My 16GB media card isn't broken or anything. Recently I'm finding myself having to use a recovery software like Zero Assumption Recovery everyday, because my media card keeps getting an error, and then getting "repair failed" which = format. Is there a certain amount of space I should leave, or do I have too many files? I had 1GB left.
    03-15-12 09:54 PM
    Maybe a faulty media card? I've had a 8GB card and recently upgraded to a 32GB and never had an issue.

Is it a brand name?
    03-15-12 10:52 PM
    It's a Sandisk.
    03-15-12 10:53 PM
    Where did you purchase the card?

Are you certain that it is a genuine Sandisk card?

Many eBay sellers sell fake microSD cards. eBay.co.uk Guides - Fake MicroSD
    03-15-12 10:56 PM
    It's a Sandisk.
    hmm.. thats a good brand name.

Try to perform a repair on the Media Card using your Blackberry.

(OS 6.0) go to Options --> Device --> Storage. Click BB Menu button and choose repair.

See if that will help.

If that doesnt work, then only thing I can think of is thats its possibly a defective card. if its still under warranty, then contact the company for a replacement.

Cheers
    03-15-12 11:01 PM
    hmm.. thats a good brand name.

Try to perform a repair on the Media Card using your Blackberry.

(OS 6.0) go to Options --> Device --> Storage. Click BB Menu button and choose repair.

See if that will help.

If that doesnt work, then only thing I can think of is thats its possibly a defective card. if its still under warranty, then contact the company for a replacement.

Cheers
    Or it could be a fake card.

If it was from eBay, it could very well be fake.
    03-15-12 11:02 PM
    Repair failed. Now it's saying a media card has been inserted that needs formatting. It was from a store. I guess I have to keep putting up with it until I have time. Warranty is up to a year right?
    03-15-12 11:07 PM
    Or it could be a fake card.

If it was from eBay, it could very well be fake.
    Very possible
    03-15-12 11:08 PM
    There is free software available called H2testw that will determine if the microSD card is fake. The instructions on how to use the software are here.
    03-15-12 11:08 PM
    Repair failed. Now it's saying a media card has been inserted that needs formatting. It was from a store. I guess I have to keep putting up with it until I have time. Warranty is up to a year right?
    I am not sure what the warranty for sandisk is to be honest. sorry.

Do you have the anyway you can plug it directly into your computer? maybe you can repair and re-format it on your computer and re-insert it into your Blackberry.

If you have any issues formatting it using the builtin Windows/Mac utilities, then try a utility called SD Formatter v3.1. I've used it on a 4GB microsd that was showing as 2GB and it worked great.
    03-15-12 11:13 PM
    Is the PC formatting better? I tried to do it last time (not a quick format), but it failed. I can try again.
    03-15-12 11:25 PM
    Is the PC formatting better? I tried to do it last time (not a quick format), but it failed. I can try again.
    PC format utility is basic straight forward stuff, unless you get into the command line formatting, etc..

PC format could format the 4GB microSD I had that was showing as 2 GB. it would show under the Management console that its a 4GB microSD, but couldnt format more than 2GB. After I use the SD Formatter, it formatted the whole 4GB and then Windows was able to read the full 4GB.
    03-15-12 11:50 PM
    Seriously, what all obscure things do people find to put on RIM's door.

OP, there is some corrupt file on your media card. Nothing to do with BB.

The only way to correct this is to pop the card into one of those usb card readers and copy all data which can be copied. Then format the card. Also do this using a PC. Mac is no good for this sort of thing.
    03-16-12 12:09 AM
    PC format utility is basic straight forward stuff, unless you get into the command line formatting, etc..

PC format could format the 4GB microSD I had that was showing as 2 GB. it would show under the Management console that its a 4GB microSD, but couldnt format more than 2GB. After I use the SD Formatter, it formatted the whole 4GB and then Windows was able to read the full 4GB.
    Mine shows at 14GB, it did a full format this time. Last time it took over an hour and then said failed. Gonna do the long process of copying things back and see what happens. I used Zero Assumption Recovery again. The annoying thing with that program is that some things come up huge like 80GB, so sometimes I gotta check the actual folders (20+) and uncheck them.

Seriously, what all obscure things do people find to put on RIM's door.
    You mad bro? It was a question.
    Last edited by thebbnoob; 03-16-12 at 01:07 AM.
    03-16-12 01:05 AM
    Look at the way you framed the question bro.

Anyway if you try what I suggested it should be up and running.
    03-16-12 01:35 AM
    I bought. A SanDisk from Ebay that was a fake. Never worked right. Get a new disk from a good source.
    03-16-12 06:33 AM
    Mine shows at 14GB, it did a full format this time. Last time it took over an hour and then said failed. Gonna do the long process of copying things back and see what happens. I used Zero Assumption Recovery again. The annoying thing with that program is that some things come up huge like 80GB, so sometimes I gotta check the actual folders (20+) and uncheck them.

I'd suggest backing up your phontos and any data you have on your SD Card off of your BB, then install the SD Formatter utility and format the SD card. if you can pull of out of the BB and put it in a card reader when you do this then thats all much better to make sure you can a nice clean format on it.

Let us know how that goes.

Cheers
    03-16-12 08:36 AM
    Legit Kingston 32GB MICRO SDHC Memorycard Class4 and it's working like a charm. ''knocks on wood''
    03-16-12 08:38 AM
    this is a bit off topic, but the main reason i will most likely switch to BB 10 phone will be bc it will have all the functionality (if true to promises) as the iphone WITH expandable memory!

I hate the fact that if i want to add 4GB of music i have to delete 4GB, then re add the old ones and so on. WHY CANT I JUST SWITCH THE MEMORY CARD!
    03-16-12 08:40 AM
    this is a bit off topic, but the main reason i will most likely switch to BB 10 phone will be bc it will have all the functionality (if true to promises) as the iphone WITH expandable memory!

I hate the fact that if i want to add 4GB of music i have to delete 4GB, then re add the old ones and so on. WHY CANT I JUST SWITCH THE MEMORY CARD!
    03-16-12 08:41 AM
    Sound like the same issues you had in your last thread you started. Folks have giving you direction on how to fix it but you still don't get it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...failed-647308/
    03-16-12 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD