Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but BB's market share have been slipping pretty steadily across every market in the past right?? Well, according to this table in this website:

Kantar: Android global growth continues, WP rises in Europe - GSMArena.com news

It actually went up by a little bit in a few markets while continuing to fall in others. What's kind of interesting is that iOS seems to be dropping by more than BB in some places... Of course they are much higher to begin with, so more room to fall, duh, but still, kind of interesting... More interesting that one market where BB saw a slight bump was USA...
    06-06-14 03:41 AM
    Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but BB's market share have been slipping pretty steadily across every market in the past right?? Well, according to this table in this website:

Kantar: Android global growth continues, WP rises in Europe - GSMArena.com news

It actually went up by a little bit in a few markets while continuing to fall in others. What's kind of interesting is that iOS seems to be dropping by more than BB in some places... Of course they are much higher to begin with, so more room to fall, duh, but still, kind of interesting... More interesting that one market where BB saw a slight bump was USA...
    A very nice surprise in some places, but overall it's still decreasing (the meteoric fall in GB).

iOS fell because their lates iPhone was launched like 8 months ago and Android has a few recent flagship launches (S5, HTC ONE m8, LG G3).

Also Microsoft seems to be doing a good job with WP8 and has consolidated the 3rd place in the mobile war.
    06-06-14 04:06 AM
    A very nice surprise in some places, but overall it's still decreasing (the meteoric fall in GB).

iOS fell because their lates iPhone was launched like 8 months ago and Android has a few recent flagship launches (S5, HTC ONE m8, LG G3).

Also Microsoft seems to be doing a good job with WP8 and has consolidated the 3rd place in the mobile war.
    Which I don't understand, about WP... It's honestly a terrible OS, and that's not me being biased for BB. I've used all of them, and wouldn't blindly recommend BB to everyone, I could objectively gauge what would be best for people based on their own needs, not my own opinion, but I honestly cannot think of a single reason to recommend Windows Phone over ANY of the other options...
    sugbo likes this.
    06-06-14 04:16 AM
    Which I don't understand, about WP... It's honestly a terrible OS, and that's not me being biased for BB.
    Why?
    It's one really good OS, one of the fasted OS out there.
    Initially I've hated it (mostly because it killed Windows Mobile, was a huge fan of that OS).
    The simple UI with those transitions create such a enjoyable experience.
    Also the in-app performance is so smooth compared to other platforms (bb10 being the worst on this one these days). Just scroll in apps, invoke menus... fast and smooth.
    For example take Facebook app.

WP has more big players app. Still lacks way behind ios and android, but at the moment it's better than native bb10. The companies trust (ore started to trust) in WP

Also the live tiles! Damn, I hated them so much! But after a while I started to like them. Some sort of uniform widgets with no interaction. I would like to have something like that on bb10, without having to have an app opened and being limited to 8.

WP is not a resource (memory) hog, can run even with 512MB of RAM

The main cons of WP:
    - no real multitasking
    - no file manager (yet, they announced it will be coming) with a file picker to a global storage
    - poor email client (no match to the one found on bb10 or android, no option for attachment freedom )

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 04:36 AM
    Australia and USA.

Posted via CB for Z30
    06-06-14 04:57 AM
    Why?
    Initially I've hated it (mostly because it killed Windows Mobile, was a huge fan of that OS).
    Also the in-app performance is so smooth compared to other platforms (bb10 being the worst on this one these days). Just scroll in apps, invoke menus... fast and smooth.

WP has more big players app. Still lacks way behind ios and android, but at the moment it's better than native bb10. The companies trust (ore started to trust) in WP

Also the live tiles! Damn, I hated them so much! But after a while I started to like them. Some sort of uniform widgets with no interaction. I would like to have something like that on bb10, without having to have an app opened and being limited to 8.

The main cons of WP:
    - no real multitasking
    - no file manager (yet, they announced it will be coming) with a file picker to a global storage
    - poor email client (no match to the one found on bb10 or android, no option for attachment freedom )

Posted via CB10
    Did you actually read your cons? WP is a waste of time, and Windows 8 is a complete disaster from start to finish. The only reason WP is picking up 3rd place is due to the revenues MS has on past performance and the fact that they were first into the PC market. They have the advertising bucks. However, their performance is dismal as of late. Their pc's are slow, bloatware infested, and subject to malware, viruses on a daily basis. It's time we get a better OS.

Posted via CB10
    BriGuy19872015 likes this.
    06-06-14 05:48 AM
    Did you actually read your cons? WP is a waste of time, and Windows 8 is a complete disaster from start to finish. The only reason WP is picking up 3rd place is due to the revenues MS has on past performance and the fact that they were first into the PC market. They have the advertising bucks. However, their performance is dismal as of late. Their pc's are slow, bloatware infested, and subject to malware, viruses on a daily basis. It's time we get a better OS.

Posted via CB10
    They still do a better job than BB (actually anybody can do a better job than BB at promoting their OS). Also, your above post reflects the disadvantages of Windows 8 on a PC. WP8 (and soon 8.1) is actually really good. But there is no OS that everybody likes. Some don't like iOS, other hate Android, some don't enjoy the WP tiles. Just because you don't like it it doesn't mean it's a bad OS.
    06-06-14 06:26 AM
    They still do a better job than BB (actually anybody can do a better job than BB at promoting their OS). Also, your above post reflects the disadvantages of Windows 8 on a PC. WP8 (and soon 8.1) is actually really good. But there is no OS that everybody likes. Some don't like iOS, other hate Android, some don't enjoy the WP tiles. Just because you don't like it it doesn't mean it's a bad OS.
    Window 8.1 will not be much of an improvement. Windows is huge in the work force over the years. However, as they bloat it out, along with all the windows programs, it has become slow and prone to glitches. Their support for actually work related services is dismal. They have made the interface child like, they have oversized and overpopulated ribbons to do the simplest of tasks, your actual workspace is non existent. Yes this is the pc space, but it is the heart and soul of MS as a whole. WP has the advertising bucks, but they cannot break into the mobile space either, because they have failed to deliver a real efficient OS for many years now. At least BB10 has, they just don't have the advertising bucks.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 06:39 AM
    Why?

The main cons of WP:
    - no real multitasking

Posted via CB10
    Did you understand the cons that you wrote about windows? Why would anyone pick windows phone/WP8 over BlackBerry 10 device?
    This is just a waste of time, money and effort if you prefer wp8 over BlackBerry 10. Come on!

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 07:28 AM
    Did you understand the cons that you wrote about windows? Why would anyone pick windows phone/WP8 over BlackBerry 10 device?
    This is just a waste of time, money and effort if you prefer wp8 over BlackBerry 10. Come on!
    Yes I do. That's why I don't want to switch to Windows Phone: i want more freedom. But I consider there are people who don't need those features. For example the e-mail client. Works similar to iOS one: you can send different files from other apps BUT you cannot send within the e-mail client app.

Other than those cons I find WP very good, a joy to use actually. The animations, the customizable live tiles, the speed, in-app performance, more big native apps, better battery life management, better memory management.. are some valid points for WP over BB10.

The cons list applies to iOS too.. So it's a waste of time if you prefer iOS over BB10?
    Depending what you need the most.

Every OS has its strong and weak points.
    06-06-14 07:53 AM
    Why?

The main cons of WP:
    - no real multitasking

Posted via CB10
    I switch from a Macbook to Windows due to budget and support for all of the charity work that Bill and Melinda Gates are doing especially for education, being a parent.

My laptop, after years of being with a Mac, surprised me in a lot of ways. Having said that, there are some aspects of Windows that does drive me mad. The endless updates is one. We had Windows 8 at work and it was not a pleasure to work with and had some kinks to iron out.

I don't mind the Windows experience confined to my laptop at work and home. But not to carry around with me as my daily driver. But again, I wish them well.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    06-06-14 09:18 AM
    Which I don't understand, about WP... It's honestly a terrible OS, and that's not me being biased for BB. I've used all of them, and wouldn't blindly recommend BB to everyone, I could objectively gauge what would be best for people based on their own needs, not my own opinion, but I honestly cannot think of a single reason to recommend Windows Phone over ANY of the other options...
    if you're a company with that needs custom apps and are tightly tied into the Microsoft stack and have a lot of C# / .Net programmers on staff. Though I'm a C# / .Net programmer and I wouldn't touch one.
    06-06-14 10:16 AM
    I know what ever metric is used Blackberry is in trouble, but I always wonder why they follow market share so much, why don't talk more about the number of phones sold. Seems to be that would show more useful information for a company than market share.
    06-06-14 10:29 AM
    Which I don't understand, about WP... I think It's honestly a terrible OS, and that's not me being biased for BB. I've used all of them, and wouldn't blindly recommend BB to everyone, I could objectively gauge what would be best for people based on their own needs, not my own opinion, but I honestly cannot think of a single reason to recommend Windows Phone over ANY of the other options...but what makes me right and a Windows Phone fan wrong?
    Fixed that for you
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    06-06-14 11:38 AM
    The chart at that link needs to be saved, and used as a response on every single "When will so-and-so company release a native BlackBerry 10 app?" post on these forums.
    06-06-14 11:43 AM
    Why?

The main cons of WP:
    - no real multitasking

Posted via CB10
    Don't get me started. How about those tiny little unlabeled icons throughout the OS? You literally have to try them to know what they do, and for someone like my mother who isn't a real techy person, that's a bit intimidating to do. And let's not forget the annoying fact that when you receive a call, you actually have to unlock your screen before you can answer the call. Really? Since when has picking up a phone call been a 2 step process?? Increasing the font would kind of imply the user has bad eye-sight right? Yet, those teeny tiny icons I mentioned, stay teeny tiny no matter what font size you pick...

Then there's that annoying search button that's in the worst place possible since it takes you completely out of where you are to open up a bing search, at least put it in the middle where it's harder to accidentally touch...

In the phone app, switching between the call info and dialer screen is not at all intuitive, none of the controls there are intuitive, the dial pad icon is a small unlabeled icon mixed in with a bunch of other small unlabeled icons. The end call icon is on top of all of these little unlabeled icons and you have to press different places switching from the call info to dial pad and back. An intuitive method would either treat them like different pages, have their icons side by side so you feel like you're flipping from one screen to the next. But no, it's just mixed in there...

And I don't know if they changed this, but those live tiles they make such a huge fuss about, backup and restore of the phone doesn't save that arrangement. So if you have to switch phones, either between the same model if let's say your phone gets damaged or whatever and you get a new one, or you upgrade to a better Lumia, you have to redo all of those tiles again...

Then there's just the little things about the OS. Like trying to save pictures you receive, I remember my mom had the hardest time with it, and when I tried it, I think you can't just save it from the preview from the conversation view like you can with BB10, you had to open it to full size first, then you long press to save image right? I just remember it was more complicated than it needed to be.

It doesn't handle normal voicemails at all it seems. It'll do visual voice mail, but if your service doesn't have visual voicemail, every time you click on that teeny tiny voicemail icon to go to your voicemail it'll show a prompt asking for your visual voicemail password and you can't make it go away... I don't think my mother gets notified for any of her voicemails. When I plugged the sim into the Z10 I got her, there was like 200 voicemails unchecked, lol. Plug it into her Lumia 521 and it shows none...

And sending texts, the text input box along with the keyboard takes up like 85% of the screen, literally. You have this tiny little slither of space to look at the old conversation... Perhaps this is a problem with all touchscreens and I'm spoiled by my physical keyboard phone, but I don't remember it being like that using an iphone, android, or the Z10...

Anyway, I could go on, it's just not a very intuitive phone, and a lack of a file manager is pretty bad too, although a "pure" android phone also lacks that, but there are like 400000 apps for that function alone...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10?
    06-06-14 12:37 PM
    if you're a company with that needs custom apps and are tightly tied into the Microsoft stack and have a lot of C# / .Net programmers on staff. Though I'm a C# / .Net programmer and I wouldn't touch one.
    I can understand this, but what about the general consumer??

06-06-14 01:23 PM
    Fixed that for you
    Oh you're so clever *pat on back*

06-06-14 01:24 PM
    Seems a slick, quite intuitive OS to me. I like it far more than Android/iOS.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 02:05 PM
    Wow those numbers for BlackBerry are awful.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 02:31 PM
    I like win 7 very much, but i,ve tease with some WPS and I agree, it's a really annoying OS.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-14 02:56 PM