I was wondering if anyone is using their Blackberry as a PC modem and if so, do you know if having the phone plugged into the PC charging while using while browsing drains the Blackberry battery from overcharging?

I have the Verizon aircard also, but I still have a week to return... I'd love to save some money by just using the Blackberry as my PC modem, but don't want to ruin the battery....

Any thoughts (pros/cons) to surfing the web this way?

Thanks!

p.s. I don't have other options besides these for surfing.. I don't have a landline and no tv/cable

update:
    I guess I didn't explain it well... I mean will the battery start discharging faster (using just as the cell phone, unplugged) from being plugged in alot and constantly charging if you use the blackberry as a modem???
    Last edited by Mudflower; 06-12-08 at 08:14 PM.
    06-12-08 12:03 PM
    I used my BB as a tethered modem on Verizon. And it worked fine except in some areas. I had no problem with the battery draining while connected via usb.
    06-12-08 12:13 PM
    the battery charges when plugged in the USB port! and even when tethered! absolutely works for me every time i tether when i am on the road :-)
    06-12-08 06:24 PM
    I used my BB as a modem for a long time, and never had any problems with the battery draining. Like ap9311 says, it charges when plugged in.
    06-12-08 06:28 PM
    The Blackberry should not overcharge while using it as a modem or just charging in a wall charger or tethered to your PC. These batties have a memory.
    06-21-08 09:17 AM
    I use mine as a modem and is cheaper than a Aircard from Verizon.
    06-21-08 09:23 AM
    Also there is a detailed walkthrough about how to set up it, even without paying if your carrier requires you too in this forum. But the exact answer to your question...the battery charges when plugged into your computer
    06-21-08 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD