I really wish they would open one of these in the US... This is BlackBerry heaven!

Video:

Last edited by FMB8900; 10-18-11 at 10:49 AM.
    Guatiao, Venichie, Chrisy and 7 others like this.
    10-16-11 02:37 PM
    oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh maaaaaaaannnnnn soooo Cooooooll
    I would love one of these in ma` Home town too.
    You lucky BKK Crackheads
    10-16-11 02:56 PM
    Oh, I loveeeee the BlackBerry lifestyle!
    10-16-11 03:11 PM
    Holy, bajesus! I'm in nerdvana! I'm going to put on one of those tees and hats, sit with my BB and play NFS on those giant screens. Thanks for sharing!
    10-16-11 03:14 PM
    Yes its cool,and made me easier to find some nice bb accessories
    and on the first day,they sale a half price of all bb device included playbook for the first 100 people
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by chanpisan; 10-16-11 at 04:31 PM.
    10-16-11 04:06 PM
    I want, I want, I want! Why you no come to Canada? Ha ha!
    10-16-11 04:20 PM
    Ok, my bucket list is bigger now... OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-16-11 04:49 PM
  8. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    photos reminded me of the new Blackberry store that just opened in Bangkok Thailand a couple of weeks when i was there ..

It was berry berry nice .. full of people too!!
    10-16-11 05:15 PM
    Please open one in Sarasota, Florida!
    10-16-11 05:25 PM
    Now that truly is Blackberry heaven, I want one . Nice photos. Nice store.......maybe I should move
    Last edited by spencerdl; 10-16-11 at 06:11 PM.
    10-16-11 06:09 PM
    Here are the Rest of the Photos of the Store on BlackBerry's Facebook Page:

You can even see pictures of them building the store in the first album, as well as the first day it was open...

BlackBerry by Jaymart Lifestyle Store

BlackBerry by Jaymart Lifestyle Store 3

BlackBerry by Jaymart Lifestyle Store 4
    10-17-11 12:15 AM
    I want to go there!!! I know what i'm building if i win the lottery...
    10-17-11 01:58 AM
    At my opinion, they HAVE to do this. This is a great news (even if it seems "operated" and not brand-owned).
    This will COST (their product range is not wide enough, as discussed here : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ight=BB+Stores with a current result of +66% pros) but they definitively need flagships over the world to demonstrate, as distributors fail to do so (many times discussed here too).
    msmara likes this.
    10-17-11 04:56 AM
    This store is incredible, smart, educated staff goes a long way to selling products. RIM and Jaymart have a real winner here. I was there today and the place was still packed! 3 weeks after launch. This is key for RIM going forward. You just cant leave it up to some spoiled little brat at Bestbuy or staples to get the job done. Sales staff need passion
    Last edited by Dapper37; 10-17-11 at 06:50 AM.
    meganVee and msmara like this.
    10-17-11 06:47 AM
    why dont they open one here like that one?

fantastic...its actually great..the deco is great and the theme is fantastic..the BBMe is just a seller really..

as for NFS, i would replace with the newer Asphalt game...

a store like this here will get many many people specially with the nice themed stuff...

even my company when we did some marketing in SE asian countries we found our partners were very marketing savvy and were full of ideas...

great..lets hope more will come...
    10-17-11 07:09 AM
    one comment to make...

surely from the video posted in this thread it seems like RIM is dead...

the real buyers of the product are sitting on the other side of the world while many of the moaning arsehole shareholders/media propagandists are sitting closer to home (no offense to anyone)..

thats the difference...
    Dapper37 likes this.
    10-17-11 07:16 AM
    If you guys want to order those BBMe. Shirts and Coffee Mugs, you can order them from cafe press:

Mug by bbme_shirt- 491354185

Bbme Gifts, T-Shirts, Stickers, & More - CafePress
    10-17-11 12:01 PM
    At my opinion, they HAVE to do this. This is a great news (even if it seems "operated" and not brand-owned).
    This will COST (their product range is not wide enough, as discussed here : http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ight=BB+Stores with a current result of +66% pros) but they definitively need flagships over the world to demonstrate, as distributors fail to do so (many times discussed here too).
    I agree, they really really need to have these stores here in the US to educate consumers about what the BlackBerry platform can offer.

I'd like to see one at the mall, right next to an apple store LOL
    Spencerdl and Chrisy like this.
    10-17-11 12:06 PM
    Again and clearly. Its all about dedicated sales staff!!
    10-17-11 11:00 PM
    Love it!

Not sure I like the layout,

I'd have like to seen dedicated islands for each product type, Looks like an Apple Store too much, I want product training on the floor.
    10-18-11 07:43 AM
    Love it!

Not sure I like the layout,
    Click to view quoted image

I'd have like to seen dedicated islands for each product type, Looks like an Apple Store too much, I want product training on the floor.
    Thats what you have, basically they have all new BB7 devices with PlayBooks on those tables, each table hooked up to a 60" plasma to show off the function of all the features of the new BB devices, the bridge and connectivity to the large screen. With trained, intelagent staff that actual love the product. Something wrong with that?
    Its not a phone, if it looks to much like a apple store well apple stores look to much like sony stores and sony..... ya you know where i'm going.
    10-18-11 08:04 AM
    Thats what you have, basically they have all new BB7 devices with PlayBooks on those tables, each table hooked up to a 60" plasma to show off the function of all the features of the new BB devices, the bridge and connectivity to the large screen. With trained, intelagent staff that actual love the product. Something wrong with that?
    Its not a phone, if it looks to much like a apple store well apple stores look to much like sony stores and sony..... ya you know where i'm going.

What I see are 4 tables full of different products, the best way to close a sale is to have a single contrast, you want to compare 2 models not 5 models, you want to keep the customers choices down, if they don't know what they want you don't show them 10 phones, you ask 10 questions and show them 2-3 phones.

Ideally I'd want to see 4 tablets, each dedicated to a different product Bold, Curve, Torch, Each Tablet would have accessories, to compliment the device as well, those accessories would be hanging from the wall, Each tablet would have a PlayBook to get bridged too, and ideally each table would have a 17-21" screen talking about the features of the BlackBerry's featured on the table,

You Run the risk of overwhelming the timid shopper by putting everything together, and having a sales person over their shoulder, some people want to browse and learn, A Full like kiosk, near the till, with 1 of each device, and a PlayBook for side by side comparisons would be a welcome addition.

Also with the separation you get to see store demographics, where to people gravitate to? If you move the display's around once a month do people move to a store location or a display location, you keep the store fresh with minimal work. Plus promotions for specific devices are displayed in one location, not all 4
    10-18-11 08:15 AM
  23. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I thought those photos were familiar! .. haha .. I was there!!! at launch! hehe
    10-18-11 01:42 PM
    Due to opening of this store anyone can easily buy the Blackberry handsets. And it is near also so the buyers can get the proper detail also about the handsets.
    10-18-11 02:05 PM
    Cool idea, for sure! I'm glad to see this and I hope they do it in many, many more cities around the world to bolster the BB brand and stop trusting carrier salespeople to understand, promote and sell BB products, as another Dapper37 has said. (Edit: I guess if these are actually Jaymart stores in BB clothing, then RIM still is trusting retailers rather than RIM employees to get the job done, unfortunately.)

Saw this YouTube vid that gives another view of inside the store:

I guess I was a bit dissapointed, though, to see that the store looks SOO much like an Apple store. I'm down with the sleek store design, but even the clear placards sitting on the white tables remind me of Apple stores. Would probably have been a good idea to differentiate BB's stores if they're trying to differentiate their products, but it's a start. Maybe additional stores around the world will look different after they learn from the Thailand store.

I don't know much about Jaymart but their website (the link looks like gibberish, but it's because it's a foreign language site, I guess; opens fine, though, and to the English version) (--- � ���� �ú����ͧ����ͧ�ػ�ó�������� ---) says they're essentially a mobile phone retailer. This would lead me to wonder if there actually will be any other BB Lifestyle stores outside of regions served by Jaymart. I had also wondered why RIM picked Thailand to open its first store, but I'm assuming Jaymart probably brought the idea to RIM and that Jaymart probably it taking most/all of the risk involved in making the store successful. Will be interesting to watch to see how it flies. I hope we can get some periodic updates here on CB somehow.
    Last edited by BBMINI; 10-18-11 at 02:26 PM.
    10-18-11 02:24 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD