View Poll Results: Would you Subscribe to a Dedicated Magazine for BB Users.

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

261 86.14%
  • No

42 13.86%
05-13-09 09:54 AM
204 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Interviews with Carriers (i.e. verizon, att, etc..) on upcoming OS releases, new phones, etc...
    08-17-08 04:25 PM
    i would def be in on that.
    08-17-08 04:46 PM
    Sign me up! I have been hoping that a mag. would show up like that . Windows Mobile has one, Mac has a lot of coverage in Mac mags., why not the Berry.
    08-17-08 04:52 PM
    i would. i look for mags all the time that have blackberry info in them. so far the ones i see consistent are laptop mag and consumer reports
    08-17-08 05:33 PM
    I would subscribe.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-08 05:39 PM
    I wouldn't cause all the information is on CB fast then they can print and ship it. It is a good idea. I say go ahead and see how good it does it looks like a lot of people will buy it

08-17-08 05:45 PM
    That sound great!
    Here are some suggestions:
    BBMag
    BerryCentral
    BBWeek
    BBQ (BlackBerry Quarterly)

Sorry about the last one it popped into my head and I couldn't resist
    08-17-08 07:01 PM
    BerryWorld
    BlackBerry World
    BlackBerry Universe
    The BlackBerry Vine
    BerryNews
    UltraBerry
    The RIM of the World
    Living on the RIM
    The View From the RIM
    BerryLife
    BlackBerry Life
    The BlackBerry Way
    I like BerryLife a lot for some reason.

08-17-08 07:16 PM
    BlackBerry United

sounds like a soccer team, yes, but i luv tha game!! And the mag idea!! I'm All-in!
    i would love that name. SIGN ME UP!!!! i can't wait!
    08-17-08 09:56 PM
    Would I subscribe? No. Simple reason is technology changes so quickly that it's much easier for me to get my info off the web. I can get the info and news that I need with a much faster response time than I could ever get from print. Would I enjoy such a magazine, were it to be made available? CERTAINLY!
    08-18-08 08:39 AM
    I would also subscribe

08-18-08 09:19 AM
    yep me 2, I would def subscribe for the mag, hope it will come out soon lol!
    08-18-08 09:39 AM
    100% sure I'd subscribe!!
    08-18-08 11:50 AM
    I would definitely subscribe. Make it monthly, or quarterly starting out and go to monthly as you build your subscriber base. What would I like to see in it?
    • A technical tips column.
    • Rim news.
    • Reviews of new phones and comparisons to earlier models.
    • Reviews of OS releases: what's in it, what's not.
    • BlackBerry specific advertising.
    What Jeff said.
    08-18-08 11:58 AM
    Hello, I'm French tech journalist and would love to contribute to the French version of this magazine... Good luck for the project
    08-18-08 05:13 PM
    Sounds good just make the site mobile friendly so we can read on our berry's
    08-18-08 06:06 PM
    I wouldn't subscribe.
    By the time the issue goes to the printers, and hits the new stands, it's "old news".

And not for nothing, how much stuff can you possibly write about a cell phone?

It would remind me of the Cheech and Chong skit with "sister mary elephant" :

Young man in the first row, stand up, state your name, and read your essay.
    STUDENT: Who me?
    TEACHER: Yes. Read your essay, please!
    STUDENT: Uh, I don`t have it finished yet.
    TEACHER: Well then, read what you have, young man!
    STUDENT: Okay. The first day on my vacation, what I did on my summer vacation, the first day on my vacation, I woke up. Then, I went downtown to a quiet job. I turned on my BB and then had to pull the battery. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The second day on my summer vacation, I woke up, then I went downtown to look for a job.I turned on my BB and had to pull the battery. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The third day on my summer vacation, I woke up...
    TEACHER: Now that`s fine, young man!
    STUDENT : ...Then I went downtown to look for a job...
    STUDENT : ...Then I got a job, keeping people from here and out in front of the drugstore. The fourth day on my...
    ---

And so on.
    08-19-08 11:07 AM
    I wouldn't subscribe.
    By the time the issue goes to the printers, and hits the new stands, it's "old news".

And not for nothing, how much stuff can you possibly write about a cell phone?

It would remind me of the Cheech and Chong skit with "sister mary elephant" :

Young man in the first row, stand up, state your name, and read your essay.
    STUDENT: Who me?
    TEACHER: Yes. Read your essay, please!
    STUDENT: Uh, I don`t have it finished yet.
    TEACHER: Well then, read what you have, young man!
    STUDENT: Okay. The first day on my vacation, what I did on my summer vacation, the first day on my vacation, I woke up. Then, I went downtown to a quiet job. I turned on my BB and then had to pull the battery. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The second day on my summer vacation, I woke up, then I went downtown to look for a job.I turned on my BB and had to pull the battery. Then I hung out in front of the drugstore. The third day on my summer vacation, I woke up...
    STUDENT : ...Then I went downtown to look for a job...
    STUDENT : ...Then I got a job, keeping people from here and out in front of the drugstore. The fourth day on my...
    ---

And so on.

I've come to notice that you are always the optimist huh?
    08-19-08 11:11 AM
    I didn't vote because I'd have to know more first. I wouldn't throw my hard earned money into something just because it had BB as a topic. I like naked women, but I don't subscribe to Playboy just because it has some in there. The magazine would have to be something worth while.

What I'd like to see in a blackberry in print periodical:
    Reviews of hardware, software and accessories
    Interviews with RIM staff and third party developers
    Maybe a tip of the month type of article
    Maybe a "rumors" section........wait a minute, I just realized, a lot of that is on this site for free!
    08-19-08 11:26 AM
    Great idee!!

NewsBerry

BerryBeat

Best of Berry

BerryWorld

PlumBerry
    08-19-08 11:48 AM
    yes I will, it will be the best thing for our BB users
    08-19-08 12:07 PM
    yes I will subscribe, Good Idea
    08-19-08 12:08 PM
    Yep no brainer.
    08-19-08 12:10 PM
    I absolutely would
    08-19-08 12:17 PM
    Thanks for the various comments everyone, much appreciated. I know not everyone will want the magazine and thats fine, thats why we have free choice. There are some great suggestions and ideas made here and they have been duly noted.

Bottom line is we are planning on having the first issue of the mag due out by the middle of November if all goes to plan and it will be for both exsisting BB users and also to showcase the BB to others who may be contemplating a new smartphone. As well as looking after the converted we also need to show everyone why the BB is such a great device.

Here is an example, I was recently in Kandahar, Afghanistan for one of my other magazines. I had two phones with me, the Nokia N95 and also my Curve. The Nokia had no signal at all but low and behold the BB started ringing with a call from back home here.

Well keep checking in for more updates.

Cheers,

Ned
    08-19-08 01:48 PM
204 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD