Hello, I am new to BB and am having trouble w/ BB messenger. I had a friend request to be a contact but don't understand how to accept the request. I have a 8330 curve from Verizon and BB Messenger is already downloaded. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!
    03-04-09 02:15 PM
    Once the friend shows up in your "pending" group highlight the friend, press menu and select accept.
    03-04-09 02:22 PM
    If you are the person who is being asked to be added to your friends BB messenger, it should be a matter of you saying its okay to be added. Now if you are adding a friend and they don't get the message asking to be added - it could because they are from a different carrier. Sometimes, it takes a few attempts.

The easiest way for both is to make sure each of you has the other's PIN in your contact list. Then open your BB Messenger icon and press the menu button, click "add a contact" and type their name and select. You will be prompt with a window that says "send request by", select their PIN and press enter. Another window will appear "add a message" press "ok". Your friend will receive an invitation and have them read it and follow the instructions.
    03-04-09 02:29 PM
    Hey POE 1983 - there you are. I knew someone had the instructions, but couldn't think of your CB screen name.
    03-04-09 02:31 PM
    Yeah the "BB Messenger" threads get my attention quick lol
    03-04-09 02:34 PM
    And you also had the BIS link that I was looking for earlier. Thanks for the help there. Good to chat with someone from back home. Take it easy.
    03-04-09 02:38 PM
    Ok so I see my friend in "pending" but there is no option to accept. What am I missing?
    03-04-09 09:38 PM
    Ok so I see my friend in "pending" but there is no option to accept. What am I missing?
    I have the same problem...a friend is in Pending status but there is no option to accept. We did however "ping" back and forth.
    03-05-09 12:27 AM
    Try adding the contact to your address book and include the pin in there. When you go to BBM to add a new contact select that person from the list. Doing it this way when I was on OS 4.2 worked for me each time. If I tried it the normal way it never worked. Now that I am on 4.5 I have no issues......Hope it helps
    03-05-09 12:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD