I have been getting hundreds of contact requests over the past two days on my BBM. Has anyone else had any experience with this? Could it be a bot or spam? Its fricken annoying. I did not post my pin anywhere on the internet. They all seem to be people from India.
    01-04-11 08:15 AM
    Is your phone brand new? Somehow, somewhere, someone has gotten or guessed your PIN and probably posted it somewhere. Good luck!
    01-04-11 08:22 AM
    Nope I've had it for over a year now.
    I googled my pin and could not come up with anything.
    01-04-11 08:23 AM
    What I meant was... Did you buy it new or used? If it's 2nd hand then it's possible the previous owner left his PIN almost anywhere. And Google isn't the only game in town.
    01-04-11 08:26 AM
    It was a replacement from Rogers.
    So you think these are actual people adding me? Not bots?
    01-04-11 08:34 AM
    I have been getting hundreds of contact requests over the past two days on my BBM. Has anyone else had any experience with this? Could it be a bot or spam? Its fricken annoying. I did not post my pin anywhere on the internet. They all seem to be people from India.
    Do some searches for your PIN. Our forum search is a good place to start, and probably some of the major search engines like google.

You could also try asking one of the people contacting you where they found yoour PIN.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 08:34 AM
    My g/f got a replacement phone from Vodafone when hers went in for insurance repair and the minute she activated it got loads and loads of BBM add requests.

We PIN messaged a couple of the adders only to find they were just trying to have a conversation with the obvious previous owner of the phone and BBM had informed them they weren't contacts and asked if they'd wanted to re-add.

It can be a nuisance with recon replacement phones
    01-04-11 09:01 AM
    Notify Rogers of this issue at a store or call in and they're probably give you another replacement. This isn't your fault so they should.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-11 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD