Blackberry Love

Years ago when I bought my first my iMac, to my amazement in the box with the instruction was a white glossy sheet of paper with 2 frosted Apple logo's on it. At the time, this was very exciting. I immediately ran outside to my silver 2003 Sunfire and smacked that sticker on the back window. As time went on and iPod's were purchased and iPad 1's etc. Every vehicle that entered our driveway got that "symbolic, traditional " Apple sticker on the back window. Now as the iPhone grew in popularity I drove around seeing vehicle after vehicle sporting MY idea (well I felt it was my idea anyways).

But at this point I thought myself "what the am I doing, I have a BB Curve 8900 - The Javelin for crying out loud. And I loved it. I didn't want these Apple Sticker Posers thinking I was packing some, lack of, iPhone heat. So when I got home, out came the scraper and the Goo Gone and she was off. And when the Wife pulled in, she got the same treatment. As I quickly cycled through my different BB models (5 BB's in 24 months) I started to realize that I was seeing more and more of these damn Apple stickers.

Then came our Playbooks, and then my 9900. My electronic life couldn't get any better - well at least until the 21st and 2.0 - and all I wanted to do was to show al those Apple logo'd rice rockets and pickups that I was carrying the real deal. And it was touch screen AND had a keyboard!!! So 3 weeks ago we purchased our new 2012 Dodge Caravan in Brilliant Black Metallic. And when we picked it I turned to my 4 year son and said "What do you want to name her buddy?". He looked at me and said "Blackberry Daddy, like your phone". So when I got home, I ran up to my home office and yanked out those dusty iPad boxes determined to find those Apple stickers. And sure enough I did. See they got cocky and gave us 2 sheets of stickers with each iPad.

My next was to sit at the kitchen table, grab my trusty exacto knife and I gave rebirth to those Apple's by cutting out seven 1 inch rectangles rounded on one end. And then I took the boy, head outside to Blackberry parked in the driveway and together we recreated the BlackBerry logo dead center on that back window. And there it sticks roaming the streets of the East GTA saying "Ya that's right, there is no Apple in this van ladies and gents!".

Just wanted to share.
    02-17-12 07:23 PM
    Fun read! I like that. Once a lover always a lover. V!
    02-17-12 07:29 PM
    wohooo that was exciting to read! loved it, thanks for the share!
    02-17-12 07:30 PM
    Cute story. I completely forgot about those stickers that came with the ipod.
    02-17-12 07:39 PM
    What no pics?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-17-12 07:42 PM
    Yeah! Post a pic!!!

I've always wanted a BB sticker.... Finally, the Apple logo will be useful...
    02-17-12 09:14 PM
    Me too! Such a good idea eh
    02-17-12 09:37 PM
    RIM needs to put stickers in product boxes
    02-17-12 09:42 PM
    Okay here a couple of pics.
    BaconMunch, dweb101, kemj and 4 others like this.
    02-17-12 09:49 PM
    That is too funny!
    02-17-12 09:53 PM
    Awesome, get story and love the pics.
    02-17-12 10:02 PM
    NICE!

And the awesome thing about it is that not many people will steal your idea, unless they wanna put some work into it.

But even then, it will be your idea. Too bad I will be stealing it in the near future.
    02-17-12 11:35 PM
    I drive an 05 Jeep Liberty. Would love to stick a big BB logo in the middle of the back window. Awesome idea
    02-18-12 12:12 AM
    Dang... my car is white. :|
    02-18-12 12:40 AM
    Okay here a couple of pics.

Nice. Good job.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    spectre229 likes this.
    02-18-12 01:07 AM
    Dang... my car is white. :|
    Then use a black decals
    02-18-12 01:37 AM
    Rock on! love the pics of the sticker. I want!
    02-22-12 06:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD