Stanford Starts the 'Secure Internet of Things Project' - Slashdot

I heard Blackberry is involved with a consortium of sorts doing the same thing. I vaguely remember hearing Berkeley being one of the universities Blackberry is pairing with which is why I ask since some of the members are from Berkeley. Does anyone know if they are involved with this project as well? I would assume this one will get a lot of traction since Stanford is one of the leading tech universities in the world. I'm hoping that if they aren't sponsoring this project somehow that they should be...
    07-01-15 07:26 AM
    I haven't seen any articles that say they are involved. BUT, true IoT is typically DIY, which means its on the user to code their safety in - not really the manufacturers.
    09-03-15 05:34 PM
    The Secure Internet of Things Project is a cross-disciplinary research effort between computer science and electrical engineering faculty at Stanford University, UC Berkeley, and the University of Michigan. I haven't heard anything about Blackberries involvement.

Maybe your confusing SITP with Blackberry IoT. They both have "Internet of things" in the title.
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-05-15 10:14 PM