I am starting this thread on hope that Blackberry and also John Chen will do something in regards to their poor marketing.

We all know BBRY has some good technology and products but their lack of marketing makes BBRY obsolete in the minds of others.

There has been lack of support from sales rep/aasociate in most of the carriers/service providers that were listed as Blackberry Partner/Seller - not sure why?

Some operators doesnt even Advertise Blackberry!!!! When you walk in to a store i.e. Sales Rep and associate will sell you iPhone and/or Samsung and when you asked about Blackberry they will have this funny look at you!!! Some of the stores doesnt even display Blackberry product even after Blackberry made a change on their Passport to make it exclusive for ATT!!!

Overall, WHAT IS WRONG WITH BLACKBERRY MARKETING !!!!!
    04-19-15 05:34 AM
    They can't afford to market.

Samsung spends around $14billion in one year on marketing, that's like buying the entire BlackBerry company three times.

BlackBerry is fairly active on social media, facebook and twitter, followers in the millions. That's as far as the marketing goes. All other effort is used on direct selling to enterprise although, I do feel enterprise is just misdirection for something else...

We went from:
    Enterprise > consumer > "prosumer" > iOT > back to enterprise

The company does not have a clear focus, if their core values are not aligned, their message (marketing) definitely won't be if they can't nail down their target audience.

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 06:43 AM
    Why market to consumers when they are not your target? They have said consumers are not the target right now and people need to understand that. I'm sure they have people in contact with their target which is enterprise. If they start to do better in that space maybe we will see some advertising but until then why bother.
    04-19-15 06:50 AM