Hello Crackberry World!!!!!!

I am one of the carckberry adicts and have recently moved to Japan.....I am sad to say I hardly see any Blackberry devices here.Its iPhone world here followed by Android.Latest BB here is Bold 9780 which was recently released still no news of BB 7 devices.Just imagine country like Japan has no Blackberry playbook yet and there are no news of releasing here soon.

I understand Blackberry service started in Japan from 2006 but that should not be the excuse.Japan is contry where people love technology and they can esily get addicted to BBM but I haven't seen any initiative from Japan carrier and I can't expect much from RIM.

I am just wondering if RIM focus more on Japan its very big market.Just my suggestion I know very what RIM is going through.

I will be very happy person if japanese people start using BBM and playbook.

By this forum if we reach out to RIM it will be awesome.

What do you all think?
    12-12-11 06:03 PM
    Well, RIM has to add Japanese input before launching the PB in Japan.
    They launched in Hong Kong, but they don't have Chinese input. What were they thinking? I have a feeling Playbook is not that popular in HK.
    12-13-11 02:47 AM
    I agree, Blackberry needs to be more popular in Japan and they should start on bringing the OS7 devices to there also.

But the market there is different.
    And the language..i think it's also slowing the progress..
    12-13-11 03:47 AM
    iPhone provides everything in Japanese and English in day one Abd they hold number 1 position.

Anyways the message is do not make any delay and bring hot new Bb in market asap not after 1 year.
    12-13-11 04:59 AM
    RIM wont be a dominate player in Japan until they have a viable touchscreen phone, touchscreen phones have been popular in Japan long before the iPhone hit the stage, I am actually surprised the iPhone is as popular as it is in Japan remembering all the phones I used to covet when I was in my early 20's in Japan were much more advanced and further along that what we had in North America, and the iPhone never has been the most advanced hardware device. certainly the most full ecosystem, I suppose apps have replaced the hardware coolness of Japanese phones.
    12-13-11 07:05 AM
    Japan is a huge example of cell phone saturation. A lot of things are different there that makes me think BlackBerries will not be popular in a long, long time.
    12-13-11 08:27 AM
    I was there for a few weeks in Aug/Sept and yeah it is either iPhone or those weird huge flip phones with tons of symbols on them. All has to do with Language input. The qwerty just isn't effective for them and they need something that will allow them input the Japanese language. I wouldn't expect RIM to have a chance until QNX comes out with Japanese support, and with Apple with such a strong foothold there even then it may be too late.
    12-13-11 09:31 AM
    Also, let's face it. The Apple App culture is perfectly suited for Japanese Consumer Culture. Consumerism in technology drives sales not complexity/practicality. There's plenty of cute, creative, and kawaii things in App store. That's what sells: Domo, Mameshiba, Giga-pudding!

That's not to say that Blackberry can never compete there, but they're probably only going to make inroads in the enterprise/corporate market in Japan.
    12-13-11 11:43 AM
    Even in carporate markets they are always one year late in releasing devices,OS etc.RIM is just ignoring Japan if they make models available quickly they can call sell lots of Bb devices.
    12-13-11 04:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD