If I am in NY and I have a friend in Hawaii with a blackberry, do any other rates apply to use messenger for us?
    01-07-09 12:05 PM
    As long as both of you have data plans, no.
    01-07-09 12:08 PM
    oh cool thank you, we both have unlimited data,
    01-07-09 12:09 PM
    Correct, it's free no matter where you are. I love BBM...
    01-07-09 12:09 PM
    BBM only works with data. If you can BBM each other you are good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 12:10 PM
    that is so awesome, I dont use it too often cause only 3 friends of mine have one. thank you again, waiting on my replacement Bold that is on the fed ex truck as I type this lol, cause my 3rd curve went nuts!
    01-07-09 12:12 PM
    doubt it, bbm uses data and not sms, so as long as hawaii's cellphone network is still considered within the U.S., I doubt there will be extra charges. i really wouldnt know out of personal experience though, so the best way to find out is calling ATT to ask.
    01-07-09 12:16 PM
    One of the great advantages of BBM.
    01-07-09 12:19 PM
    doubt it, bbm uses data and not sms, so as long as hawaii's cellphone network is still considered within the U.S., I doubt there will be extra charges. i really wouldnt know out of personal experience though, so the best way to find out is calling ATT to ask.
    But there are several of us who do know. If you do not have a data plan, BBM doesn't work. My niece has friend with a BB but no data plan. They can't BBM. My niece was devastated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 12:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD