As I sit here with my almost 2 year old daughter watching BB, beauty and the beast, for the millionth time I wonder how my people are parenting in one hand and using their blackberry in the other? I use it all the time with my daughter between using the mp3 player to play a favorite song or letting her play with it when in lock just to make her happy. How many people are like me being a parent and a addict at the same time?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 11:07 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out why kids love cell phones more than their own toys? If my kids want to play with the cell phone I let them text for me. They are 2 and 4 I will take their fingers and place it on the numbers or letters and say them out loud as we text. That way they learn as well as "play" with the phone.

04-27-09 11:15 PM
    You let a two year old play with your berry "to make her happy"? Are you kidding?

04-27-09 11:18 PM
    just make sure they dont place an emergency call when its locked
    04-27-09 11:19 PM
    You let a two year old play with your berry "to make her happy"? Are you kidding?

I dont see a problem with it?
    04-28-09 01:32 AM
    I don't have kids but my sister likes to roll the trackball around on my Blackberry�. Since she's always doing this I let her use my old Pearl that way nothing happens to my Curve (she has friends with sticky fingers.)

04-28-09 01:33 AM
    jackrip, im with you on this one, my 4 year old boy likes to type letters on my laptop, I think its a great way of them not having any form of techno-phobia and learning at the same time, I must admit I have the app Phoneyfart which my boy would play with all day if I let him. it tickles him pink hearing that noise come out of my Bold every time he presses the buttom, Im sure youd admit theres nothing as addictive as hearing a 4 year old errupt with laughter ?
    04-28-09 01:41 AM
    Wow I don't have kids but there's no way I'd let them handle my berry maybe on of my old regular phones but not a 600 dollar phone.

04-28-09 01:43 AM
    i dont know about all that bro i won't even let my 9 year old sister old my storm just cause im so nervous about something happening to it.....you know how kids are next thing you know she's gonna chuck your bb up against wall and laugh lol
    04-28-09 01:50 AM
    um..
    i am sure you as a private consumer or corporate user of blackberry do not need to remind us that blackberry is a registered trademark brand, i am sure we know this. or are you just trting to be cool by copy pasting the "�" simbol after the word "blackberry".

if youre being cool then thats okay i guess because i also like to try be cool sometimes

Lol. Sorry. I just got a bunch of symbols from someone on here and was messing around with them. I had added that to my auto text for Blackberry to for the heck of it a few days and forgot to remove it.
    04-28-09 03:31 AM
    Re above

Lol I'm just being anal.
    Haha. It's cool

04-28-09 04:53 AM
    I knew when I said I let her play with my phone that I would get a 50 50 response of happ and horror. I don't let her play with it by her self and when I washed my white pearl I gave it to her as a play phone. If I had a storm I might not let her play with it cause of the TouchScreen and all but my wife has a samsung behold and my daughter doesn't like to play with it cause there are no actual buttons to push. She has also made a emergency call on my phone too which lead to a voicemail on my phone from the 911 operator saying if you are in danger please give us a call back and we will try to help you. After that we had a talk about proper phone use from mommy.

04-28-09 07:15 AM
    I don't let my kids play with mine but they think it is amazing that I am on the internet and their eyes light up. No one touches my phone its my baby lol.

04-28-09 08:19 AM
    My three year old cousin is fascinated with my BlackBerry at times, but she is slowly growing out of it. She is use to seeing me with mine, and my Aunt(her mom) with hers lol. It is easy to multitask with a BlackBerry!
    04-28-09 08:24 AM
    my eight year old and i play games on my phone together all the time, and i also let him text my eleven year old nephew while he's using his mom's phone. we listen to music together off it while we're riding in the car lol
    04-28-09 08:25 AM
    My son is 2 and he just says "mommy new phone no touch". I think I've trained him well.

04-28-09 08:26 AM
    As long as your watching the kids 'play' with it, it shouldn't be a big concern.
    i think it's a good way to get kids into tech stuff. my daughter is 5 and is very good as using the computer, but I guess teaching them to text maybe not a good idea, they will want their own when they are 7 or 8.
    As far as them wrecking the phone, that's what insurance is for...sooner or later the phone will get broke on way or the other.
    04-28-09 08:28 AM
    I tried to keep my Bold away from my year and a half old daughter but it was nearly impossible. The more I tried to keep it from her the more she wanted it so I let her hold it while she's on my lap.

And a lot of the time when she's sitting there on me watching Barney or something I'll have the phone in the other hand.
    04-28-09 08:31 AM
    I lety my son play bubble pop and Brick breaker on my storm. keeps him occupied when we are at his grandfather's Mason's Lodge and there are no other kids about.

His reading is improving so I may let him start playing word mole soon
    04-28-09 09:44 AM
    I LOLed for real at the trademark exchange. lmaooo
    04-28-09 12:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD