Looks like they are closing this down. I wonder how many idea were extracted from this and became reality...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    12-22-14 01:29 PM
    Combined with Sacha's story, not a good last few days heading into Christmas. Quite frankly, I always thought this endeavor would end up overwhelming BB or ultimately be largely ignored, given their current size.
    12-22-14 01:46 PM
    The question is why? It's like they don't want to listen

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 01:52 PM
    So much for closing it down tomorrow - it is already down.

See below:

https://blackberry.icanmakeitbetter.com/
    flyingsolid likes this.
    12-22-14 01:53 PM
    I noticed how they haven't responded to anything in the past months...
    RyanGermann likes this.
    12-22-14 01:55 PM
    I noticed how they haven't responded to anything in the past months...
    Maybe not, but my suggestion is available in latest 10.3.1 leak
    Thunderbuck and Soul_Est like this.
    12-22-14 01:57 PM
    None of this should surprise us... with BB having basically withdrawn from the consumer market... the innovative community is left high and dry... anything that does not fit into the Enterprise focus is being tossed to the scrap heap.... that is both innovation and developers... expect more of this as I suspect that as BB switches to an Enterprise/Software/Service company... the consumer market is already a thing of the past and expect it to get worse...... as much as developers are essential to BB's future... only those who contribute to the Enterprise focus will be supported by BB,,,, as we saw this weekend the the Sacha saga... even though what he contributed a great deal in his expertise... the focus was for the consumers... at least in BB's eyes... I believe this is short sighted on BB part as contribution Sacha has made are important.. but with BB new mindset... those contributions no longer have value in BB's eyes... welcome to the corporate mindset.....
    12-22-14 01:57 PM
    Quote from the community mailer:
    Thank you for participating in The BlackBerry Innovation Community. Since we launched the Community in early 2014, it has been a rich source of feedback on products and services. Your contributions to discussions and market research studies have helped validate our ideas and assured us that we are on the right track with pending products and services.

As we prepare for 2015, we�ve decided to consolidate how we�re eliciting customer feedback to help us identify new opportunities.*

That means that we will be winding down The BlackBerry Innovation Community by December 23, 2014.*

While this forum will be coming to an end, you can continue our conversation through our other programs.
    And here I thought they only just told us to take our Stickers feedback there... I am confused, but the amount of negativity here is a bit over the top.
    At least it seems a lot of the returning Legacy features seem to have come from there. Those were the type of suggestions that became really popular over there. And (guessing) some of the Passport Keyboard refinements were also suggested there, who knows if that helped.

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    12-22-14 01:59 PM
    What is the Sacha Saga?

Z30 STA 100-2
    Bbnivende likes this.
    12-22-14 02:01 PM
    icanmakeitbetter.com wasn't useful at all. Most of the ideas weren't even taking into consideration. And regarding some users called innovators, they gained their status by pointing out errors of the site it self.

I pointed out the above in the following post, back in november 2014:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general...seless-978737/

icanmakeitbetter.com was a good idea but pretty bad at execution by BlackBerry. They just rejected for good or for bad the biggest potential source for ideas and corrections they had at hand: their customers.

Their loyal customers just lost their energy contributing in the icanmakeitbetter site.

....and talking about how useless was icanmakeitbetter, by reading posts about Blackberry Beta Zone, it seems like they are following the same path.
    app_Developer likes this.
    12-22-14 02:04 PM
    None of this should surprise us... with BB having basically withdrawn from the consumer market... the innovative community is left high and dry... anything that does not fit into the Enterprise focus is being tossed to the scrap heap.... that is both innovation and developers... expect more of this as I suspect that as BB switches to an Enterprise/Software/Service company... the consumer market is already a thing of the past and expect it to get worse...... as much as developers are essential to BB's future... only those who contribute to the Enterprise focus will be supported by BB,,,, as we saw this weekend the the Sacha saga... even though what he contributed a great deal in his expertise... the focus was for the consumers... at least in BB's eyes... I believe this is short sighted on BB part as contribution Sacha has made are important.. but with BB new mindset... those contributions no longer have value in BB's eyes... welcome to the corporate mindset.....
    Agreed to some extent as I know that a good number of BES Admins have frequently used the site to suggest topics/issues/concerns about the Enterprise solution they were either currently using or planning to upgrade.

There were some great suggestion regarding Enterprise and interoperability between Blackberry devices and IOS and Android platforms, some starting out at a BES level but then going further into the development of BB 10 OS..I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this action (or the fact that the email we received stated it would closing on the 23rd and yet it is already down) But I am, very surprised.
    12-22-14 02:04 PM
    What is the Sacha Saga?

Z30 STA 100-2
    I'm wondering too, looks like sacha said something this last weekend that I missed

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 02:05 PM
    None of this should surprise us... with BB having basically withdrawn from the consumer market... the innovative community is left high and dry....
    I couldn't agree more.
    12-22-14 02:05 PM
    What is the Sacha Saga?

Z30 STA 100-2
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=984932

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    12-22-14 02:06 PM
    What is the Sacha Saga?

Z30 STA 100-2
    Start hre and bring a great deal of patience..

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...curity-984932/
    12-22-14 02:06 PM
    Not surprised, I highly doubt they did much with the information they were given anyway. Its along the same lines as BB Fact Check. That was opened in June of this year and they have probably put up like 20 stories. With the continued beating they take almost daily in the press you'd think they'd have written more than 20 measly stories since June.
    12-22-14 02:43 PM
    Chen has been saying Enterprise, Business or Government... but for a while they have still been trying to appeal to consumers where they could.

I think the Z3 and Passport sales numbers, along with the overall lack of interest in hardware (fewer sales) has them looking for more areas to cut. Not sure that Chen's talk of regrowth and reinvestment are going to take place anytime soon - as your business has to be growing.
    12-22-14 02:57 PM
    Come on BlackBerry...:/
    They say: we are listening...really?!

Posted via Q10Bold
    12-22-14 03:00 PM
    Don't worry. Drake will save us. Keep Calm and Degrassi On!

Sorry folks, I just had to.

You might think so but I couldn't possibly comment.
    nick13b likes this.
    12-22-14 03:07 PM
    Come on BlackBerry...:/
    They say: we are listening...really?!

Posted via Q10Bold
    To be honest 90% of the stuff there was just crap. Some people wanted to go to space some to visit deep sea, but very few made any suggestions on how to make it better
    12-22-14 03:11 PM
    Wow. Thanks. Shocked that BlackBerry have taken money that people intended for that dev for themselves.

And such a respected dev in the BlackBerry community too!

Z30 STA 100-2
    12-22-14 04:00 PM
    To be honest 90% of the stuff there was just crap. Some people wanted to go to space some to visit deep sea, but very few made any suggestions on how to make it better
    So true. I saw a suggestions that they should get rid of the hub. It just became a bunch of noise and a waste of time to find really good ideas in a sea of junk.
    12-22-14 04:45 PM
    The Beta Zone has always had a Feature Requests section for every category, and it has been working reasonably well. Most requests are ignored, but some get placed in a special section where BZ members get to vote on them. Most of those end up implemented.

I didn't really see a point to creating yet another place online where users could complain and request changes. Beta Zone is still around, every post is read by dedicated BlackBerry staffers, and they often engage in discussions. Icanmakeitbetter.com was redundant, and I'm not going to miss it.

As for the security breaches - didn't they all involve BlackBerry World? Serious if you're a developer whose paid apps are getting stolen, but pretty inconsequential for us users. Methinks xSacha has over-reacted.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    12-22-14 05:09 PM
    Hope this story comes to a closure, so issues, bugs, exploits get eliminated and those owed money get paid.

:-)

�   Zzzzwipetypetapped from The Maskport - Zzzzmoqin'....   �
    12-22-14 11:09 PM
    I was quite surprised to receive the e-mail that this community would be closed down. In fact, what surprised me most was the eagerness in closing it down. Why sent an e-mail and within 24 hours, shut down the community? Why not wait until the first of January and write something like: A new year blabla looking for new ways to receive feedback blabla instead of this half assed story?

Something must have been really irking BlackBerry...?

Well, I guess I'll take a look at the Beta Zone.. I looked at that once, but somehow it just seemed so uninteresting..
    12-23-14 11:46 AM
41 12