why does it say on the blackberry maps download page that it will not work for AT&T? does AT&T not offer a gps package maybe?
    01-27-09 03:35 PM
    AT&T want's you to have to pay for their AT&T Navigator. Though I thought that you could still use the BB Maps on an AT&T device. I know Verizon locks it to just using their own GPS software. I can ask my father to check his BB Bold and let me know...
    01-28-09 09:54 AM
    I was having the same issue, here is what I've found.
    After upgrading OS's on my Bold, I had loaded BB Maps on there, and couldn't find it anywhere, but it would show up in my applications list. After a bit of frustration, and reading the same things you did, I was able to get it working with a quick fix. As it turns out, AT&T themes that are built into the device block the BB Maps program from displaying. The fix was to download a 3rd party them (I downloaded the Today theme for free from this forum), and once I set it as my them, I could see the Icon for BB Maps, and it's fully functional.

I copied this from the Crackberry AT&T forum. So cheers to whoever I stole it from.
    01-28-09 10:01 AM
    I was having the same issue, here is what I've found.
    After upgrading OS's on my Bold, I had loaded BB Maps on there, and couldn't find it anywhere, but it would show up in my applications list. After a bit of frustration, and reading the same things you did, I was able to get it working with a quick fix. As it turns out, AT&T themes that are built into the device block the BB Maps program from displaying. The fix was to download a 3rd party them (I downloaded the Today theme for free from this forum), and once I set it as my them, I could see the Icon for BB Maps, and it's fully functional.

I copied this from the Crackberry AT&T forum. So cheers to whoever I stole it from.
    Not true for everyone. I tried that on my Pearl 8120 and it doesn't work...unless it's not for every theme.
    01-28-09 01:42 PM
    As I said, I merely copied it from another section of the forums. I haven't received a response back yet from my father about his Bold.
    01-28-09 02:23 PM
    How is BB Maps? Isn't google maps better anyway?
    01-28-09 10:28 PM
    I've only looked real quick at the Google maps ... seems like I will enjoy it...however, P***** me off that I bought a BB and can't use BB MAPS! Does that seem right???!!!
    01-28-09 10:31 PM
    I've only looked real quick at the Google maps ... seems like I will enjoy it...however, P***** me off that I bought a BB and can't use BB MAPS! Does that seem right???!!!
    doesn't seem right at all. you'd think they would let you utilize EVERYTHING on your phone, but oh no, they're greedy morons about it.

google maps is ftw
    01-28-09 11:41 PM
    I tried the Corkberry theme and i still do not have BB Maps....Very Frustrating.

Any other tips

Raptor
    01-29-09 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD