Hi all,

I'm kind of a newbie but I had a question. I am trying to use my BB as a modem for my laptop without the cord. The two are paired and I can sync via BT. I can use the BB as a modem with the cord. I just can't do it without. I have gone through the entire forum with no luck. Any suggestions?
    05-29-08 06:37 PM
    Do you have a tethering plan? I believe thats seperate from the regular plan.
    05-29-08 06:57 PM
    Yes, need a plan.

Welcome to CB.
    05-29-08 07:05 PM
    I don't know that using your phone as a modem via BT is going to work. But in any case I would recommend that you use the USB cord. BT data speed is slower than if you were to have it plugged it via USB.
    05-29-08 07:05 PM
    i use verizon, and wuth verizon as a carrier it came with a access manager and in it there is a way to sit up tethered or blue tooth. if your carrier has this maybe they can tell you how to set up the bluetooth modem
    05-29-08 09:16 PM
    I have Sprint and they do have some connection software but it doesn't have a BT option. I just want to have a backup in case I leave my USB cable at work. When my BB is paired it does come up in my networks do dial out using the phone but it doesn't connect. What is this tethering plan?
    Last edited by Schmitty75; 05-30-08 at 11:44 AM.
    05-30-08 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD
";