Just wondering where Blackberry maps has gone?? no longer on apps and has disappeared from my torch completely. Have read some other posts which had a link to a 'bbmapslauncher' which when dowloaded appeared on my screen but could not run ??!!

Any help or suggestions?

Thanks in advance
    06-04-11 07:32 AM
    Ummmmmm is your BB Maps icon hidden?????
    If you think so try this
    Open BB Menu
    Click show all icons..........
    Hope this worked if not PM me.......

Blackberry Themes And News

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-11 08:55 AM
    Thanks for bringing attention to the maps feature. I never even knew I had it, as I usually use Sprint Navigation, but the maps is nice, too! I just tried mine and moved it out of the unused folder.

06-04-11 10:27 AM
    hiya,

i do not have the option to 'show all icons' so i take it i have non hidden. Any places you'd recommend me looking on my BB to find it ??
    06-04-11 01:58 PM
    Although I don't see it anymore as well, BB no longer is going to support it for long. They'll soon be using BING's maps.
    Although you can see it in your device apps management. It has disappeared from my homescreen, although stiil works. I use Vlingo to open it now.

06-04-11 05:04 PM
    I think you should use Blackberry Desktop Manager to add the app using the applications menu in the software!

06-05-11 11:31 AM
    Although I don't see it anymore as well, BB no longer is going to support it for long. They'll soon be using BING's maps.
    Although you can see it in your device apps management. It has disappeared from my homescreen, although stiil works. I use Vlingo to open it now.

AT&T blocks BB Maps. Using a 3rd-party app like Vlingo or QuickLaunch will open it. Otherwise, try the tips in this thread.

This thread also provides tips for AT&T customers.

It should not be an issue for folks whose carrier is not AT&T.
    Last edited by lak611; 06-05-11 at 12:26 PM. Reason: added another link
    06-05-11 12:25 PM
    Ive a Torch. On some of the earlier os versions BB Maps wasnt there. Downloaded the new version os and its there. Show all should be on the torch. Go to all page. HIghlight any of the apps on that page then press the BB button. You will have a drop down menu appear. Show all will be an option there. Hope that helps
    06-06-11 01:49 AM
    still no 'show all' option....may try the desktop manager way
    06-08-11 11:20 AM
    you can always try reinstalling it... go to mobile.blackberry.com and install it OTA... my brother had the same issue after upgrading to OS 6, his blackberry appworld vanished... reinstalling it worked
    06-09-11 06:17 AM
    you can always try reinstalling it... go to mobile.blackberry.com and install it OTA... my brother had the same issue after upgrading to OS 6, his blackberry appworld vanished... reinstalling it worked
    Even if you connect to desktop manager and click on Aplications mare likely it will be there available to install. Sometimes an OS upgrade doesn't install everything automatically, last one I did it did though and I had to delete lots of them, IM clients and games etc.

06-09-11 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD