
Last edited by Dave88LX; 01-21-09 at 09:14 PM.01-21-09 09:09 PM
- DuviRetired Moderator01-21-09 09:16 PM
- You haven't tried very hard to get wallpaper and ringtones, because this sight is absolutley full of them. You simply send them to your phone. I sent several to my phone last night. No problem whatsoever. Don't get mad a the service because you did not take responsibility and learn about what you needed.01-21-09 09:55 PM
- Perhaps you don't have cheeks, but those of us that do, with the storm, it's awful easy to mash down on the touchscreen. Have you even used a Storm yet besides punching buttons in the store?
That's a mighty high-horse chip-on-your-shoulder response from you. I guess it should be expected after reading some of your other replies.
Let me ask you the same question--So because these are not important to you, I shouldn't have them? I don't know about you, but I don't consider the options that would be integrated into the BB OS, in an already EXISTING menu, to be a "program", but call it whatever you want.
As far as the shutter sound, what do you mean by "suppress it"? If you had done a search, or knew anything about this phone, you would know that there is no option to turn the shutter sound "off".
Please think first, and do a little bit of research before the next time you reply about things which you do not know.
Again, these are not PROGRAMS. They are simple options that should be in the code of the OS. Please learn the difference.
I wasn't being ugly. My point is there is no way RIM can have everything in the OS. My point is what is important to me may not be important to someone else. There was no need for the personal attack on me.01-21-09 11:24 PM
- i just got one two days ago..... its love and hate.
It has a lot of stuff i probably wont use, its costing me an arm and a leg, and i cant seem to customize it fully the way id like...... i cant get rid of it though.... im stuck with it.
I just want the tools to hack the crap out of it and make it function the way i want..... but i dont think those exist like they did for the razr.01-21-09 11:34 PM
- I have a Curve 8830, from Sprint, and as far as the phones capabilities... I could not be happier. I agree you need to have the BIS or BES to receive the full potential from your device. I have owned PDA/Smartphones my PPC 6600 and this device has a ton of capabilities that I didnt know possible until I got my BB. Yeah with a ton and I mean ton of effort you can make your Windows Mobile device pretty sweet too, but that takes a lot of tweaking. The BB app installs are easy and with minimal effort/participation in these forums, you can have a ton of success achieving just about anything on your BB. CrackBerry has been awesome to me, and what makes it great is the community.
Sorry you dont like your BB, with BIS/BES and a little effort on your part, I think you will really enjoy your BB experience. Otherwise I hope your in your 30 day period. GL with your decision...
Actually could be happier with a BOLD. =)01-22-09 12:00 AM
- return the phone or sell it if you don't like it .like other s have said there are plenty free programs out there .but you need to do some research.next you get a phone know the phone better and research it .just because th bb doesn't work for you raver means rim has done something wrong.pleanty of people me included love their berries.its a matter of choice.01-22-09 12:10 AM
- And these reasons are??? You named a ton so far.
Is one of them for taking pictures in a library? You don't want to disturb anyone, right?
Please name one that doesn't come off even a little seedy and I will be impressed.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com01-22-09 01:16 AM
Is there actually a reason given by RIM for not having a silent option for their camera berries?01-22-09 01:35 AM
- Ok, you don't have a data plan and you're paying for items that the rest of us are downloading for free. I agree, return the Curve and get another device that matches up with the features that you want. BTW, you knew what to expect when you posted you're comments on a BlackBerry Forum from some members didn't you? Anyway, good luck. We'll be here when you come back
I'll never understand why folks buy a BB without a data plan.
My BB is indispensable. And I want RIM, the independent developers, and other third party product providers to make as much filthy lucre as the market will allow them to accumulate.
Bail out, get your money back or sell it on ebay, and chalk one up for experience, Raver. Sorry you didn't like it - then, again, you really didn't give yourself an opportunity to discover what it's all about.01-22-09 01:47 AM
- most of the stuff i have mine i have on my computer and upload to my bb its cheaper...
plus I can put the songs i want on plus pictures...
I didnt have internet on my curve because it wasnt a bb contact for it so i would have to pay extra but now i have it all in one contract, but its a 24 month contract01-22-09 03:11 AM
Again, it's not extra memory, it's not another program, it's just one more option in the menu that says "off", and takes less processor power NOT to make the sound.01-22-09 07:29 AM
Last edited by Dave88LX; 01-22-09 at 07:34 AM.01-22-09 07:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD