I took a look at Apple app store last night and if the bb store is anything like that, I am expecting lost of good things. Right now things are strung out all over the place.

I am very new to this bb thing, and I have to agree, there are a few things I am not happy with, but I just bought a thousand dollar flat screen tv that has some things I am not happy about either.

The difference is, with my bb, I can change some of the ways it works, where I am stuck with the things my tv does or doesn;t do.
    01-21-09 08:39 PM
    So, perhaps a change should be in the works raver. If you are not happy with the device, and you are within the 30 day return period, why not return it?
    01-21-09 08:48 PM
    You didn't know that you would have to pay for apps?
    I am from the burgh!!!! GO STEELERS!!!!!
    01-21-09 08:51 PM
    raverx3m, I hate that you are unhappy with your BB. However, there are free apps all over the place. In regards to wallpaper, there is an almost endless supply. My BB wallpaper is a free one I found that had been designed for a computer screen, but it was easily resized to my BB and looks great.
    01-21-09 09:02 PM
    The shutter sound would actually free up memory since there would be one less sound file stored.
    Exactly. One less file, and one less action for the chip to process in making the shutter sound.

They didn't say anything about it existing.
    She said to suppress the sound...but there's no way to do that.

There was no need for such a personal attack on this person either. While you may not agree with what was said, we can "argue" nicely
    Nothing personal about it, I'm done. I've just seen similar snappy unhelpful replies from her in the past. No need for her snooty, useless remarks that contribute nothing.

Personally, I think this thing is great.

I don't have to pay for ringtones like my LG phone. I can make whatever I want.
    I don't have to pay for backgrounds, I, and any of you, can make anything you want into a background.

This thing is only a couple months old. I'm pretty confident that when the newness wears off, we'll be seeing many more stable applications out there, at more reasonable prices, and maybe even some of them built into the OS like they should be.
    Last edited by Dave88LX; 01-21-09 at 09:14 PM.
    01-21-09 09:09 PM
    So, perhaps a change should be in the works raver. If you are not happy with the device, and you are within the 30 day return period, why not return it?
    Agreed. I love my device and wouldn't trade it for anything else, but another bb. There tons of free apps and yes there are a couple that do cost, but you get what you pay for... these apps work!
    01-21-09 09:16 PM
    This is why I did my research BEFORE I bought my phone. I knew what to expect, what capabilities it has, and what it was going t cost me.
    01-21-09 09:49 PM
    You haven't tried very hard to get wallpaper and ringtones, because this sight is absolutley full of them. You simply send them to your phone. I sent several to my phone last night. No problem whatsoever. Don't get mad a the service because you did not take responsibility and learn about what you needed.
    01-21-09 09:55 PM
    Perhaps you don't have cheeks, but those of us that do, with the storm, it's awful easy to mash down on the touchscreen. Have you even used a Storm yet besides punching buttons in the store?

That's a mighty high-horse chip-on-your-shoulder response from you. I guess it should be expected after reading some of your other replies.

Let me ask you the same question--So because these are not important to you, I shouldn't have them? I don't know about you, but I don't consider the options that would be integrated into the BB OS, in an already EXISTING menu, to be a "program", but call it whatever you want.

As far as the shutter sound, what do you mean by "suppress it"? If you had done a search, or knew anything about this phone, you would know that there is no option to turn the shutter sound "off".

Please think first, and do a little bit of research before the next time you reply about things which you do not know.

Again, these are not PROGRAMS. They are simple options that should be in the code of the OS. Please learn the difference.

I wasn't being ugly. My point is there is no way RIM can have everything in the OS. My point is what is important to me may not be important to someone else. There was no need for the personal attack on me.
    01-21-09 11:24 PM
    Me gustan respuestas asi

I like responses like that

Very well said.

Lol, I agree.
    01-21-09 11:33 PM
    i just got one two days ago..... its love and hate.

It has a lot of stuff i probably wont use, its costing me an arm and a leg, and i cant seem to customize it fully the way id like...... i cant get rid of it though.... im stuck with it.

I just want the tools to hack the crap out of it and make it function the way i want..... but i dont think those exist like they did for the razr.
    See it's all a matter of opinion. I thought my Razr was a piece of crap. I could hardly ever get signal and the thing just annoyed me. I went from that, which I wanted SO badly when it came out, to an LG Chocolate which was amazing. Had internet and everything on it and the internet was just 5 bucks a month. I've had my BB for just under a month and its the best thing I've ever bought.
    01-21-09 11:34 PM
    I have a Curve 8830, from Sprint, and as far as the phones capabilities... I could not be happier. I agree you need to have the BIS or BES to receive the full potential from your device. I have owned PDA/Smartphones my PPC 6600 and this device has a ton of capabilities that I didnt know possible until I got my BB. Yeah with a ton and I mean ton of effort you can make your Windows Mobile device pretty sweet too, but that takes a lot of tweaking. The BB app installs are easy and with minimal effort/participation in these forums, you can have a ton of success achieving just about anything on your BB. CrackBerry has been awesome to me, and what makes it great is the community.

Sorry you dont like your BB, with BIS/BES and a little effort on your part, I think you will really enjoy your BB experience. Otherwise I hope your in your 30 day period. GL with your decision...

Actually could be happier with a BOLD. =)
    01-22-09 12:00 AM
    return the phone or sell it if you don't like it .like other s have said there are plenty free programs out there .but you need to do some research.next you get a phone know the phone better and research it .just because th bb doesn't work for you raver means rim has done something wrong.pleanty of people me included love their berries.its a matter of choice.
    01-22-09 12:10 AM
    I always think the people who don't want shutter sound on the camera are some sort of creepy stalker type.
    It's not a spy cam, it's a PDA.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-09 01:02 AM
    I can think of many legitimate reasons you do not want the shutter sound.

I would like the option to turn it on or off and I do not know why the RIM people have not put that option on.
    01-22-09 01:12 AM
    And these reasons are??? You named a ton so far.

Is one of them for taking pictures in a library? You don't want to disturb anyone, right?

Please name one that doesn't come off even a little seedy and I will be impressed.

01-22-09 01:16 AM
    I can think of many legitimate reasons you do not want the shutter sound.

I would like the option to turn it on or off and I do not know why the RIM people have not put that option on.
    This I have to agree with, all of my dumb camera phones have several shutter sounds as well as no sound. My two digital cameras allow for turning off the shutter sound.

Is there actually a reason given by RIM for not having a silent option for their camera berries?
    01-22-09 01:35 AM
    Ok, you don't have a data plan and you're paying for items that the rest of us are downloading for free. I agree, return the Curve and get another device that matches up with the features that you want. BTW, you knew what to expect when you posted you're comments on a BlackBerry Forum from some members didn't you? Anyway, good luck. We'll be here when you come back
    Agree with BL.

I'll never understand why folks buy a BB without a data plan.

My BB is indispensable. And I want RIM, the independent developers, and other third party product providers to make as much filthy lucre as the market will allow them to accumulate.

Bail out, get your money back or sell it on ebay, and chalk one up for experience, Raver. Sorry you didn't like it - then, again, you really didn't give yourself an opportunity to discover what it's all about.
    01-22-09 01:47 AM
    most of the stuff i have mine i have on my computer and upload to my bb its cheaper...
    plus I can put the songs i want on plus pictures...
    I didnt have internet on my curve because it wasnt a bb contact for it so i would have to pay extra but now i have it all in one contract, but its a 24 month contract
    01-22-09 03:11 AM
    I always think the people who don't want shutter sound on the camera are some sort of creepy stalker type.
    It's not a spy cam, it's a PDA.

...that or I don't want to wake up my infant while taking pictures of her. I don't need to have a fake camera sound on my REAL digital camera, why should I be required to have one on a cell phone?

Again, it's not extra memory, it's not another program, it's just one more option in the menu that says "off", and takes less processor power NOT to make the sound.
    01-22-09 07:29 AM
    I wasn't being ugly. My point is there is no way RIM can have everything in the OS. My point is what is important to me may not be important to someone else. There was no need for the personal attack on me.
    You made 100% incorrect assumptions without doing a bit of research before suggesting that I don't know how to turn my sounds off, or to keep the phone off my face. I merely suggested that you don't know much about what you're talking about that's all.
    Last edited by Dave88LX; 01-22-09 at 07:34 AM.
    01-22-09 07:30 AM
    Damn son sure sounds like you didn't pick the right phone for you. Aaaaaa well you will be missed. NOT!
    01-22-09 07:53 AM
    Who me? Or the OP.
    01-22-09 07:56 AM
    Why would you buy a BB without a data plan? Thats like buying a new sink and getting irritated that you need to have water to make it work!
    01-22-09 08:23 AM
    Hope you don't get a iphone then. Even more crippled features..
    Like what? No copy and paste? No mms? What else?

01-23-09 09:50 AM
154 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD