Is this a free service for all blackberry users? I have entered two pins in my phone and have sent them a request but they have not received anything.

Thanks,
    Bill
    03-15-09 11:22 AM
    Do you have a data plan? Do they have data plans? BBM runs on data so if you guys have data plans...yes. Here's a link on how to use bbm.

Lecture 8: How To Use BlackBerry Messenger | CrackBerry.com
    03-15-09 11:24 AM
    Yes, everyone needs a data plan for it to work. I'm not sure what phone or O/S you are using, but before I upgraded my O/S to 4.5 no body ever got my requests...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 11:37 AM
    Always request by PIN, not by email to avoid the annoying "pending" message. RIM uses the hexidecimal system, letters A-F and numbers 0-9
    03-15-09 11:41 AM
    Am I right in thinking that if two BB users with 2 different carriers be able to use BBM instead of SMS and not pay extra for overages?

Example: I have Sprint and my sister has Verizon. Would she be able to BBM me without going into her text usage?
    03-15-09 11:12 PM
    Am I right in thinking that if two BB users with 2 different carriers be able to use BBM instead of SMS and not pay extra for overages?

Example: I have Sprint and my sister has Verizon. Would she be able to BBM me without going into her text usage?
    Correct. As was stated BBM uses data. As long as you both have unlimited
    data feel free to chat away.
    03-15-09 11:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD