Have you seen the AT&T ad for the blackberry Q10? If you have, whats your opinion of it? Well, mine is that of a company that wants to go back to its roots or old model of advertising, that appealed to its old customers back then. That was back then, do they realize we are in 2013? What am sensing here is, Blackberry wants to get the corporate masses on its devices like they used to. That's not going to happen with these kinds of adverts. What's blackberry is forgetting, which to me is major is that, old customers have a bad feeling towards blackberry. They basically hate it and don't regard it to say the least. The longer start up times, to frequent freezes, to bad bad touch screen phones(storm) ,people just don't have a better attitude when blackberry comes to topic. I have personally experienced it from showing my Z10 to Co-workers. Utter disregard! So what does blackberry needs to do? I've read many forums and all they seem to focus on is how blackberry needs to improve to suit existing customers. For a smartphone to be truly innovative, i believe having a lot of customers, go a long way to challenge workers. The ultimate, in my opinion, of the most important thing blackberry needs to do is capture attention, incite people to pay attention. These adverts absolutely doesn't do that.. it just doesn't. Take a look at Samsung adverts. Yeah right, you just remembered the guy jumping into the pool right? You just remembered the guy at the airport right? You remember that basketball game where the guy was dozing off and the screen paused. Well, if you do, then that's what we need to let the guys at blackberry know. Your Number one priority should be to change the feeling customers have towards the brand. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-13 09:16 AM
    Have you seen the AT&T ad for the blackberry Q10? If you have, whats your opinion of it? Well, mine is that of a company that wants to go back to its roots or old model of advertising, that appealed to its old customers back then. That was back then, do they realize we are in 2013? What am sensing here is, Blackberry wants to get the corporate masses on its devices like they used to. That's not going to happen with these kinds of adverts. What's blackberry is forgetting, which to me is major is that, old customers have a bad feeling towards blackberry. They basically hate it and don't regard it to say the least. The longer start up times, to frequent freezes, to bad bad touch screen phones(storm) ,people just don't have a better attitude when blackberry comes to topic. I have personally experienced it from showing my Z10 to Co-workers. Utter disregard! So what does blackberry needs to do? I've read many forums and all they seem to focus on is how blackberry needs to improve to suit existing customers. For a smartphone to be truly innovative, i believe having a lot of customers, go a long way to challenge workers. The ultimate, in my opinion, of the most important thing blackberry needs to do is capture attention, incite people to pay attention. These adverts absolutely doesn't do that.. it just doesn't. Take a look at Samsung adverts. Yeah right, you just remembered the guy jumping into the pool right? You just remembered the guy at the airport right? You remember that basketball game where the guy was dozing off and the screen paused. Well, if you do, then that's what we need to let the guys at blackberry know. Your Number one priority should be to change the feeling customers have towards the brand. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    There is no doubt that the BlackBerry Brand in the US is not the best. It is very recognized, but it's position as a technology leader has been eroded by years of NOT being a technology leader. It will take a lot of work by the marketing department to actually overcome the Brand reputation of being slow and outdated (or out of business for that matter). Because the Z10 and Q10 are anything but slow and outdated... no they aren't really top of the line hardware, but they do fit in with today's devices.

But I don't think Branding is the only problem that BBRY has, or that it should be considered the number one priority right now.

Price Points is something they are going to have to work on. If the "sweet spot" is a device that is free with a 2 Year contract, then BlackBerry had better have a device in that category... but it needs to be competitive with the other devices in that category. But they also need a Flag Ship device that looks impressive in the commercials and can be used to get people asking about a BlackBerry.

App Catalog - They have over 100K apps, but there are a few "KEY" apps still missing. Personally I'd really like it to see a Direct TV app that allowed me to watch programs - I have the sideloaded app, but it will not allow you to play a program. There are also a few industry specific apps that I bought on Google Play and converted over... but I'd love to be able to get the updates without having to jump through hoops.

OS Updates - BB10 is good, but it has stumbled since launch and the update process is.... killing BBRY. To fix a major problem should not require the user to download a "leaked" OS or wait months for an official fix when the KNOW one is already out there. Carriers may be the cause of the problem, but it is ultimately hurting BBRY!

BIS Hosting - I don't need it. Kinda think there would be some performance issues with using it. But for many markets a special BlackBerry data plan was the main selling feature of BlackBerries. Couldn't that be an option if users who wanted or needed it? Even if it did cost the user or carrier an extra $5 or $10 a month those special BlackBerry plans were still cheaper than a full fledged data plan in those markets. (not sure if that will remain the case as those markets develop)

More Polished OS - There are a number of "finishing touches" that we really need - there are a number of missing features that BBRY has said they are working on.

Based on what Thor said at the AGM yesterday... I think BBRY knows that they have a lot of work, and I think we will see them make adjustments where they can. And I think their priority right now is SELLING devices and BUILDING the platform.
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    07-10-13 10:47 AM
    I don't understand how BBRY operates in terms of its relationships with developers. (No, I am not a developer.)

One major developer I know can't even get email responses from BBRY about problems with their app on BB World, or help with listing a new app on BB World. This is business-to-business communication we're talking about, not consumer customer service. With sales of BB so low anyway, why would a developer want to waste its time butting its head against the wall?

BBRY: Is anyone home? You are self-destructing, and it's all your fault. These are remediable problems, although it may be too late.

I have been a loyal BlackBerry end user for years, have a Z10, love it, can work around the app problems and deficits with Android side loads, all that sort of thing, but people like me and the Crackberry addicts here aren't going to save your product or your company.

Did anyone at BBRY ever go to B school? Did you learn anything?
    07-10-13 11:12 AM