I was wondering how BBM interpreted being received and delivered. Is delivered when it reaches the other Blackberry? Is received when you actually click on the message in BBM? If so that means the icon will show on the home screen?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 11:16 PM
    I was wondering how BBM interpreted being received and delivered. Is delivered when it reaches the other Blackberry? Is received when you actually click on the message in BBM? If so that means the icon will show on the home screen?

D= Delivered R=Read means the person opened the Message and read! On the device and HE/SHE saw the message. So they cant tell you that you didnt send a PIN BB
    03-28-09 11:17 PM

Steve, I don't recall ever seeing it on the home screen as such.
    03-28-09 11:17 PM
    Steve, I don't recall ever seeing it on the home screen as such.
    R= READ
    10char
    03-28-09 11:21 PM
    R= READ
    10char
    No, what I am saying is that it may have something to do with my theme- each time I send a BBM, there's just a dot above my BBM icon.

Nothing ever on my home screen.
    03-28-09 11:35 PM
    The icon I was referring to may just be theme specific... I am not sure my question is fully answered yet.

If I open up Blackberry Messenger, and I have a new message I have not read, it's bold. When I click on it, is that when the R is given? I'm asking because you can see a preview of a message when you're talking to other contacts, and also the messages folder.

And the icon I was referring to may just be my theme.. If I have a bold, unseen message in BBM, I have an icon on my homescreen.

03-29-09 12:29 AM
    The icon I was referring to may just be theme specific... I am not sure my question is fully answered yet.

If I open up Blackberry Messenger, and I have a new message I have not read, it's bold. When I click on it, is that when the R is given? I'm asking because you can see a preview of a message when you're talking to other contacts, and also the messages folder.

And the icon I was referring to may just be my theme.. If I have a bold, unseen message in BBM, I have an icon on my homescreen.

Got'cha now. Yes, when you click on it, the R is given. Prior to that, the sender of the BBM will only see the D.

"You can see a preview of a message when you're talking to other contacts, and also the messages folder"..... correct, but the sender isn't going to receive the R until you've actually opened the message in BBM.

I just learned this one the other night. Hope that clears it up for you.
    03-29-09 02:29 AM
    i just noticed that! When you're talking to contact ' a' and contact' b' sends a message, the message contact ' b' sent is flashed on the bottom of the screen!

i love that feature!

04-18-09 08:03 AM
    i just noticed that! When you're talking to contact ' a' and contact' b' sends a message, the message contact ' b' sent is flashed on the bottom of the screen!

i love that feature!

Chrisy are you serious? I thought there wasnt anything you didn't know about a BB.
    04-18-09 08:27 AM
    lo it also tells u it contact b is typing something too.

and the "R" feature is for higher than 4.5.77, at least i never saw it on 77
    04-18-09 02:57 PM

i love that feature!

Are you new to BlackBerry?

04-18-09 03:00 PM
    Are you new to BlackBerry?

no, but u may be forever29 if u keep it up.. and i dont mean just in S/N

sorry, just had to answer this for ya Chrisy
    04-18-09 03:02 PM
    no, but u may be forever29 if u keep it up.. and i dont mean just in S/N

sorry, just had to answer this for ya Chrisy
    About to be 26 so again

04-18-09 03:06 PM
    And just so that I don't hijack this thread, I might as well add that some themes display an "A" as opposed to an "R."

A-Acknowledged which in BBM terms is the same as "Read." Just depends the theme.

04-18-09 03:08 PM
    Ooo I wondered what a was... I have seen post about it on here, but never seen it on myne.

04-18-09 03:14 PM
    Yea the r and d confused a while back. I like being able to see that a contact has read my message

04-18-09 03:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD