View Poll Results: Would you Subscribe to a Dedicated Magazine for BB Users.

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

261 86.14%
  • No

42 13.86%
    I voted no as well for the various reasons below. CB does exactly what I want it to, various subjects are covered, new information is almost instant, help is readly available, latest tech (themes, apps, etc.) is here. It just doesn't make any sense to me. if I want to know more about the company I can google it.

My only suggestion, if there was a book, a collection of the how to's in this forum, that would be a purchase I would make.

I do not think I would have any need to subscribe. I get all the information I could possibly need to know from CB already! Plus I do not have any money to spare for a subscription at the moment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    No for a few reasons. I don't subscribe unless a digital version is offered as a subscription like Ziff Davis does. Also I think the world of BlackBerry doesn't really have enough going on inside of it to become a monthly magazine.
    I wouldn't cause all the information is on CB fast then they can print and ship it. It is a good idea. I say go ahead and see how good it does it looks like a lot of people will buy it

Would I subscribe? No. Simple reason is technology changes so quickly that it's much easier for me to get my info off the web. I can get the info and news that I need with a much faster response time than I could ever get from print. Would I enjoy such a magazine, were it to be made available? CERTAINLY!
    08-19-08 03:33 PM
    Why when I have CB

08-19-08 03:39 PM
    I agree with the "No" vote. By the time the magazine hits the stands we will have read that news on CB 1-2 months ago. Mags are great to have on hand for research and looking up old articles from time to time but a print mag will never keep up with a site like this. No reason to take CrackBerry's news and print it 2 months later. Sorry.
    08-19-08 03:45 PM
    I would definitely subscribe to it, no doubt. Things I would like to see in it would be, websites that catered to the BB user. All of the latest BB models, and their reviews of the product. Lists of all websites like this one here at CB, and other fourms. Hopefully this can materialize, I look forward to hearing more about it.
    08-19-08 04:11 PM
    sign me up!

08-19-08 04:30 PM
    can't we just make CB looks more like Macworld.com...? I am a fairly new member but went to the site several times before to get software fr my GF's Pearl. I believe we may consider few things:

- A cosmetic refresh of the website
    - An translation of the website: achieved by translators paid a good business based on ads and store etc...
    - Some books published occasionally either in PDF or in hard cover (tutorials for ex)
    - We could go even as far as creating a premium online content with screencast, interview, videocast....

Sure this requires a good business strategy but in my opinion it would not make sense to ignore the potential of CB

**** we could even create a BB social network and a specific BB application...
    08-19-08 05:15 PM
    Uhh I need a subscription sent to my house and to the office. Make it a weekly magazine also. Actually make it a daily, like a newspaper. I am on board!

08-19-08 08:31 PM
    Absolutely yes, I don't know WHY there isn't one already!!
    08-20-08 03:08 AM
    Another YES vote, even though some of the news may be old when it comes out, I would use them as a reference library. Always good to have...and as far as a name....how about Berry United...changing the world one Berry at a time. Just a thought.
    08-20-08 04:30 AM
    I would depending on the price. It could also feature freebies like online coupons for premium themes or 10% off accessories in the CB store. Reviews, features on news by carrier, device, new products, all that good stuff would make me subscribe.

08-20-08 08:39 AM
    Heck yeah I would subscribe, I'm a nerd.

08-21-08 09:32 PM
    Just had a quick meeting with some of my editors on the phone and we have decided to push ahead with a dedicated BB users mag.

We will do both printed and online versions of the mag. If you want to see how it would look online here is the link to my digital version of HeliOps.

http://heliopsmag.realviewtechnologies.com/

How about members here coming up with some suggestions for a name for the new mag. The submitter of a name we choose gets a freebie lifetime sub to the new mag.

Cheers.

Ned
    I have a name!!! (Or three of them)
    What's going on in the Berry world
    OR
    BlackBerry Monthly
    OR
    BlackBerry Quarterly
    Last edited by techluvr1234; 09-20-08 at 08:34 PM.
    09-20-08 07:26 PM
    And yessssssssssssssssssss, I would be a full subscriber if I didn't win.
    09-20-08 07:27 PM
    Yup!fo sho!
    09-20-08 07:38 PM
    -Blackberry Times...
    -The Blackberry Times...
    -The Berry Life...
    -BB Lifestyle...
    -BB World...
    -BerrySmart Quarterly...
    -Berry Cool...
    -BB Pro...
    -Berry Pro...
    -Blackberry Pro...

Just some ideas.
    09-20-08 07:41 PM
    Wow... my names were laaaaaame compared to those!
    09-20-08 08:33 PM
    I'm in.

09-20-08 08:53 PM
    Yes, I think so, especially if it were something like this website!

SmeeBig7.
    09-20-08 09:06 PM
    Just had a quick meeting with some of my editors on the phone and we have decided to push ahead with a dedicated BB users mag.

We will do both printed and online versions of the mag. If you want to see how it would look online here is the link to my digital version of HeliOps.

http://heliopsmag.realviewtechnologies.com/

How about members here coming up with some suggestions for a name for the new mag. The submitter of a name we choose gets a freebie lifetime sub to the new mag.

Cheers.

Ned

I like "BB User News" or "News for BB Users" or "Everthing BB"

Blackberry can also be spelled out instead of the BB.

Can't wait til the first issue comes out!!
    09-20-08 10:55 PM
    I would absolutely subscribe to this mag! I'd love to see a blackberry magazine in my mailbox! Count me in! While I LOVE cb and always read the updates right here, I'd love to get a magazine related to my fav. Device!

09-21-08 01:50 AM
    Add some berry to your life.
    Crack into some berry news.
    Berry users unite.
    Who needs apples when we've got berry's.

Just some title ideas to throw at u. Something creative, cute and fun. Don't be boring.

09-21-08 02:00 AM
    I would love a magazine specifically for BB!!!
    09-21-08 02:10 AM
    There should be only one connotation given this consideration: BLACKBERRY NATION

09-21-08 02:28 AM
    This way, we could take the magazine into the bathroom instead of our BB's. Lol
    09-21-08 08:53 AM
    Sign me up!! I was walking through the bookstore wondering why there isn't just a Blackberry Mag out there.

09-21-08 09:45 AM
204 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD