Over the past few years Mac's have dominated the film, TV and marketing circuit. They are a sign of power, dependability and elegance. Anytime you see a laptop in a movie or show and even commercials it is 98% of the time a Mac. Guess what has taken that place in the Cell Phone area? BLACKBERRY!!!! I have noticed as Blackberry has gotten bigger and more popular over the past couple years, it has began to turn up all over the place. Whether it's in movies (more about that later), TV, commercials and ads. Today I saw an add which was promoting cell phone wallpapers and although the phone wasn't branded it was clearly a Blackberry Curve. As far as movies go, no phone dominates like Blackberry does in the film industry. Being a business type phone and such a dependable, elegant and powerful device (all reasons Macs are used) it's obvious why they dominate when it comes to a cell phone needed for a film or any other marketing area.

One example: If anyone has seen Seven Pounds staring Will Smith and Rosario Dawson, a Blackberry plays quite a key role in the film and it is clearly stated in the film.

I'd like you hear Crackberry nations thoughts on this topic and if anyone has more examples I'd love to hear them as I'm sure everyone else does too.
    01-13-09 09:52 PM
    X2 on the seven pounds, just a very bad example on what can happen while trying to read an email and drive at the same time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 12:05 AM
    hmmm you trying to make a link b/w BB and Mac .... ok... i get it and mostly agree but the slight irony here is that OSX is poorly supported by bb. how is that for a connection ?

01-14-09 02:30 AM
    Product placement is no accident. The big players all know the value of there products being used in a positive manner.

Somebody is paying for it, and doing very nicely as a result.
    01-14-09 10:30 AM
    Oh please, its a phone, its not elegant. Macs are not a symbol of luxury or elegance either. The pretentiousness on this website about this freaking phone drives me up the wall.
    01-14-09 05:29 PM
    I always treat the bb as a great connector with work, and friends, elegant is Vertu, made of gold, silver, or platinum if you want, bb is just an almost ugly-pretty looking thing, has nothing to do with status, or luxury.
    Oh and they pay big moolah to be shown in the movies, or any kind of videos, its advertising for them!
    My 2cents
    01-14-09 05:38 PM
    "National Treasure 2" made a point of showing a handful of handhelds and BB was in there.
    01-14-09 06:04 PM
    i agree it is a phone, not a human baby. BUT it is the best phone. and yea i see a lot of them on tv.
    01-14-09 07:04 PM
    Tropic Thunder diplays the Curve as Tom Cruise uses it on speakerphone. Tasteless, but funny!

01-14-09 07:49 PM
    I'm not trying to debate for Blackberry or say it is the best possible choice when it comes to having a phone, because everyone is different and you like what you like. No one can force anything on you especially when it comes to a decision like getting a cell phone. What I'm saying is Blackberry has begun to take over when ever a cell phone has to be used weather it is in Film, Television or Ads that use even just a similar looking device without using the Blackberry name. This is what apple computers have found themselves being a part of so I am just getting the word out of Blackberry's switch into the spotlight whenever there needs to be a cell phone involved.
    01-14-09 09:46 PM
    hmmm you trying to make a link b/w BB and Mac .... ok... i get it and mostly agree but the slight irony here is that OSX is poorly supported by bb. how is that for a connection ?

Yeah but pretty soon they will be 100% compatible... Which I'm so excited for!
    01-14-09 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD