View Poll Results: How useful would it be to have BB Video Tutorials on a MicroSD card in your device?

Voters
325. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very useful - This would be �way cool� and very helpful

150 46.15%
  • Not sure � I�m not sure if I would use them

130 40.00%
  • Not useful at all - I don�t think I would ever watch them

45 13.85%
    Summer Savings and a CrackBerry.com Contest from BlackBerry Made Simple...

Hey Everybody!

Our friends from BlackBerry Made Simple have an awesome summer sale on right now, and to help celebrate the savings they've offered up a sweet (and Educational!) contest for all CrackBerry.com Members!

THE SAVINGS:

Video Tutorials: 50% Savings!! 1 Year Subscription was $98.99, now $49.99!
    Video Tutorials: 50% Savings!! 1 Week Subscription was $19.99, now $9.99!
    E-Books: NOW JUST $12.99! 88xx, 87xx, Curve, Pearl and 7xxx Series!

Visit www.BlackBerryMadeSimple.com and Check out this FLYER for details!

THE CONTEST:

TO ENTER INTO THE CONTEST, SIMPLY VOTE ON THE POLL ABOVE!!!!

Prizes Up for Grabs:
    in celebration of our Summer Savings we are giving away the following:

Grand prize -
    a full year license to the Video Library
    First prize - two winners get a copy of an EBook of their choice
    Second prize - three winners get a 7 day license to the video library

BEST YET... Everyone wins and gets two free days access to the BBMS video library on July 26 and July 27

and if you want to go the extra mile, on this forum post, comment on this thought.... I would love it if my carrier pre-loaded Video Tutorials and they came with my BlackBerry…

That's It! Vote on the Poll, Comment on this post, and be sure to visit BlackBerryMadeSimple.com for some awesome summer savings!
    07-17-08 01:44 AM
    Awesome! Ill vote later on the computer!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-08 04:05 AM
    I don't like the idea of having video tutorials come on the device. I think a better option would be if the carriers included a DVD with the video tutorials on it in the packaging of all new devices. That way it's there if you need it, but there's nothing to uninstall/delete from device memory.

That is, unless they want to store them on an 8GB media card and include that in the packaging, free of charge.
    07-17-08 05:13 AM
    I agree with Kronk, I would not want them on the device that taking up memory, but on a DVD or Micro SD card would be cool.
    07-17-08 07:02 AM
    microSD card it would be... not internal device memory.

I agree with Kronk, I would not want them on the device that taking up memory, but on a DVD or Micro SD card would be cool.
    07-17-08 07:21 AM
    I voted very useful, but that would be as a new BB user. It would have been fantastic to have from day one, although CrackBerry.com traffic might slow down a bit if too much info was included with the device.
    07-17-08 07:24 AM
    These are good books with a lot of useful information for newbies.

I wouldn't like the videos on the Berry. I'd rather have access to them through a web site than have them cluttering up memory.
    07-17-08 07:28 AM
    I like the idea of the video tutorials; but I think I'd prefer watching them on the PC or other means so I can have my BB in hand following along as I'm watching.
    07-17-08 07:30 AM
    I'd rather have access to them through a web site than have them cluttering up memory.

Kevin stated above that they would be on a MicroSD card - not on device memory.
    07-17-08 07:35 AM
    Yes, I would like my carrier to include this especially if they were on the sd card.

07-17-08 07:39 AM
    I'm with Chaz on this one. If i was a novice to the BlackBerry world, it would be very useful...
    07-17-08 07:41 AM
    I think that this is a very good idea. Is this going to be a saleable product? If so, how much?

If it is a CrackBerry free project then I think that three formats are needed. 3GP, avi and web based. This way it may be viewed on the phone (3GP) the PC or iPod (avi) ad on the web.

Having it on the BlackBerry Media Card has the disadvantage that you cannot try out what you are watching/learning because the phone is currently the display device. The main use for this would be to watch it for initial learning without testing it one the phone.

On the PC is great because you can test the keystrokes as you view.

On the web is also very useful when a user is new and knows nothing about either the phone or the PC.
    07-17-08 07:55 AM
    Pete6,

This is already for sale on our Website - BlackBerry Training Video Tutorials - 8800, 8700, 8300 Curve, 8100 Pearl, 7700, 7500, 7200, 6700, 6500, 6200 Series.. The prices for the Videos on the Computer are in Kevin's post at the top of this discussion - the new Videos on the Device are slated for release this summer.
    The starter pack of 25 Videos on the BlackBerry will be $19.99 and a full library of 65 Videos will be $49.99. You can download three sample videos right onto your Micro SD card with a self installing batch file right here: Free Sample Videos on Your BlackBerry - The Future is Here - Mobile BlackBerry Training Videos and Support, (c) 2008 BlackBerry Made Simple
    07-17-08 09:17 AM
    A video tutorial would be the FIRST thing I deleted to free up space (even on a mem card). I like getting new gadgets and playing with them to figure things out on my own--it's part of the fun! And when I get stuck, I come to a FREE site on the web like this one!

And I would think anyone who needs a video to figure out how to use it, probably has an IT department to show them
    07-17-08 09:22 AM
    I'd have to say putting them on an 8G memory card would be great. Just bc if you want them you have them. If not you've got a free memory card out of the deal.

07-17-08 03:38 PM
    The tutorials seem to be a very good idea. Everyone including the most experienced should be able to gain something from them. Not so sure about having it on the blackberry, but if it creates no conflict with anything else, why not.
    07-17-08 04:26 PM
    Not on a BlackBerry though. It would be hard to follow the tutorial and work on BB.
    As other are saying, website would be much better.
    07-17-08 06:41 PM
    I voted very useful, any help is much appreciated! You can just delete it when your done...
    07-17-08 06:55 PM
    I'm a former treo user still learning how to use other features of my new Curve.
    07-17-08 07:06 PM
    Not sure if I would use it...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a former treo user still learning how to use other features of my new Curve.
    07-17-08 07:08 PM
    Me, personally? I'm not so sure. The Blackberry-using public at large? Yeah, I think there's some real usefulness for this product. Especially at the enterprise level where people are handed a BB by their employer rather than going out and making an informed decision themselves to buy one.
    07-17-08 07:09 PM
    If I were just starting out I'd definitely want this. And seeing that RIM is starting to push into the "consumer" where the end user is pretty much on their own, I like the idea.
    07-17-08 07:19 PM
    And I agree with Kronk. having the carrier give us the instructions on a CD would be very helpful! Then, after getting thoroughly confused we can get further information through these forums.
    07-17-08 07:36 PM
    that's too cool, I find it very helpful to have a tutorial available too learn as much as I can about a new device!!! I can't wait until I have my 1st BB in my hands!! I have had so many issues in the last 3 weeks where I have said "If I had my berry, I could do that!!"
    07-17-08 07:38 PM
    I am a neebie and think all new info is good!

07-17-08 08:13 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD