I've tried Nav4All and wasn't a fan but I do like the setup of Blackberry Maps. However, even in navigation mode it does not speak the directions to me. Is there anyway to get Blackberry Maps to say directions outloud? Thanks
    09-10-09 02:36 AM
    The short and sweet answer is No. I have heard that VZ Navigator works great, but it's like 10 bucks a month though.
    09-10-09 02:53 AM
    Its 15 a month, and if you do any traveling at all, its well worth it. I couldn't do without it.
    09-10-09 02:55 AM
    Garmin is a fantastic alternative to VZ Nav. I used the trial on VZ nav and Garmin and they are pretty much one in the same. They are both awesome apps, but Garmin is $99 for life with a one-time free switch if you change phones. Well worth it imo.
    09-10-09 08:40 AM
    Garmin is a fantastic alternative to VZ Nav. I used the trial on VZ nav and Garmin and they are pretty much one in the same. They are both awesome apps, but Garmin is $99 for life with a one-time free switch if you change phones. Well worth it imo.
    If you purchase Garmin Mobile through the Owners Lounge, you can get it for $79.

The only free options are Nav4All (until the end of the year when they will start to charge) or AmazeGPS. There are a few other free options (LifeInPocket, Google Maps) but they don't have voice-guided directions.
    09-10-09 12:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD