Interesting Article I read today. Seems like TCL has been trying to invest $300 million into a US firm since November 2016, but “I can’t say what it was because until now the American government still has still not approved it, there has been no formal response,” Li said. “This is unreasonable.”

Any ideas what it may be? Definitely Tech-related.. but maybe not BlackBerry related? The article heavily emphasized their focus on building Displays and is suggesting they want to build iPhone displays.

‘Unreasonable’: BlackBerry-maker TCL wants to invest US$300 million in U.S. firm, says Trump slowing approval | Financial Post
    04-24-17 01:32 PM
    Yeah the deal is older than TCL's licensing of BlackBerry... so I expect it has nothing to do with BlackBerry.

TCL is basically the Chinese version of Samsung... just not as well known in the West.
    04-24-17 01:47 PM
    I don't know of a US company that big that is in displays. Probably another area of tech like VR or maybe they are going to be a major investor in GoPro which isn't doing too well lately.
    04-24-17 01:48 PM
    I'd steer clear of clicking links to unknown random websites...but that's just me.
    04-24-17 04:37 PM
    I'd steer clear of clicking links to unknown random websites...but that's just me.
    The Financial Post is a well respected publication. Basically Canada’s version of the Wall Street Journal.

Posted via CB10
    sonicpix likes this.
    04-25-17 09:26 AM
    I thought this was one of the "Trump's New America" things, I had read that there was a "certain" overseas company proposing building a new manufacturing facility in the mid-west to specifically build mobile device screens/displays. Not sure why he would be the slow down... this was one of his main campaign slogans, along with keeping GM from closing some plants and other major companies keeping jobs in US from moving overseas.
    04-25-17 09:39 AM
    I thought this was one of the "Trump's New America" things, I had read that there was a "certain" overseas company proposing building a new manufacturing facility in the mid-west to specifically build mobile device screens/displays. Not sure why he would be the slow down... this was one of his main campaign slogans, along with keeping GM from closing some plants and other major companies keeping jobs in US from moving overseas.
    Sounds more like TCL is trying to "invest" (maybe take over) an existing US Company. I can see how that might be of concern.

It's probably a known US Brand, that has fallen of tough times, and TCL is looking for a way to expand the market in the US.... something like maybe Kenmore or Whirlpool. They are already doing well in the TV market, Alcatel has gotten them in the door in the smart & dumb phone markets.... I would see Major and Small appliances as their next market.

Then again it could be they want to invest in a Football team....
    04-25-17 09:58 AM