I was browsing amazon when I came across this item for 24 uk pounds brand new in box aswell

Blackberry mini stereo speaker-blackberry-speakers.jpg

So I went ahead and purchased and wow what an amazing device so much functions for the price. For it being 2 years since release I think BlackBerry should still sell them excellent quality sound and works well with my passport. It even works well with BlackBerry assistant. Such a shame there hard to come across these days

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 giffgaff
    11-12-15 07:59 AM
    It also works as a Bluetooth gateway. Stream your music to the speaker and then use the line out 3.5mm jack to send the music to a bigger speaker system.

Only feature I wish it had was a line in.

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 10:21 AM
    There a thread on this already!

Posted via CB10
    11-12-15 12:22 PM
    I've just bought one of these and hooked it into an old Stereo so I can stream podcasts etc. Being a bluetooth device, can I stream music from iTunes on a laptop to this, or is it only able to receive signals from Blackberries?

[Edit] Apologies, just figured it out! It was just a case of setting up pairing a second time i.e. hold down Play/Pause on the Bluetooth speaker for 10 seconds meant that my laptop could then discover it.

Connection is pretty good. This device now does the two things I want it to do; play podcasts and speakerphone from the Blackberry, and to give a new life to my brilliant old stereo which has a knackered CD and tape drive, and I could only use the FM radio. Could never bring myself to chuck the old thing, even though its covered in years of dust!
    Last edited by One Brain Cell; 01-31-16 at 04:22 PM.
    01-31-16 03:49 PM
    I picked up two of these units. The form factor is unique and works great for my non-smart car. Great for podcasts on the go!

Blackberry Z10 was the beginning. The Z30 is my upgrade
    01-31-16 05:01 PM
    Yeah, and since the original posters comment its now dropped to �15 in the UK. Its a decent little bargain. If it didn't have that auxiliary-out I wouldn't have bothered, though.

It also comes supplied with a USB cord and 3.5mm to 3.5mm jack, so you don't have to buy anything extra to get it working or plugged into a stereo.
    01-31-16 05:15 PM