Dear all..bought my 1st BB after checking with u guys ,its a bold..but when i used the GPS ..it says no data on India where i am..is there anyway i can get india maps on my bold,,,please help
    06-03-09 09:26 AM
    hey bro,I'm in India too, which city are you from..and i don't think BB maps are going to work here..anyways for GPS i have download this software called MGMaps and have installed Mumbai maps on it..it works perfectly fine but just that the refresh rate is a bit slow..works fine for me though..u can search it up on these forums..
    06-04-09 05:14 AM
    Google Maps probably works in India, it works in many other countries. But you have to be sure GPS Services is set to Location On. Go to Options, Advanced Options, GPS. I guess also set Location Aiding to Enabled.
    Last edited by don.new; 06-04-09 at 07:33 AM.
    06-04-09 07:29 AM
    hi guys.;.thanks for the prompt replies...in pondicherry actually...google maps works but i am not able to use the GPS while opening google maps, will try the other option of the MG Maps and see..thanks
    06-10-09 01:15 AM
    I have similar issue with my 8820, I am based at New Delhi, India. I am not able to receive GPS Location, i tried under clear sky but device is not able to find its LAT/LONG. I have installed MGMaps app on my device and MGMaps is also not able to read my coordinate.

Any issue with GPS device or setting? My settings are
    GPS Data Source: Device GPS
    GPS Service: Location ON
    Location Aiding : Disbaled
    06-10-09 06:47 AM
    Remember, it can take ten or 20 minutes to find satellites the first time. After that, it usually takes less than a minute.
    06-10-09 12:33 PM
    Thanks for the help, to my surprise I was able to receive satellite signal outside my office today. I had tried the same spot yesterday and waited around 10 minutes to get some +ve result with no luck.

Now I am atleast sure that my GPS chip is working and it is something wrong with signal or strength in which it can receive.

Note: I activated BIS service and data plan yesterday night. And I know this has nothing to do with GPS LAT/LONG detection.
    06-11-09 12:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD