Lol..this is clearly Leaps competition, you're assuming that if people are looking at BlackBerry devices they're just supposed to completely disregard Androids as if they're not a viable option. Who the hell shops like that?

This device is priced better than the Leap and has a better camera...trust me, people will be comparing.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe if you've been paying attention to the past year you would know the leap is intended as an entry level prosumer choice for devices which are handed out to employees.

Obviously zero consumers will buy the leap if they are open to all operating systems. But as many of the forum users here are not open to getting an. Android phone at any price level.

Again I'll reiterate, the leap target market is not the average consumer. It's the business which is handing out devices to its employees and that prefers BlackBerry regardless.

Not to mention 5.5 inch vs 5inch already puts these two phones in completely different categories.
    05-20-15 01:32 PM
    So does loading leaks on Bb10 I believe.
    Nice try. Link for this or I call BS. Maybe I'm wrong but loading a leak which can only come from BlackBerry themselves is not going to void a BlackBerry warranty.
    ROM's on the other hand are developed but other groups of people and are not developed by Google or the phone manufacturers. So THAT will void your warranty.
    05-20-15 01:33 PM
    Goes to show what you know. If you never open an app or use it at all, it does not run and use resources. It may take-up a little space on my device but that is no big deal.
    Look, can I ask you a really serious question? If you are such a Blackberry hater, why come to this forum? If you like to read about BlackBerry, then that's fine. but if you have such a disdain toward the devices, then don't post. Keep the hate to yourself. People come to CrackBerry to read about their BlackBerry devices and like to know the good and bad. But do they need to keep reading posts like yours trying to convince people that they should have an android because YOU say they are so much better. Don't you have better things to do with your time?
    I never said it was a lot of resources did I? Resources is resources. Space wasted on an installed app you'll never use is still wasted resources. Is it not?

What in the world makes you think that I hate BlackBerry? I started supporting BlackBerry with the 7250 and have owned literally dozens of them since. I've been a developer for BlackBerry starting with themes for the original Storm and continuing on to the PlayBook and BB10. I love BlackBerry and would love to see them get their act together.

I still hold out hope that BlackBerry will some day make a OS and devices that meets my needs again. Voicing what I dislike about a BB10 doesn't equal me hating BlackBerry.

We both want the same things - for BlackBerry to improve and get competitive devices out to market again.
    05-20-15 01:34 PM
    BlackBerry gets unfounded bad press.

Posted via CB10
    Right. What's the expression? "People who live in glass houses..."
    05-20-15 01:36 PM
    We both want the same things - for BlackBerry to improve and get competitive devices out to market again.
    You sure have a funny way of showing how much you love BlackBerry. If you want them to succeed like you claim, then maybe you should refrain from pushing OTHER devices in this or any other BlackBerry forum. Constantly bragging about how you think android is so superior to BlackBerry sure isn't going to sell a lot of BlackBerry devices. Why don't you leave your "help" to make BlackBerry succeed at the door on your way out.
    lovedaazn likes this.
    05-20-15 01:39 PM
    Voicing what I dislike about a BB10 doesn't equal me hating BlackBerry.
    Maybe, Maybe not. Now that I think about it, I had you (Witmen) blocked in the past because of your constant trolling and negativity towards anything not android. Time to block you again because as of this moment I really have no interest in ever reading another word you write.
    Witmen likes this.
    05-20-15 01:46 PM
    You sure have a funny way of showing how much you love BlackBerry. If you want them to succeed like you claim, then maybe you should refrain from pushing OTHER devices in this or any other BlackBerry forum. Constantly bragging about how you think android is so superior to BlackBerry sure isn't going to sell a lot of BlackBerry devices. Why don't you leave your "help" to make BlackBerry succeed at the door on your way out.
    You know what got BlackBerry where it is today? They believed that they didn't need to improve to keep up with the competition.

All of the good little fanboys and fangirls constantly defended what ever BlackBerry was doing at the moment and they never gave them more.

I don't need apps.
    I don't need a good camera.
    I don't need to surf the web on my phone.
    I don't need top of the line specs.

CrackBerry users said all of those things for years and BlackBerry took far too long to improve in those areas.

Sometimes, voicing concerns can be far more productive than pretending that everything is swell.
    05-20-15 01:50 PM
    You know what got BlackBerry where it is today? They believed that they didn't need to improve to keep up with the competition.

All of the good little fanboys and fangirls constantly defended what ever BlackBerry was doing at the moment and they never gave them more.

I don't need apps.

CrackBerry users said all of those things for years and BlackBerry took far too long to improve in those areas.

Sometimes, voicing concerns can be far more productive than pretending that everything is swell.
    I use a Nexus 6 and still enjoy BB10 with my secondary device. You didn't come in here to talk about what BB needs to improve or to stop misinformation. You came in here looking for a fight. I don't know why but it is obvious. BB 10 has plenty of room for improvement but is also a great OS in many ways already.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    lift likes this.
    05-20-15 02:00 PM
    Why does it have to be 100% one way or 100% the other way? There's a big middle we could meet in.
    Neither Blackberry nor Android is perfect. Correct? We should be able to discuss our hobby without telling people they have to leave. Correct? Let's not be so defensive on both sides???

Be classically hip with the BlackBerry Classic
    05-20-15 02:21 PM

I don't need apps.

Voicing your concerns is completely different than bringing BlackBerry and other people down. There is a polite way of doing it and a rude way of doing it. Based on what I've said, along with what others have said about you and your posts, you can probably guess which approach you're taking.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 02:54 PM
    The specs blow Leap out of the water! However, it's another Android device. It would be a great device as a replacement for another Android phone. I would recommend it.

Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.1.2582
    05-20-15 03:04 PM
    Maybe if you've been paying attention to the past year you would know the leap is intended as an entry level prosumer choice for devices which are handed out to employees.

Obviously zero consumers will buy the leap if they are open to all operating systems. But as many of the forum users here are not open to getting an. Android phone at any price level.

Again I'll reiterate, the leap target market is not the average consumer. It's the business which is handing out devices to its employees and that prefers BlackBerry regardless.

Not to mention 5.5 inch vs 5inch already puts these two phones in completely different categories.
    Obviously my local Telus store never got the memo. They have a working Leap.

Still the z30 is a nicer up scale phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 03:04 PM
    Nice try. Link for this or I call BS. Maybe I'm wrong but loading a leak which can only come from BlackBerry themselves is not going to void a BlackBerry warranty.
    ROM's on the other hand are developed but other groups of people and are not developed by Google or the phone manufacturers. So THAT will void your warranty.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...rranty-970186/

You can always revert back of course, but here is an instance where it happened!

Posted with my Z30
    05-20-15 03:20 PM
    You obviously don't know what you're talking about. There's a difference between leaks and rooting.

Rooting is breaking into the phone security and modifying the OS or installing an OS that isn't approved or recommended by any phone manufacturers. Obviously you are not satisfied with what you got so you have to go above and beyond and even risk your phone security and warranty to makes you feel better about your phone.

BlackBerry leaks are just beta software that you have a choice not to install. Testing out software is a choice to help developers improve their software before releasing to the general public.

So does loading leaks on Bb10 I believe. All of the statements you mention could be said for side loading apps onto Bb10. Average consumer won't do these things for Bb10 either.

Posted with my Z30
    lift likes this.
    05-20-15 03:34 PM
    So you can install a different one and even make it the default app.
    I have an android tablet (fire hdx) comes with its own email client. BB blasts it in every single way. I find Android to be flimsy. Thats just my opinion. I had no choice when it came to a tablet though. I love its speed but its just feels flimsy.. The photo app is another junk compared to the simple picture viewer on bb10. Then I go to browse the net and it always has to open an external BS app to open to handle youtube videos or other things. ..I dont know..havent felt the necessity for another phone when BB gives me everything built in..Just my 2 cents
    05-20-15 03:43 PM
    You obviously don't know what you're talking about. There's a difference between leaks and rooting.

Rooting is breaking into the phone security and modifying the OS or installing an OS that isn't approved or recommended by any phone manufacturers. Obviously you are not satisfied with what you got so you have to go above and beyond and even risk your phone security and warranty to makes you feel better about your phone.

BlackBerry leaks are just beta software that you have a choice not to install. Testing out software is a choice to help developers improve their software before releasing to the general public.
    You are loading software in the device that the manufacturer did not intend for the device to run. The link above shows someone denied work because he loaded a leak on his device. Just as someone stated most Android users won't root a device, the same can be said for most BB10 users side loading app stores, SNAP, Cobalt's work etc. Very few here are running leaks to provide BlackBerry valuable information and have not been asked by BlackBerry to do any testing. They are running them to see what it can do and if it brings any new features to the table.

Posted with my Z30
    sentimentGX4 and Witmen like this.
    05-20-15 03:47 PM
    No, you are not...you are lying. Been using CB app for more than a year, have not see any ads. Can you show us how/where are you seen ads on CB app?
    He meant using the bb10 browser to go on Crackberry, I believe. And yes, there are ads on that website.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    05-20-15 04:05 PM
    Hahahahahaha, liked Android so much he had to root the hell of it. LOL!!! And a rooted phone doesn't give you access to some aspects of the play store, like renting movies. So it is not all candy land.

I agree the CB site is an add abomination on the browser. Thanks for the app though.

True that BlackBerry should have a high spec to run android apps. Happy so far with my Z30

Posted via CB10
    lift likes this.
    05-20-15 04:28 PM
    Sounds like you're getting a bit defensive. Should probably go over to the android forum and stay there. Android is a laggy OS and I'm not comfortable with how much malware garbage the playstore has.

Posted via CB10
    Malware and Laggy? LOL, You must not have used a premium Android device in years. The cool thing about Android devices is the ability to root any phone and customize it down to its bones. My S4 is constantly being reinvented, currently on CyanogenMod and because of its specs it's able to remain current as a great second option-almost 3 years later. Being an Android fan doesn't automatically make someone a Blackberry hater.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    StutterStep likes this.
    05-20-15 05:28 PM

Keep drinking that Kool aid and thanks for assuming that I don't pay attention...a real burn.

Here's a task for you, go to a carrier store and ask if the Leap is selling better than the Passport or Classic. The answer will blow your mind.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 05:35 PM
    Keep drinking that Kool aid and thanks for assuming that I don't pay attention...a real burn.

Here's a task for you, go to a carrier store and ask if the Leap is selling better than the Passport or Classic. The answer will blow your mind.

Posted via CB10
    What is the answer? Blow my mind

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 05:47 PM
    Blow. My. Mind.

Suffer Now & Live The Rest Of Your Life As A Champion
    05-20-15 06:11 PM
    Someone mentioned it's full of bloatware like Samsung phones so that's the other way of them making money. I paid top dollars for a good OS experience, not a bunch of junk and ads that will pop up to frustrate me further.

Blackberry software engineers deserves to get paid too. It's their ingenuity that makes it's users all smiley. For that I wouldn't mind paying $100 more for a better experience.
    :-D

I've been trying to say that for a while. The OS does constitute value, not just the hardware specs with a free bloated OS. Making that OS and keeping it up-to-date costs money. So, how much are you really willing to pay for the OS experience on top of the hardware?

(that's were some of the price difference comes from, between a super cheapo Android and a Leap, plus add keyboard for the Classic)

�   Passposted while waiting for the Z-lider....   �
    Bbnivende likes this.
    05-20-15 06:26 PM
    How's that S4 on Lollipop NOT working so good hence Cyanogen with its own restrictions. I hated Samsung updates on my Galaxy S2 and Note 8. Devices abandoned too soon. That is what I like about BlackBerry - continued support. At least better than Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    lift and thymaster like this.
    05-20-15 06:51 PM
    What is the answer? Blow my mind

Posted via CB10
    The answer is yes.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-15 06:58 PM
143 12345 ...