Who said they're giving up on BB10...?

:-D

�   Ahoy, Privateers...! :-)   �
    10-07-15 04:58 PM
    I guess a better way to say it is that development is dead. sure, my Symbian n8 is still alive and kicking, but development stopped a long time ago. same with your device, the phone will still be alive but there will probably be no more development for it. it's all speculation though, until blackberry makes an official statement, so there might be a possibility that they continue with os10

Sent from my ASUS_Z008D using Tapatalk
    Not sure what else has to be developed for it, but regardless, I don't think a ceo promised you symbian 8.3.3 in March 2016.

BTW, I was responding to a post stating BlackBerry said that bb10 was dead.

Clicked from my Q5 using my thumbs.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 05:13 PM
    Bottom line Right now blackberry is to unreliable and un stable.

As much as I like my BlackBerry phone I'm done spending money with blackberry it's like throwing if away. Buy a bunch of apps a year later o we are sorry but we're going to be dropping os10 thanks for being a test dummy by the way, o and would you like to be a test dummy for our new Android blackberry. Pass I'll let everyone else test the waters this time.

Posted via CB10
    Allanon89 likes this.
    10-07-15 05:27 PM
    Bottom line Right now blackberry is to unreliable and un stable.

As much as I like my BlackBerry phone I'm done spending money with blackberry it's like throwing if away. Buy a bunch of apps a year later o we are sorry but we're going to be dropping os10 thanks for being a test dummy by the way, o and would you like to be a test dummy for our new Android blackberry. Pass I'll let everyone else test the waters this time.

Posted via CB10
    Could the Priv be wiped and reloaded with a generic Android? I am just wondering what would happen if I bought it but it failed.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-15 07:03 PM
    Could the Priv be wiped and reloaded with a generic Android? I am just wondering what would happen if I bought it but it failed.

Posted via CB10
    depends. if blackberry allows for bootloader unlocking (which I highly doubt) then yes, you could install cyanogenmod, pac, AOSP, or any custom rom out there.

Sent from my ASUS_Z008D using Tapatalk
    10-07-15 11:43 PM
    For what it is worth, I saw two this week - the original versions before the company was sued.
    10-08-15 02:10 AM
    BlackBerry can try developing BlackBerry 10 further but in the industry money speaks, and the money is in Android right now.

BlackBerry didn't go Android because they want to, but because they have to. Chen recognized that people want apps, and the only way to get apps is by getting Google Play Services. There's no way around that

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    European Commission is currently investigating whether or not Google has violated any antitrust laws by forcing OHA members to include GApps and GMS on Android devices. The FCC has now picked up the charge and is investigating the same here in the U.S. Unlike Europe, The iPhone dominates the U.S. so the FCC may find they are not violating anything. Meaning: they can do what they want because iPhone wins here. And now Russia not only took up the cause but also pretty much told Google to f off.

Then there is China, where Google is kinda not allowed. Many Android handsets sold in China are fragmented versions of the OS, with some being so fragmented they no longer look like an Android OS.

That is the future of Android and that is where the money is speaking. The OHA is a joke, members are waiting to leave, and Google has lost control over Android despite being its owner and "lead manager". The future is Google making deals directly with individual handsets, not the entire vendor.

Chen is on record saying , �If our plan of doing the BlackBerry Android implementation works well and the security is accepted, of course we could replace or merge�. Get that, replace or merge.

Love it or not, RIM/BlackBerry has spentat least the last 6 years investing in BB10. It does not matter if it failed or not, that is a lot of time, resources, and money spent that NO ONE is going to let get locked in a back closet and forgot about. Chen is not going to let that go to waste. All of that effort with BB10 is worth something and if anything it will be parted out if ultimately needed be otherwise it is most likely to make its way into a more "pure" BB10/Android hybrid if the Android Priv sells well.

BlackBerry went Android because of their partnership with Samsung (Knox) and later partnership with Google. The Priv is a business/enterprise phone meant for those who carry a BB handset for the keyboard and another Android handset for the apps. This information is all over the place and even Chen himself has said it. This is not meant to be a consumer device. When BES12 was released it was, and is, cross platform yet many still believe it is something meant only for BB10 handsets. That is why BB partnered with Samsung; to show how Knox works with BES12. That is why BB partnered with Google; to show how Android works with BES12. That is why we have the Priv.
    10-08-15 02:11 AM
    European Commission is currently investigating whether or not Google has violated any antitrust laws by forcing OHA members to include GApps and GMS on Android devices. The FCC has now picked up the charge and is investigating the same here in the U.S. Unlike Europe, The iPhone dominates the U.S. so the FCC may find they are not violating anything. Meaning: they can do what they want because iPhone wins here. And now Russia not only took up the cause but also pretty much told Google to f off.

Then there is China, where Google is kinda not allowed. Many Android handsets sold in China are fragmented versions of the OS, with some being so fragmented they no longer look like an Android OS.

That is the future of Android and that is where the money is speaking. The OHA is a joke, members are waiting to leave, and Google has lost control over Android despite being its owner and "lead manager". The future is Google making deals directly with individual handsets, not the entire vendor.

Chen is on record saying , �If our plan of doing the BlackBerry Android implementation works well and the security is accepted, of course we could replace or merge�. Get that, replace or merge.

Love it or not, RIM/BlackBerry has spentat least the last 6 years investing in BB10. It does not matter if it failed or not, that is a lot of time, resources, and money spent that NO ONE is going to let get locked in a back closet and forgot about. Chen is not going to let that go to waste. All of that effort with BB10 is worth something and if anything it will be parted out if ultimately needed be otherwise it is most likely to make its way into a more "pure" BB10/Android hybrid if the Android Priv sells well.

BlackBerry went Android because of their partnership with Samsung (Knox) and later partnership with Google. The Priv is a business/enterprise phone meant for those who carry a BB handset for the keyboard and another Android handset for the apps. This information is all over the place and even Chen himself has said it. This is not meant to be a consumer device. When BES12 was released it was, and is, cross platform yet many still believe it is something meant only for BB10 handsets. That is why BB partnered with Samsung; to show how Knox works with BES12. That is why BB partnered with Google; to show how Android works with BES12. That is why we have the Priv.
    The Priv may be a business phone, but it is also the most attractive option they have released in a while for consumers due to the availability of apps.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 05:55 AM
    If you're happy with apps selection currently, then there's no stress ahead.
    Whatever they decide with BB10, you'll be able to enjoy your current/next device for years before there will be any issue.
    OP's has technical constraints with land/internet/payment terminal and made his choice accordingly. We all have to make choices some day.
    10-08-15 08:59 AM
    As far as apps apple doesn't need Google play services to have apps.
    But they have them anyway:

Use Google services? Your iPhone may work better than an Android device | ZDNet
    10-08-15 09:02 AM
    You're just way more likely to see a McDonald's commercial than a Jimmy's Burgers commercial. The reason is obvious and it's not the fault of Jimmy's Burgers' marketing department (I made that company up btw). Some companies have vastly more money than others to spend on marketing.
    What are you talking about, Jimmy's Burgers (Los Angeles) are far better than MacDonalds! And it is only a matter of time before eveyone comes to realize this and they will take over the fast food business. Blackberry should take note.
    MmmHmm and Kurdis Blough like this.
    10-08-15 09:35 AM

Posted via CB10
    If it could be, then BlackBerry has thrown away all it's security credentials. It has to be a locked OS for it is ever come close to being accepted by regulated markets.
    10-08-15 09:57 AM
    What I don't understand is why blackberry can't have the current os10 with android, you know so the phone operates just like current blackberry devices but but has the Google play services so all the android apps work as they should and call it android??

This new device os the priv looks like android with the some of the blackberry os10 features being used like an app, which means you don't get the fluid movement of the way you move around and go into and out of apps like in os10. Am I correct on this?

Posted via CB10
    I agree. I have a Z30 and love OS10. I am getting the Android apps from Google Play, thanks to Cobalt. But if there were an "official" connection to Google Play - that would be the best of both (but a better camera would be good to add)
    10-08-15 10:12 AM
    If you're happy with apps selection currently, then there's no stress ahead.
    Whatever they decide with BB10, you'll be able to enjoy your current/next device for years before there will be any issue.
    OP's has technical constraints with land/internet/payment terminal and made his choice accordingly. We all have to make choices some day.
    Um ya on that iPhone I just purchased
    I'm not sure I can stick with it, I bought it because there's a few apps I needed to be sure I would have.
    One of them and the most important was being able to have credit card processing on my phone, Evan though the android pay pal app is currently working on my BlackBerry z30 I'm worried that down the road it may not.
    The other ones are Facebook and The facebook pages manager
    The android Facebook page manager currently works and as we all know the blackberry Facebook app is not very good
    Those are the current ones I need.

But after using ( just trying to get comfortable with it) the iPhone for a couple days I'm not sure if I can stick with it
    I keep telling myself it's just too be used for the business phone and credit card processing and Facebook page manager
    And nothing more.

But wow email completely sucks
    Texting or just entering text sucks
    Trying to edit your text sucks
    The overall speed of the phone is unimpressive
    Trying to find your way around wile inside an app sucks
    Value of phone in relation of actual cost I can't believe I spent that much on it
    If you have to many apps open in the background the phone starts bogging down very noticeably.
    I'm not sure if I will be keeping it.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    10-08-15 12:34 PM
    If it could be, then BlackBerry has thrown away all it's security credentials. It has to be a locked OS for it is ever come close to being accepted by regulated markets.
    But say BlackBerry give up on the PRIV due to poor sales... and a consumer wanted to install Android 6.5 on the phone and they didn't care about security. How hard will it be to bypass
    Chen: We work with Google, but I can't guarantee anything, maybe that's a dumb thing for me to say, but we think we'll be more resilient than anyone else. We inject a PIN in every chip in every phone, even the Android ones, and our security reaches the entire stack.
    10-08-15 01:20 PM
    Um ya on that iPhone I just purchased
    I'm not sure I can stick with it, I bought it because there's a few apps I needed to be sure I would have.
    One of them and the most important was being able to have credit card processing on my phone, Evan though the android pay pal app is currently working on my BlackBerry z30 I'm worried that down the road it may not.
    The other ones are Facebook and The facebook pages manager
    The android Facebook page manager currently works and as we all know the blackberry Facebook app is not very good
    Those are the current ones I need.

But after using ( just trying to get comfortable with it) the iPhone for a couple days I'm not sure if I can stick with it
    I keep telling myself it's just too be used for the business phone and credit card processing and Facebook page manager
    And nothing more.

But wow email completely sucks
    Texting or just entering text sucks
    Trying to edit your text sucks
    The overall speed of the phone is unimpressive
    Trying to find your way around wile inside an app sucks
    Value of phone in relation of actual cost I can't believe I spent that much on it
    If you have to many apps open in the background the phone starts bogging down very noticeably.
    I'm not sure if I will be keeping it.

Posted via CB10
    Honestly, you sound as if you want it to fail for you. And therefore it for sure will. I would return it and buy an Android since you are already used to using those apps.
    MikeX74 likes this.
    10-08-15 01:41 PM
    They just can't compete against the giants - end of story.

<snip>.
    This ^^^. Why is it so difficult for some BB10 "lovers" to understand this fact?

As for the OP, where did Chen say he was "giving up on BB10"? Sheesh The market will eventually dictate what happens
    10-08-15 03:52 PM
    Honestly, you sound as if you want it to fail for you. And therefore it for sure will. I would return it and buy an Android since you are already used to using those apps.
    No I don't want my experience with the iPhone to fail there's just so many things that my BlackBerry does so good that when using the iPhone it can be frustrating

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 05:35 PM
    In my opinion I think blackberry is given up to soon on blackberry os10.

#1 You can't make a totally new os from the ground up and expect people to find you and buy your devices in droves with out advertising for one.

#2 as much as I like a physical keyboard, blackberry needs to realize that the demand for a keyboard phone is pretty much done and over with, let's face it most of the people that had the keyboard experience are older now me included and the younger generation has adopted the touch style of keyboard as I have been slowly doing myself it just works and the younger generation are the ones driving sales, the masses.

#3 another part of the problem is that dreaded beat to death word APPS
    In this day and age you have to have apps to go with your brand of phones,
    And Blackberrys half *** fix to the problem was to offer the Amazon app store.
    Instead of spending God knows what on developing this android blackberry thing why didn't they spend the money on app development and product advertising??

#4 the android blackberry with a physical keyboard???? Really, sorry but even as much as I like a physical keyboard in this day and age there just isn't enough people out there in my opinion to buy a device with a physical keyboard period!!

Just when the os was starting to mature and was getting really good they decided to go the android way, what a bummer .

So today I went out and bought the iPhone 6s, I own a small business I'm currently a one man business and I'm trying to curb my Re occurring expenses and my land line phone bill with Internet was just too expensive $163.00 per month. I will be using this new phone for my phone obviously and my credit card terminal which will also eliminate another expense. The reason I chose the iPhone is because I know the apps I need to use will work every time no questions asked. With blackberry bouncing all around the place I can't trust that my credit card app will work with out issue .

I've played around with iphones on and off over the years and to be honest the os sucks, (not an android fan either) the notifications are a joke, the way you move in and out of apps is a joke,
    Speed of the phone ha another joke I bought the latest and greatest and my two year old z30 is so far ahead of the iPhone it's not even funny.
    But you know what you push the app icon and it works.

The only thing the iPhone has that's better is yes your going to hear it Apps that work that people either need or want, every iPhone no matter how old gets the latest os software updates so you don't have a good device be it older left running on old software, and a bad *** camera you can't deny that for a phone there camera is good.

My point is with blackberry jumping all over the place there never going to sell phones in mass quantity especially physical keyboard phones because Blackberrys is unstable and unreliable!! And when it comes to deciding on what phone to spend your hard earned money who are you going to go with??
    I myself have purchased a q10, z10, z30 and now going on two months my wife a passport and now they are going to drop os 10.
    I'm not even going to add that up because I know a lot you have done the same.

As for the iPhone it's for work because it's only for my land line credit card terminal and to keep my business Facebook page updated because I know that the apps I need will be there, but for my personal phone

I WILL BE KEEPING MY Z30 !!!!!

BlackBerry please stick to developing os10!!!

Posted via CB10
    give me a break! the z30 faster than the IP6s ..lol
    10-09-15 03:05 PM
    I really think BlackBerry was in a unique position with their phones. The reason I purchased a z30 was because I think it's crazy how much information my android phones/chrome browser/gmail know about me.

It knows where I work, live, etc. I know I'm not the only one with this sentiment. Many of my colleagues at work also express the same feelings.

BlackBerry could have separated itself as the anti Google so to speak. Their phones are secure and do not track any of your information. (I always thought it would be amazing if they developed an email service like Google that did not track anything either. Would gladly pay for that privilege ) security and privacy are things they have emphasized for you on the business/enterprise sector and would have made for an intriguing transition to the consumer market.

Problem is BlackBerry has never targeted the same demographic as Android and apple handsets. This has never been more apparent than now with the priv coming out.

Bbos is amazing and efficient.far more efficient than ios or Android imo. It has so much potential still but at.this point I think it's silly to expect any another updates or developments.

I understand what Chen is doing. He's making sure BlackBerry sticks around. As a non enterprise consumer I'm very disappointed my z30 won't get a worthy successor.

Perhaps if the priv is successful they'll continue to add features to Bbos... but I think that's a pipe dream. The market has already shown there really isn't a demand for it. (no point wondering about if they marketed differently etc if would have been successful. here we are now and it's not).

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 04:16 PM
    give me a break! the z30 faster than the IP6s ..lol

Try having a bunch of apps open in the background on the iPhone 6s and see what it does

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 07:08 PM
    Try having a bunch of apps open in the background on the iPhone 6s and see what it does

Posted via CB10
    I will say this the apple apps are top notch, the more I use them the more I find things the comparable blackberry app lacks

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 07:11 PM
    I will say this the apple apps are top notch, the more I use them the more I find things the comparable blackberry app lacks

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, I hear that from a lot of iPhone users. Maybe you can't have a ton open at once, but at least you have them and they work well.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 07:27 PM
    I really think BlackBerry was in a unique position with their phones. The reason I purchased a z30 was because I think it's crazy how much information my android phones/chrome browser/gmail know about me.

It knows where I work, live, etc. I know I'm not the only one with this sentiment. Many of my colleagues at work also express the same feelings.

BlackBerry could have separated itself as the anti Google so to speak. Their phones are secure and do not track any of your information. (I always thought it would be amazing if they developed an email service like Google that did not track anything either. Would gladly pay for that privilege ) security and privacy are things they have emphasized for you on the business/enterprise sector and would have made for an intriguing transition to the consumer market.

Problem is BlackBerry has never targeted the same demographic as Android and apple handsets. This has never been more apparent than now with the priv coming out.

Bbos is amazing and efficient.far more efficient than ios or Android imo. It has so much potential still but at.this point I think it's silly to expect any another updates or developments.

I understand what Chen is doing. He's making sure BlackBerry sticks around.
    I agree with your first couple of paragraphs entirely. What Chen never did with his focus on software and apps is ask himself why the current BlackBerry phone user buys a BB10 device. You have correctly identified why. Then he should have set out to strengthen those points and make them known. Too late now.
    10-11-15 07:28 AM
    I am not buying an Android BlackBerry in the same way I was not buying a Windows Nokia.
    10-11-15 09:01 AM
105 12345