so i had my blackberry for about a month now and i fkn hate it more and more.
    seeing how much potential it has and how much of it is actually accessible is a big waste.

almost every single feature that is on that phone is a paid service designed to bring profit to the service provided for as little usability for you as possible. so you re forced to pay more and more every step you take in order to do something.
    i cant even download a damn wallpaper without being charged 5 dollars for it. doesnt it bother anyone that whoever made the wallpaper spent like 15 seconds making it and posting it on the webpage and hes charging you 5 dollars for it?
    i have to spend hours and hours editing,updating, installing, backing up and reupdating backups of the pieces of my OS in order to make a program work because its been hidden or blocked by provider?
    cant disable the data service even tho i have no data plan.
    ye its software version 4.5 and im sure the people at RIM are aware that there are some users without data plan...
    the fkn ringer volume control nonexistent my sony ericsson T610 had better volume control than this.(soft, med,loud) what is this a 5 dollar wallmart phone?

theres tonns of software that i have to pay for in order to get a function that is totally free on most other phones.
    Suppress the camera shutter sound! for 3.95!!!
    ringtone alert and vibration alert at the same time.for 8 dollars yeeey

Stop your face from pressing keys on a call!2.95?? shouldnt that be included with original OS? on storm?

and as much as i love that piece of hardware, the whole snake oil salesman scheme that grew around it makes me sick.
    01-20-09 11:02 PM
    So what phone you gonna get since you're a tad bit unhappy with your blackberry? Hope you're within your 30 days.
    01-20-09 11:08 PM
    Dump it before your 30 days are up.

Get a phone that is already loaded with what you want.

That is how things work.

Since you do not want a data plan, there are lots of reg phones for you to choose from.
    01-20-09 11:14 PM
    im thinkin about nokia. and i have 2 more phones that i was lookin at that are not so dependent on paid services of various types.

i know some people are gonna argue in favor of blackberry. but im not dissatisfied with the phone itsself im more unhappy with the software
    01-20-09 11:14 PM
    Hope you don't get a iphone then. Even more crippled features..
    01-20-09 11:17 PM
    I feel your pain! Would like to see ring vibrate in os updated. Maybe a lil threaded sms! RIM is like the lottery. You never know!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-20-09 11:20 PM
    i just got one two days ago..... its love and hate.

It has a lot of stuff i probably wont use, its costing me an arm and a leg, and i cant seem to customize it fully the way id like...... i cant get rid of it though.... im stuck with it.

I just want the tools to hack the crap out of it and make it function the way i want..... but i dont think those exist like they did for the razr.
    01-21-09 06:34 AM
    You didn't know that you would have to pay for apps?
    01-21-09 06:38 AM
    There a ton of free apps out there, as well as free wallpapers. I agree with some of the things you said in that vib and ring, silence camera shutter, things like that should already be there. But, like I said, there are a ton of free apps and sometimes you just have to go with the flow.
    01-21-09 06:45 AM
    BlackBerry are known mainly for push emails. They developed features over the years that cater to the main stream. I also feel as though certain features should be pre-installed, but at least we have other options. Now if RIM did not have those features, and also would not allow you to install 3rd party applications, then that would be a problem. As for wallpapers and themes, there are quiet a few out there you just have to search and look for them. There are numerous free applications as well.

01-21-09 06:49 AM
    so i had my blackberry for about a month now and i fkn hate it more and more.
    seeing how much potential it has and how much of it is actually accessible is a big waste.

almost every single feature that is on that phone is a paid service designed to bring profit to the service provided for as little usability for you as possible. so you re forced to pay more and more every step you take in order to do something.
    i cant even download a damn wallpaper without being charged 5 dollars for it. doesnt it bother anyone that whoever made the wallpaper spent like 15 seconds making it and posting it on the webpage and hes charging you 5 dollars for it?
    i have to spend hours and hours editing,updating, installing, backing up and reupdating backups of the pieces of my OS in order to make a program work because its been hidden or blocked by provider?
    cant disable the data service even tho i have no data plan.
    ye its software version 4.5 and im sure the people at RIM are aware that there are some users without data plan...
    the fkn ringer volume control nonexistent my sony ericsson T610 had better volume control than this.(soft, med,loud) what is this a 5 dollar wallmart phone?

theres tonns of software that i have to pay for in order to get a function that is totally free on most other phones.
    Suppress the camera shutter sound! for 3.95!!!
    ringtone alert and vibration alert at the same time.for 8 dollars yeeey

Stop your face from pressing keys on a call!2.95?? shouldnt that be included with original OS? on storm?

and as much as i love that piece of hardware, the whole snake oil salesman scheme that grew around it makes me sick.
    Wait so what phone do you have exactly? Your talking about OS 4.5 then you say you have a Storm.

Now a few of your problems really arent.
    Wallpaper can be gotten from anywhere, go to google search for whatever you want and look at the images, you like something save it and set as wallpaper. Done. Sure some wallpapers may take 15 seconds to put on a website but some are photos that took hours to get the perfect shot or art that was made with Photoshop or some other program.

Screen locking Get talklock, its free

vib/ring, camera shutter well I guess its either you need it or dont care, lots of phones dont have these options. To be honest I never had a phone that rang and vibrated at the same time.

Data plan... this part was a real joke to me. Its a Blackberry, as has been said its known for email, why get the phone if you arent going to use it to the fullest. If you ask me, you made the wrong choice. Dont get a Smart phone if you arent going to use the greatest features of it then complain about it
    01-21-09 07:01 AM
    well the only feature that i dont actualy use and wasnt planning to is the email. i have a yahoo email and enough wifi hotspots to cover the area where i live.
    do you buy a car planning for next 6 months to sit online and find where to change your oil? probably not.
    when i buy a phone with certain advertised features i dont really plan to dig them out of depths of the internet and sacrifice a small goat. im kinda hoping that they are already installed or easy to find at least.

i consider those charges unfair.

like the GPS on the phones that come with GPS chip.
    garmin tomtom?preloaded maps

phones charged for data usage and you have to find out on your own that there are actuall preloaded maps you can use with it. the only catch is they cost more than actual navi from garmin.
    i had few more examples but its 5 in the morning and i cant think of any now. but you guys get the point.

im just ******** again that i cant customize the phone as much as i did sony ericsson but SE dont make a model with full keyboard and xperia is kinda gay looking imho.

oh i dont have storm i have curve
    01-21-09 07:25 AM
    i've had the opposite experience. i got free wallpaper (cactus flower, earth), free ringtones (and your bird can sing, hey jude), free games (spider solitaire, chess), free apps (mara tick, smartflix)...and all from crackberry.com! Just a few examples...

i used to spend a bit on my old env for those things but since i got my bb i haven't spent any extra!

Last edited by chrisy520; 01-21-09 at 07:31 AM.
    01-21-09 07:28 AM
    as everyone noted im sure. blackberry doesnt really offer a phone comparable to any others yet. as far as media. but the curve is probably the best looking phone wiht a full keyboard.
    its compact, buttons are big enough to use for a guy.
    and blackberrys are gettin more popular for their organizer software.

so there are more and more people buying blackberrys that dont have or need a data plan.
    maybe blackberry world should update also.
    01-21-09 07:30 AM
    I've downloaded so many free applications and wallpapers and themes that I'm having a hard time deciding which ones to delete... such a dilemma
    01-21-09 07:32 AM
    I am NOT avocating that you hack your BB, BUT they certainly are hackable....

hacking blackberry - Google Search
    01-21-09 07:35 AM
    Hey listen up dork

Blackberries are business tools and are new to the consumer market compared with other device brands.

(With the next sentence I am trying to provoke you into a rage you silly silly little man)
    WHY DID YOU buy this phone knowing that its main purpose is email and then not intend to use it for this purpose.

Blackberry/RIM make most of their revenue from providing the blackberry Enterprise Service (BES) to business/corporate customers, so, just because they started to sell to consumers does not mean that they should not charge a fee for the equivalent (BIS) service for the consumer. This is their bread and butter mate, so of course they will sell the email/internet (BIS) service to the consumer otherwise they just make money from the purchase cost of the device itself.

Lastly a blackberry is a PDA and not a phone. You mentioned Nokia and another brand; these are mobile phones with computer capability. Blackberries are computers with mobile phone capability.

hey i did not mean to be this harsh but you came on here and slagged the berry, sorry mate. i hope your new phone gives you all that you want
    01-21-09 08:47 AM
    berry-addict you have very valid arguments that make good sense... coulda all been said without the personal attack.
    01-21-09 08:52 AM
    Actually his points are pretty bad. It pretty much sums up to "this phone is great because that's the way RIM made it".

01-21-09 09:05 AM
    Might I add that there is no shutter sound on the camera if your phone is on vibrate? And you should be glad at the fact that you can download apps that enable more features for your phone. Its not like every phone has vibandring, and blackberry has to be one of the few that allows an app to enable this feature. There are plenty of free apps, ringtones, and wallpapers to keep me satisfied.

01-21-09 09:21 AM
    01-21-09 09:25 AM
    as everyone noted im sure. blackberry doesnt really offer a phone comparable to any others yet. as far as media. but the curve is probably the best looking phone wiht a full keyboard.
    its compact, buttons are big enough to use for a guy.
    and blackberrys are gettin more popular for their organizer software.

so there are more and more people buying blackberrys that dont have or need a data plan.
    maybe blackberry world should update also.
    Sounds like it is time for you to sell your Curve, and get a phone more to your needs. Did you get the phone for it's looks or what you can do with it?

As you don't need a data plan or email, you should stick mainly with phones that have the features you want, without the Blackberry hassle factors you are running into.

Yes more and more people are buying Blackberries, many of them because people they know have bought them, many others because stars have them, and others still because they can't resist buying something new. And then there are the people that buy Blackberries or any other phone/pda because of what it's known for.

Sure there are phones that if you can't do what you like with them you can hack them, but then again, if you have to hack them to get them to the point you want them, are they really all that good as far as your needs in the first place?
    01-21-09 09:32 AM
    This is just like complaining that the new full size pickup you bought is a pig on gas, when the only reason u bought it was 2 look cool! They build trucks 2 work and pull ****, not to ride around in lookin cool n ****.....I knew my BB was gonna cost me more, but I also knew i cld justify it cause i dont have a comp @ home and my mp3 player only held like 100 songs or there abouts. I knew the BB wld do all kinds of stuff and thats why i bought it cause i knew id use it all. Now if u didnt need half these services or features why the **** did u buy it? Sounds like u jumped on the band wagon and now u wish u hadnt! Good luck with the Nokia!
    01-21-09 09:36 AM
    yes, i bought mine because Paris has one! lol

you are right, though...the OP (and everyone) should get a phone that suits their needs. i don't us e mine for business but i don't have computer so i use it for my banking, email, netflix, etc.

there are all kinds of phones on the market. from the knack (no camera, no video, no mp3) to blackberry to motorola 755 (camera, mp3, video, some email)

Sounds like it is time for you to sell your Curve, and get a phone more to your needs. Did you get the phone for it's looks or what you can do with it?

As you don't need a data plan or email, you should stick mainly with phones that have the features you want, without the Blackberry hassle factors you are running into.

Yes more and more people are buying Blackberries, many of them because people they know have bought them, many others because stars have them, and others still because they can't resist buying something new. And then there are the people that buy Blackberries or any other phone/pda because of what it's known for.

Sure there are phones that if you can't do what you like with them you can hack them, but then again, if you have to hack them to get them to the point you want them, are they really all that good as far as your needs in the first place?
    01-21-09 09:36 AM
    sadly....I sorta agree with you on the whole 3rd party software thing...espically the stormlock...
    01-21-09 09:40 AM
154 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD