Hi everyone,

For the past few months I have been frustrated with my Blackberry Torch 9800. I am on the verge of throwing this phone against the wall!! To cut the story short, my BIS disconnects frequently. I either have to turn the 'Mobile Network' off and on again for it to work, or I wait and after 15 minutes it comes back on. I have tried the following:

-Complete reset of my blackberry to factory settings
    -Contacted my service provider and they reset my Sim card
    -Got a new Sim card, and changed the number back to my old number. It is a FRESH Sim card and I still have the problem

I am with Orange and this has started around the same time when they merged the connections with T-mobile. Could it be a carrier issue? Around the same time I have also changed the touchscreen on my blackberry (cant be too sure about the time-frame). I have paid for it to be replaced twice as I kept on getting a black screen after a couple of months.

Could the top sliding section i.e. the screen, be causing the problem? Is the radio antenna in this part of the phone, or is there an issue with EE? The technial support team from EE is terrible as well, cant wait to change service provider in October...just too long to wait

Help would be appreciated as I have tried everything that I know of.
    Last edited by lawrence8; 05-03-13 at 05:18 PM. Reason: added information
    05-03-13 05:10 PM
    I would most likely think it to be a carrier issue. I have had no problems here in India with my 9860 and the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 05:30 PM
    You may want to lock down the connection to just 2G and monitor... I know the connectivity will be slow and browsing and streaming will suffer but at least you will be connected to the services.

Try and let me know

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 05:51 PM
    I have tried what you said and it does stay connected on 2G, but with slow internet. Any ideas why my 3G still wont stay connected then?
    05-04-13 11:40 AM
    That's because the network speed fluctuates... I have the same problem in some areas of my city. The network switches off when I am on 3G and then unable to make calls. However when I stay connected at 2G / EDGE, the network is solid and does not drop, but the biggest problem is browsing speed.

You gotta check with your carrier. Maybe you are in a locality which is right at the edge of your carrier coverage. I know I am and the network from where I live becomes spotty with 3G till I reach some other area. So I use my DSL wifi... but with EDGE on... I stay solid... good enough for emails...

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 04:16 PM
    You say you are in india and have BIS in both torch and z10??? How come it is possible??

Because z10 does not support BIS plan, at least in india.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:54 AM
    You misread... or maybe I wrote it wrong. Z10 is on the regular plan and the 9860 on BIS with 3G.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 07:23 PM
    Well it happens irrespective of where I am in the city. EE has told me about this, but it was an attempt to just delay the answer as they don't know why either. I have had the same issue with the phone in The Netherlands. I have restored my phone to factory settings, but still the same problem....could it be the phone then?
    05-07-13 12:05 PM
    Looks like it...

Posted via CB10
    05-07-13 04:02 PM