Just had a major car accident which left us with serious injuries, a crushed pt cruiser and two ruined blackberrys. An 8700c I just bought my husband in December and a 8310 I bought less than 24 hours before the wreck for the GPS feature. GPS gave directions but didn't warn a truck was switching lanes in front of us that didn't have break lights. Now we both have 2 year plans and no blackberry since there was no insurance. Car insurance only covers $300 for personal effects.
    02-11-08 06:17 PM
    Sorry to hear that! At least you are both safe, that's what matters...

Can you get it covered under your house insurance?
    02-11-08 06:19 PM
    I am so glad you and your husband are alright.

If you have homeowners insurance, that might cover your blackberry.
    02-11-08 06:22 PM
    Glad tht you both are fine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-11-08 07:00 PM
    glad u 2 are ok and safe.

but if u needed a good reason to leave at&t, now u have one.............

may god strengthen both of your health.
    02-11-08 07:34 PM
    wow. sorry to hear all of that. glad you are both okay.
    02-11-08 07:42 PM
    Just had a major car accident which left us with serious injuries, a crushed pt cruiser and two ruined blackberrys. An 8700c I just bought my husband in December and a 8310 I bought less than 24 hours before the wreck for the GPS feature. GPS gave directions but didn't warn a truck was switching lanes in front of us that didn't have break lights. Now we both have 2 year plans and no blackberry since there was no insurance. Car insurance only covers $300 for personal effects.
    Not sure if it varies by state but generally auto insurance does not cover things that are not "part of" or "installed in" the vehicle. Your homeowners or renters insurance would be where you would claim a cell phone. Depending on your deductible, two Berrys' retail price may be over it and worth filing a claim.

Also, if the accident is determine to not be your fault, the other guy's auto insurance carrier will be liable for your broken phones. Even if they tell you different .

I hope you are okay though, because phones can be replaced, health cannot.
    02-11-08 07:57 PM
    I'm happy you are both okay. I'm sure the crackberry gods will bestow you with new berries soon!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-08 04:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD