HI thanks for the help in advance.

My BBM started acting up.

my messages no longer get pushed to my 8830.
    when im having a conversation with someone if i message them and my message is delivered (denoted by the small d not R) i am unable to receive their reply or see that it has been delivered unless i force my BB to connect to the internet somehow, either by messaging them again or typing a few letters into the conversation so that it opens the network connection again.

it came out of no where

i have tried hard booting several times, reloading BBM, and even reloading the OS

i am running 4.5.0.77

anyone else having this problem? thanks
    10-05-08 04:58 PM
    Definitely weird. It must be your internet connection. Have you tried to register your device and send service books?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-08 05:15 PM
    Oh, yeah, you've got cdma, have you tried to provision your device as well?

10-05-08 05:16 PM
    Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books.

Register Device: Click options> click advanced options> roll down and click host routing table> press your menu key> select register now> click back and close.

Provision Device (CDMA Devices Only): Go to options> mobile network> BlackBerry button> start provisioning.
    10-05-08 05:18 PM
    yes forgot to mention that before, i have provisioned and sent service book numerous times. Can service books only be sent through the BIS website, or is there another method?

thanks
    10-05-08 05:18 PM
    The method I mentioned above uses your device -- look for the envelope with a gear in front of it, click that, then click service books, then click send service books,

10-05-08 05:21 PM
    thanks, you responded to fast for me
    10-05-08 05:22 PM
    Did you register your device (instructions above)

10-05-08 05:22 PM
    when trying to provision, when i go to mobile network and hit the menu button, 'Provision device" doesn't show up...just diagnostic test
    10-05-08 05:23 PM
    Lol, quick on the draw! I am from Kiowa Colorado, haha

10-05-08 05:24 PM
    Oh, push the menu button, the option should be there.

10-05-08 05:25 PM
    Sorry, you said that, oops. There isn't an option to start provisioning?

10-05-08 05:26 PM
    I'm not using a cdma device so I can't look and see what you have. Sorry. Try registering. Also check your browser and make sure it is set to internet.

10-05-08 05:28 PM
    defiantly not...thanks
    10-05-08 05:28 PM
    i guess im going to try and downgrade tonight to 4.5.0.51 or whichever is the cdma build, maybe i screwed up something when i upgraded. I dont think thats the problem though as this build 4.5.0.77 worked perfectly for at least a couple/few weeks before this happened...
    10-05-08 05:32 PM
    Oh, I'm dense today!! You have an 8830, not a 8330!! You can't provision either haha. I am sorry for that. Go ahead and register. Then from your browser, press your menu key- click options- click browser configuration and general config pages and make sure both are set to internet browser.

10-05-08 05:33 PM
    yea they are both set to internet. Would this have anything to do with an improper certificate...also ive heard of people experiencing problems with these beta builds deteriorating over time.....i dont really see how that is possible, but maybe?
    10-05-08 05:36 PM
    Yeah, I don't know. I know most people say they love their newest OS upgrades, but I'm not so impressed with .81. I liked .69 much better. I've noticed a more pronounced memory loss with .81. I think I'm the only one so it may just be me.

As for your problem, it has to be something with the browser losing connection for some reason. Maybe someone else will have an answer.

10-05-08 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD