Um ya on that iPhone I just purchased
    I'm not sure I can stick with it, I bought it because there's a few apps I needed to be sure I would have.
    One of them and the most important was being able to have credit card processing on my phone, Evan though the android pay pal app is currently working on my BlackBerry z30 I'm worried that down the road it may not.
    The other ones are Facebook and The facebook pages manager
    The android Facebook page manager currently works and as we all know the blackberry Facebook app is not very good
    Those are the current ones I need.

But after using ( just trying to get comfortable with it) the iPhone for a couple days I'm not sure if I can stick with it
    I keep telling myself it's just too be used for the business phone and credit card processing and Facebook page manager
    And nothing more.

But wow email completely sucks
    Texting or just entering text sucks
    Trying to edit your text sucks
    The overall speed of the phone is unimpressive
    Trying to find your way around wile inside an app sucks
    Value of phone in relation of actual cost I can't believe I spent that much on it
    If you have to many apps open in the background the phone starts bogging down very noticeably.
    I'm not sure if I will be keeping it.

Posted via CB10
    Shush! Not so loud! You will draw the ire of the other fanatics, Everything you said is the TRUTH with respect to IOS but many are blind to the facts. How is that button working out for you? After using BlackBerry 10, ALL other OS es feel quite antiquated and lack fluidity . Hey but they got the apps and fans!

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 11:50 AM
    Nice comments. Do I concur.
    As a new and outsider to BlackBerry not sure of the discussions blackberry have taken.

I have been an apple follower since 07. Eight years on really what's change.

I have moved over to BlackBerry with a classic in my hand using the best OS, software, keyboard, the Hub, call quality and the list goes on and on.

I am running BlackBerry world amazon and Google play apps without any problems.

I ask anyone. Where is blackberry marketing? Why move to android? How can you be so ahead in your products and so behind in the market place.

This classic is in my opinion one the best. Can you walk into a telco in Australia a get one. The answer is NO

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 10:15 PM
    BlackBerry may be ahead in functionality of the OS, but that isn't enough anymore. I can't check sports scores with an app anymore. I can't download my local newspaper's app. I can't download the app to control my cable. I can't download the emergency app from my employer. I can't download the work apps I need like our travel service provider. We are getting left behind.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-15 11:40 PM
    BlackBerry may be ahead in functionality of the OS, but that isn't enough anymore. I can't check sports scores with an app anymore. I can't download my local newspaper's app. I can't download the app to control my cable. I can't download the emergency app from my employer. I can't download the work apps I need like our travel service provider. We are getting left behind.

Posted via CB10
    Gee, I get all my scores from the mobile websites for the sports league. Works great. I check my newspapers website. I don't need to pull out my phone to change the channel. I have a remote for that. I have yet to run into a situation where I needed an app to get the stuff on a daily basis.
    10-12-15 01:18 AM
    Gee, I get all my scores from the mobile websites for the sports league. Works great. I check my newspapers website. I don't need to pull out my phone to change the channel. I have a remote for that. I have yet to run into a situation where I needed an app to get the stuff on a daily basis.
    Just because you have not had any issues does not automatically mean everyone else has not. I have found that many sites that have updated to html5 now freeze in my browser including ESPN. My newspaper provides an app with a constantly updated "things to do" which is not a standard section on their webpage. Comcast lets you set your DVR remotely which is nice if you forget to record something while out of the house.

I don't understand why someone has to justify that they wish their phone was capable of more. Everywhere I turn, there is a new app coming out for something, either for personal or professional use, that would make things easier during the day. It's not just about playing games anymore. It's about apps that allow convenience for things at home and work. And as services, appliances, and companies get more advanced, more apps will or recently have come out that won't work with or are not available for OS10. Things like connecting with your alarm system to view your cameras (available now) to getting data directly beamed to your phone from equipment in a research lab (which is also available now). I went to a conference and couldn't create a personalized schedule because there was no BB10 app. Even our grocery store has an app that let's you digitally load coupons to your account. This simply just saves time and effort.

Believe me, I used to pride myself on having a BlackBerry. I said I didn't need any apps. Then I saw how my wife could easily and quickly do some personal and professional things on her Galaxy. So I tried sideloading, using Amazon apps, and hunting for apks. All I ended up with were many apps that were slow, didn't work, did not have complete functionality, or froze during use. Even worse, they don't shut down and really drain the battery. So every morning I had to use Ghost Commander to make sure the Android apps were really closed so my battery would last. That gets really old and bothersome after a few weeks. And then came a recent vacation where my wife had to bail us out twice with driving directions because BlackBerry Maps was trying to drive us through a blocked off construction site. Google Maps knew it was there and put us on the official detour.

Similar to many people on these forums , my life is busy and hectic with work and family. I could make things just a bit easier by saving myself some time and providing convenience with something besides OS10 at this point in my life.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Emaderton3; 10-12-15 at 08:13 AM.
    10-12-15 06:31 AM
    How many of those keyboard add on's have you seen when you're out and about??, I have never seen one,

Posted via CB10
    Uummm.....maybe because typo has been barred for copyright infringements http://crackberry.com/judge-orders-t...ting-sales-bar, that one was the only one that ever made any sense for obvious reasons
    10-13-15 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry does have a solid O/S with BB10.

To survive BlackBerry needs to moniker their devices as a 'communicative' device. This means high quality hardware, solid productivity suites, strong information suites (news, economics, politics/legislation, government programs, including financial programs, management programs, transportation programs, and above all high security.

BlackBerry 10+ can do that in effectively. BlackBerry needs to find that niche sweet point. To attempt to mimic Android, IOS or even Microsoft, I think is the wrong approach. Why do I think there is an opportunity?

Working folk at many levels are now immersed with the need for information, with the ability to create, with the effective means to manage a host of activities/planning, and a sense of using a quality sustainable upgradable device to do that. My sense is that such folk types exist in tens of millions.

Android is all is all over the map with incomplete programs, with devices that OEMS just never upgrade, with questionable security, with a sense that such must emulate mass production and cheap crappy hardware. IOS is propriety with a large initial cost and ongoing cost. Both Android and IOS promote Bloat ware & and in my opinion are inefficient.

BlackBerry has done a great design job with both the Passport and the Priv. BlackBerry needs to enhance the hardware beyond the rest. Technology clearly allows large memory for ram, programs. Mobile device CPU/GPU technology is advancing, telecommunication technology is also moving quickly forward. BlackBerry needs to exploit these opportunities and BlackBerry 10 can deal with such well.

BlackBerry needs to get back to innovation, quality and sales promotion. The tools exist, the direction is missing.

 BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    10-13-15 04:45 PM
    BlackBerry does have a solid O/S with BB10.

To survive BlackBerry needs to moniker their devices as a 'communicative' device. This means high quality hardware, solid productivity suites, strong information suites (news, economics, politics/legislation, government programs, including financial programs, management programs, transportation programs, and above all high security.

BlackBerry 10+ can do that in effectively. BlackBerry needs to find that niche sweet point. To attempt to mimic Android, IOS or even Microsoft, I think is the wrong approach. Why do I think there is an opportunity?

Working folk at many levels are now immersed with the need for information, with the ability to create, with the effective means to manage a host of activities/planning, and a sense of using a quality sustainable upgradable device to do that. My sense is that such folk types exist in tens of millions.

Android is all is all over the map with incomplete programs, with devices that OEMS just never upgrade, with questionable security, with a sense that such must emulate mass production and cheap crappy hardware. IOS is propriety with a large initial cost and ongoing cost. Both Android and IOS promote Bloat ware & and in my opinion are inefficient.

BlackBerry has done a great design job with both the Passport and the Priv. BlackBerry needs to enhance the hardware beyond the rest. Technology clearly allows large memory for ram, programs. Mobile device CPU/GPU technology is advancing, telecommunication technology is also moving quickly forward. BlackBerry needs to exploit these opportunities and BlackBerry 10 can deal with such well.

BlackBerry needs to get back to innovation, quality and sales promotion. The tools exist, the direction is missing.

 BlackBerry Passport SE on Rogers in Victoria BC Canada to CB 10
    Isn't that where BlackBerry started with all this? Secure communication device? Isn't that why some governments and companies adopted BB10? The apps are still a killer, especially if they are limited as you suggest. Many people would prefer carrying one phone, so it needs to have the ability to fulfill all their needs regardless of how trivial others would view these needs.

And given the market share of Android, I don't hear users that I know complaining about how cheap their phones are or the bloatware. I am not saying it isn't an issue to some but rather the vast majority don't care. Their non-BB phones in many cases let them be productive both professionally and personally. Passport won awards but was not a hit. There is a greater issue here.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and TGR1 like this.
    10-14-15 06:21 AM
    And your opinion is flawed. They have tried everything over yhe past 3-4 years to get this to fly. Time to let it go.
    DrBoomBotz and JeepBB like this.
    10-14-15 09:00 AM
    Too many here still think like Mike and Jim did: enhanced pager = ultimate communication tool. Email, messages, and news, RSS feeds are now only a small subset of how we communicate. If they were a feature phone would be ample.

Business or enterprise communications aren't so limited either. For some companies those may be all that is required but business areas are incredibly varied. In addition to popular consumer apps a platform needs to be able help provide and deploy company-specific apps, whether down at the foundations or user-facing.

Btw this is an area that MS has a huge potential advantage over BBRY. They are really experienced in SaaS to corporate clients and cloud services. Their hardware is still struggling but they are very busy giving quality apps on iOS and Android (their Office suite on iOS is really quite good) so they are a major player. MS also has the advantage of having resources to play the long game.

BBRY hardware may be wonderful. Their software may be wonderful. But mobile computing is bigger than a handset and an OS now and BBRY is lacking everywhere else. Look at the list of successful players — they are diversified to an enormous degree. It's been said that had BBRY gotten BB10 out early enough things would have been very different but I am not entirely convinced. They would have healthier but I still think they would have languished like MS because 1) they don't seem to have great long range planning and 2) have never had their fingers in big enough pies. Once the computing giants essentially took over they changed the rules.
    Troy Tiscareno and JeepBB like this.
    10-14-15 09:07 AM
    give me a break! the z30 faster than the IP6s ..lol
    LOL for sure.
    10-15-15 07:11 PM
    You may be able to get by with a browser, but you're willing to tolerate having to only use a browser for certain tasks. Not everyone is willing to do that, and why should they if they have apps available for what they want to do?
    10-16-15 09:28 AM
    Just because you have not had any issues does not automatically mean everyone else has not. I have found that many sites that have updated to html5 now freeze in my browser including ESPN. My newspaper provides an app with a constantly updated "things to do" which is not a standard section on their webpage. Comcast lets you set your DVR remotely which is nice if you forget to record something while out of the house. Posted via CB10
    I have yet to have a single HTML 5 website freeze. Please provide examples.
    10-16-15 09:36 AM
    You may be able to get by with a browser, but you're willing to tolerate having to only use a browser for certain tasks. Not everyone is willing to do that, and why should they if they have apps available for what they want to do?
    Yes. Many people will not be able to get by. I am just saying that for me, I haven't missed anything and have all the apps I currently need.
    10-16-15 09:38 AM
    Yes. Many people will not be able to get by. I am just saying that for me, I haven't missed anything and have all the apps I currently need.
    That's awesome for you but how does that help BlackBerry and it's .3% marketshare for BB10?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 09:44 AM
    BlackBerry never gave bb10 a chance. They gave up feet the z lined. And never released a phone that any one would really want I wonder if the priv had bb10 how well it would sell

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 09:47 AM
    I have yet to have a single HTML 5 website freeze. Please provide examples.
    My two main ones, CNN and ESPN, become unresponsive after about a minute. And then I cannot even go to any other page or create a new tab. I always have to shut it down.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 09:53 AM
    BlackBerry never gave bb10 a chance. They gave up feet the z lined. And never released a phone that any one would really want I wonder if the priv had bb10 how well it would sell

Posted via CB10
    As bad as the Passport and the Leap have sold. Not enough people want BB10. Just accept the problem is BB10's lack of app ecosystem.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 09:53 AM
    Question, could BB10 be configured to run Microsoft apps? Could that save BB10?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 09:57 AM
    Question, could BB10 be configured to run Microsoft apps? Could that save BB10?

Posted via CB10
    Because there's just so many apps for Microsoft?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 10:00 AM
    My two main ones, CNN and ESPN, become unresponsive after about a minute. And then I cannot even go to any other page or create a new tab. I always have to shut it down.

Posted via CB10
    /OT
    Speaking of websites, in terms of performance mobile Crackberry is a lot better than the full site. On my PC and iPad it is quite badly behaved (long running scripts, unresponsive --> kills Explorer and Safari dead) but on the phone it works very well.
    10-16-15 10:02 AM
    That's awesome for you but how does that help BlackBerry and it's .3% marketshare for BB10?

Posted via CB10
    An over priced, Google dependent, Android phone isn't going to make that market share any better. Our company will no longer buy phones from BlackBerry after buying hundreds in the past because of this move. BlackBerry has lost us as a customer. And after moving to BES12, we won't be upgrading to any newer versions as there are other solutions out there that are better at handling non-BB phones. BlackBerry had a niche and they gave it away.
    10-16-15 10:02 AM
    /OT
    Speaking of websites, in terms of performance mobile Crackberry is a lot better than the full site. On my PC and iPad it is quite badly behaved (long running scripts, unresponsive --> kills Explorer and Safari dead) but on the phone it works very well.
    Yes, believe it or not, even the OLD CB app on the Playbook runs much faster than the full site on my PC.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-16-15 10:05 AM
    Yaa BB10 is one of the best OS. Many of you may agree and Its my personal opinion that its far better than any other OS. They should stick with BB10 only.

Arjun Butola
    10-16-15 10:09 AM
    An over priced, Google dependent, Android phone isn't going to make that market share any better. Our company will no longer buy phones from BlackBerry after buying hundreds in the past because of this move. BlackBerry has lost us as a customer. And after moving to BES12, we won't be upgrading to any newer versions as there are other solutions out there that are better at handling non-BB phones. BlackBerry had a niche and they gave it away.
    They are losing money in this niche. There is no future serving you or your company in the current business model. This hopefully will change in the future. Don't worry it's not your company, it's BlackBerry. They'll probably contact your company under the name "Good".

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 10:15 AM
105 ... 2345