Is there anyway or setting that i can set so that it doesnt show "R" for recieved when i recieve a message, in other words it always will say "D" for delivered to the other person whether i have read it or not.

No, im not trying to avoid anyone or anything. I have a Storm and my girlfreind keeps asking me how i set it so that she can't tell when i recieve her messages and im like what? Shes like yeah, it always says "D" and never "R" so she thinks i changed it so that she cant tell when i recieve her messages. (Women... lol) I have not set nor have i found i can do such a thing so i have no idea why it does this.

Anyone know whats the deal?
    03-31-09 06:40 PM
    The only way is not to read it....

You can view the message, well the first line from the messages folder but I dont know of a way to do what you are asking..... Hopefully someone will have better advice.

Where is POE?
    03-31-09 06:43 PM
    The only way is not to read it....

You can view the message, well the first line from the messages folder but I dont know of a way to do what you are asking..... Hopefully someone will have better advice.

Where is POE?

Correct, that's the only way, right there...
    03-31-09 06:46 PM
    Sometimes on my phone it still says d even though the person has responded (meaning they read it). In my case I think its the occasional glitch, perhaps with you too as well?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-31-09 06:56 PM
    I don't know of anyway but there was a theme that I had that just had a slight variation in the checkmark when it was read as opposed to delivered.

That's probably not much help but it's all I got.

03-31-09 07:15 PM
    This is a response I had to a thread kind of similar to this one earlier today. Sorry if parts of it aren't relevant. I just decided to copy and paste:

If you get the "D" then that means your GF has received the notification on her homescreen that she has a BBM message. She hasn't opened it. Otherwise, you'd see the "R" after that.

If you're set to "unavailable" you'll still receieve the message notification on your homescreen. You won't have the alert as you have it set in your profiles though.

Either way, after about a minute of a message being delivered and not being read, the small clock will appear on the smiley face of the person you are messaging. It is cleared once the person opens up the message. Then you'll get the "R" on the checkmark.

There is also another way that the small clock icon can clear on the smiley without someone actually opening your message. If she decides to update her status on her BBM, the smiley face will clear but it doesn't mean she's opened the message. You'll see that when the "D" is still on the checkmark.

The default message on "contact info" while the small clock icon on the smiley face always says "busy."

BTW, if she has her BBM setup where messages can be viewed in her messages folder, she could still read at least the first line of whatever message you sent her in the previews of the messages folder withouth opening your message at least.
    03-31-09 07:24 PM
    Now that's a good explination...
    03-31-09 07:27 PM
    very good explanation.. thanks
    03-31-09 07:47 PM
    always wondered why i got the clock when sending to certain people, and how they could reply but didnt shiw as being read on my screen.
    03-31-09 09:49 PM
    I knew about the Busy thing on contacts. Good explination though.

Still doesnt solve why even though i have read the message it still says "D" to the person who sent it lol.

its seems like a common storm problem. Another guy i know also only has "D" all the time and he has the storm
    03-31-09 10:38 PM
    This happens to me from time to time. Usually battery pulls solve it.

03-31-09 11:25 PM
    Good info on the earlier post POE thnx...
    03-31-09 11:44 PM
    Battery pull didnt do anything... Could it be a storm glitch?
    04-04-09 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD