Hot:
    10.1 - Their best coordinated handheld software update yet.
    BlackBerry World - 120000 titles in a year is remarkable.
    Q10 US - Good to hear it's next month.
    Q5 - Needed to introduce BB10 to youth and emerging markets.
    BBM Cross Platform - A great way to keep the brand relevant to non BlackBerry users

Not:
    10.1 - Not available for everyone simultaneously.
    BlackBerry World - Includes 119,000 crapps.
    Q10 US - One month too late for its most lucrative market.
    Q5 - Looked minuscule in Thor's giant hand.
    BBM Cross Platform - Too little, too late.
    05-14-13 08:48 PM
    I'm not going to comment on whether I liked or disliked the actual topics of the keynote, but the biggest thing I didn't like was that we weren't given a good outlook on BlackBerry's future, in my opinion. I was hoping to see much more about Heins' vision for a "mobile computing" world than the car that we've seen multiple times already. I was disappointed that the car was all we got to see. Also, there's the obvious omission of anything PlayBook related and we didn't see anything much in-terms of OS showcases or demos, like OS 10.2, and maybe a demo of Android 4.2 on BB10. In addition to that, there are multiple hints that more devices coming this year and this is BlackBerry's biggest developer event of the year and only consumer event, but there wasn't any mention of anything new coming down the pipeline anytime this year.

What I liked, though, was the candid-ness of the entire team. I appreciated how down-to-earth and real they were about the struggles they faced in the past year and it seems that every event BlackBerry holds makes more appreciate and like the company more. That's probably because the people behind the company have been coming to the forefront and we get to put together names and faces. It's also great to see BlackBerry coinciding product and software launches with its events. I enjoyed listening to each member of the executive team and hearing all the positivity the company has recently started seeing and making for itself.
    05-14-13 09:06 PM