I'm not sure where this should go so feel free to move it to the appropriate place...

The question is, has anyone seen any new information for when the portfolio of BlackBerry apps will be made available for iOS?
    11-21-15 08:22 AM
    I doubt many of the apps will ever come to iOS with how little apple allows apps to do on the OS level.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-15 09:08 AM
    I believe it fits well with general BlackBerry discussion topic.
    Moved accordingly.
    SF
    11-24-15 09:21 AM
    The ones that facilitate the functionality BlackBerry Enterprise Service will certainly be developed and maintained. Other than that there should be declining interest since BBM didn't really catch on among everyone else. If there were going to be any traction regarding this it would have been with BBM.
    11-24-15 09:42 AM
    Didn't they announce that they were bringing the Hub, keyboard and a few other apps over?
    11-24-15 10:04 AM
    Didn't they announce that they were bringing the Hub, keyboard and a few other apps over?
    Yeah they announce the BlackBerry Experience suite of Apps for iOS, Android and even Windows.... Introducing the Cross-Platform BlackBerry Experience Suite | Inside BlackBerry

Made the announcement last March, even have a Video to go along with it. But they haven't said much else about it in nine months. Maybe the focus has been Android and the PRIV and now they'll move to finish the Android Experience Apps. Too I think the BlackBerry Experience was going to be more of a BES type solution, with the purchase of Good and the need to "stream line" the two EMM divisions... that might have slowed things down a little.
    11-24-15 10:16 AM
    Yeah they announce the BlackBerry Experience suite of Apps for iOS, Android and even Windows.... Introducing the Cross-Platform BlackBerry Experience Suite | Inside BlackBerry

Made the announcement last March, even have a Video to go along with it. But they haven't said much else about it in nine months. Maybe the focus has been Android and the PRIV and now they'll move to finish the Android Experience Apps. Too I think the BlackBerry Experience was going to be more of a BES type solution, with the purchase of Good and the need to "stream line" the two EMM divisions... that might have slowed things down a little.
    This is all correct but that announcement said the apps would be released later this year... I guess like myself, no one else has heard anything new
    11-24-15 10:41 AM
    This is all correct but that announcement said the apps would be released later this year... I guess like myself, no one else has heard anything new
    No and that is kinda strange... Chen has had some opportunities to talk about these coming apps in some recent interviews, but didn't. At this point I think we won't see them this year. Really strange they haven't even updated their announcement page or the associated blog.

But then I think that these apps aren't going to interest many to begin with. Heck a few PRIV owners are deleting the HUB, and over on AC many don't understand what it's for as it duplicates everything out of the box.
    11-24-15 11:15 AM
    No and that is kinda strange... Chen has had some opportunities to talk about these coming apps in some recent interviews, but didn't. At this point I think we won't see them this year. Really strange they haven't even updated their announcement page or the associated blog.

But then I think that these apps aren't going to interest many to begin with. Heck a few PRIV owners are deleting the HUB, and over on AC many don't understand what it's for as it duplicates everything out of the box.
    To be honest I think the most useful app will be the keyboard... The Hub will never function the way it's meant to outside of BlackBerry 10 but the keyboard and is the best VKB available
    11-24-15 12:23 PM
    Probably at the same time BBM video is released cross platform.
    11-24-15 05:07 PM
    Probably at the same time BBM video is released cross platform.
    Which is "never", if I translate your riddle correctly... :-)

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    vaioman likes this.
    11-24-15 05:10 PM
    To be honest I think the most useful app will be the keyboard... The Hub will never function the way it's meant to outside of BlackBerry 10 but the keyboard and is the best VKB available
    BlackBerry 10 vkb on an iPhone would take care of one of my biggest gripes with iOS. And I agreed with your comment about the hub not functioning how it should on iOS. Something tells me Apple is working on a unified inbox and we'll probably see something in iOS X.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    11-24-15 07:15 PM
    BlackBerry 10 vkb on an iPhone would take care of one of my biggest gripes with iOS. And I agreed with your comment about the hub not functioning how it should on iOS. Something tells me Apple is working on a unified inbox and we'll probably see something in iOS X.

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    Yeah, sadly I gave up with BlackBerry after having the 9000, 9900, Z10, Z30 and Passport... I much prefer BlackBerry 10 than iOS as an OS but contrary to popular belief in these forums, apps are important.

If Apple do make a unified inbox they probably will copy a lot from the Hub, you can see a lot of things copied from BlackBerry 10 in iOS. But I definitely could do with the keyboard from BlackBerry.
    11-25-15 08:08 AM
    Yeah, sadly I gave up with BlackBerry after having the 9000, 9900, Z10, Z30 and Passport... I much prefer BlackBerry 10 than iOS as an OS but contrary to popular belief in these forums, apps are important.

If Apple do make a unified inbox they probably will copy a lot from the Hub, you can see a lot of things copied from BlackBerry 10 in iOS. But I definitely could do with the keyboard from BlackBerry.
    I think because Apple has become so important to Enterprise, you'll see more BlackBerry like features come to iOS. Have no doubt they'll soon invent a place where all mail and notifications can be seen in one place....
    11-25-15 08:14 AM
    I think because Apple has become so important to Enterprise, you'll see more BlackBerry like features come to iOS. Have no doubt they'll soon invent a place where all mail and notifications can be seen in one place....
    Invent, ... lol :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    11-25-15 04:28 PM
    I just want to add general discussion that now a days iPhone was once Blackberry. Things change always, and this time shall pass. So uniqueness, security and customer care always raise you up high in the air.
    11-26-15 09:22 AM
    I just want to add general discussion that now a days iPhone was once Blackberry. Things change always, and this time shall pass. So uniqueness, security and customer care always raise you up high in the air.
    Things do indeed change, very rapidly in the IT world... Unfortunately the inability to keep up with change has been BlackBerrys downfall
    11-26-15 10:10 AM
    I just wanted to add if that's you in your avatar pic...DAMN!

11-26-15 02:22 PM